• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Meadilonium -err, ahh, Meadlennium that is, I think...

Barrel Char Wood Products

DaleP

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 30, 2008
Webster Groves, Mo
I know I did not spell that even close, but does anyone know what happened there? I saw on the website that it is either postponed or cancelled, was hoping to enter there.

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Hmmm... I haven't heard what happened, and I am as surprised as you are to see that they have canceled this year's event. That's a shame because I have one or two meads that Medsen Fey might think to be too "Chateau Plywood" for his taste, that I'd considered entering in their newly proposed oak aged category.... ;D

BTW - I changed the topic title to include one of the many variations in spelling for that event's name. It is no wonder that you were confused; they have no less than three different spellings on their home page! ;)

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
It Appears They're Trying to Resurrect Meadlennium

I chanced upon the Meadlennium home page again today, and it appears to be updated, saying now that the event will be held at the end of May this year. However, the site also says that only electronically submitted entries will be allowed, yet when you try to click on the entry forms links, they all point to an "entry deadline expired" message from 2009!

Maybe they're on the way back... maybe not. Time will tell.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Thanks Wayne, I had a mead that two years ago they told me it needed a little aging, I wanted to see how it would be now.

Send it to the Mazer Cup International, we'll give you a detailed evaluation, great feedback and if it's in the top three of the category, you'll get a unique and beautiful 2011 Mazer Cup International Mazer! (say that three times fast)

Cheers,

Oskaar

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Send it to the Mazer Cup International, we'll give you a detailed evaluation, great feedback and if it's in the top three of the category, you'll get a unique and beautiful 2011 Mazer Cup International Mazer! (say that three times fast)

Cheers,

Oskaar

Trying to kill Wayne, are we?!

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
That's cool, I thought the actual Mazers just went to the best of show and honourable mention, didn't realize so many were handed out! Obviously I need to read the website more carefully!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns