PDA

View Full Version : So, did anyone get any neat presents this year?

Chevette Girl
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I got four very nice little cards with cutouts of the amazon link for the pH meter, refractometer, scale and coffee grinder I asked for... please wait 4 to 6 weeks delivery :rolleyes: My mom didn't get them ordered before she was there to pick up in the 'States... so I have to wait till she gets back from Florida... Silly mommy.

I'm looking forward to being able to weigh out small amounts and check the pH on things that probably should have fermented farther!

Anyone else get anything nifty?

AToE
01-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I got a blender, a hoody, and some money I spent on a fancy microphone. Good times for xmas!

triarchy
01-10-2011, 06:36 PM
I got a hand corker and a 5 gallon glass carboy. Not as cool and techy as a refractometer, scale, and pH meter. I need all three of those things, so maybe next year.

Medsen Fey
01-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I got two new fine scale hydrometers. This one (http://mountainhomebrew.com/nrwrangehydr1060-1130.aspx) and that one (http://mountainhomebrew.com/nrwrangehydr980-1020.aspx) which should allow me to do spirit indication testing much more accurately. :)

Thanks Santa!

TDMooney
01-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Second 7.9 gallon bucket for primary, and a few 6.5 gallon carboys handed down from my grandpa ;D

Brad Dahlhofer
01-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I got a Kindle. Not mead related, but I'm a nerd and I love to read. This thing is SO awesome. I'll never buy another paper book again.

icedmetal
01-13-2011, 01:24 PM
I got the book, "How to Brew". And the parts to add a spigot to my brew pot, so I can attach my counterflow wort chiller finally. Yay! I like making beers occasionally; mostly because compared to mead, it's instant gratification. Now, to find an extract-based pliny recipe... :confused:

wildoates
01-13-2011, 11:29 PM
I bought myself a new Kitchen-aid mixer. Not mead-related, but I've wanted it for a long time.

Tannin Boy
01-14-2011, 07:51 AM
I bought myself a new Kitchen-aid mixer. Not mead-related, but I've wanted it for a long time.

That was one of the best purchases I made for the kitchen to date!
You will love the convenience and ease when making bread dough and cookies.
Let alone something that will be a good return on investment. ;D

TB

YogiBearMead726
01-14-2011, 11:16 AM
I got the book, "How to Brew". And the parts to add a spigot to my brew pot, so I can attach my counterflow wort chiller finally. Yay! I like making beers occasionally; mostly because compared to mead, it's instant gratification. Now, to find an extract-based pliny recipe... :confused:

A quick Google search came up with this Pliny clone (http://brushvalleybrewer.blogspot.com/2009/01/great-homebrew-recipes-pliny-elder.html) as well as others that used all-grain, but you could just do some light calculations to convert from grain to extract. Also, I'd use less extract if you go with dry over liquid. :)

I also got the weldless fittings to turn my unused cooler into a mash/lauter tun this season. I have to say, it's one of the coolest/cheapest gizmos out there for all-grain brewing. Now I just need a way to dry my homemade malt...you listening, Santa? ;)