PDA

View Full Version : Meadilonium -err, ahh, Meadlennium that is, I think...

DaleP
12-30-2010, 10:38 AM
I know I did not spell that even close, but does anyone know what happened there? I saw on the website that it is either postponed or cancelled, was hoping to enter there.

wayneb
12-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Hmmm... I haven't heard what happened, and I am as surprised as you are to see that they have canceled this year's event. That's a shame because I have one or two meads that Medsen Fey might think to be too "Chateau Plywood" for his taste, that I'd considered entering in their newly proposed oak aged category.... ;D

BTW - I changed the topic title to include one of the many variations in spelling for that event's name. It is no wonder that you were confused; they have no less than three different spellings on their home page! ;)

DaleP
12-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks Wayne, I had a mead that two years ago they told me it needed a little aging, I wanted to see how it would be now.

Oskaar
12-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Here's a link to their site.

http://www.cfhb.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=26

wayneb
03-14-2011, 03:02 PM
I chanced upon the Meadlennium home page again today, and it appears to be updated, saying now that the event will be held at the end of May this year. However, the site also says that only electronically submitted entries will be allowed, yet when you try to click on the entry forms links, they all point to an "entry deadline expired" message from 2009!

Maybe they're on the way back... maybe not. Time will tell.

Oskaar
03-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks Wayne, I had a mead that two years ago they told me it needed a little aging, I wanted to see how it would be now.

Send it to the Mazer Cup International, we'll give you a detailed evaluation, great feedback and if it's in the top three of the category, you'll get a unique and beautiful 2011 Mazer Cup International Mazer! (say that three times fast)

Cheers,

Oskaar

wildoates
03-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Send it to the Mazer Cup International, we'll give you a detailed evaluation, great feedback and if it's in the top three of the category, you'll get a unique and beautiful 2011 Mazer Cup International Mazer! (say that three times fast)

Cheers,

Oskaar

Trying to kill Wayne, are we?!

AToE
03-15-2011, 01:25 AM
That's cool, I thought the actual Mazers just went to the best of show and honourable mention, didn't realize so many were handed out! Obviously I need to read the website more carefully!

TheAlchemist
03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
...the site also says that only electronically submitted entries will be allowed...

I'm trying to conjur an image of a bottle of mead sent electronically!
Ha!