PDA

View Full Version : Can I drink it?

Nativepassion
01-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I started a batch of Cranberry Pomegranate wine on Sunday with KV 1116 and it has been running really well the last two days. I have been degassing it with this weird paddle I got at the brew shop. And tonight out of curiosity, I tasted the foam on the paddle after I was done because it smelled really good, and damn if it didn't taste exactly like the head on a cherry Lambic! So now I am wondering if I could scoop out a pint just to enjoy before the fizz goes away, or is it dangerous to drink something this young?

AToE
01-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Not dangerous no, usually gross but if you like it you like it!

Nativepassion
01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
OK I did it! It really does taste like a fruit lambic. It is a little cloudy, and a bit much for a whole pint, but a wine glass full was nice, strange, but nice. :)

kudapucat
01-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Just be careful, it'll be a bit yeasty, and that can upset some peoples' gut. If you or anybody you know has an adverse reaction on the porcelain, then I'd suggest not drinking young wines... Tasting is pretty much always ok though.
If the pint didn't bother you, then like me, you'll be fine!

Brego Brew
01-28-2011, 01:34 PM
I started a batch of Cranberry Pomegranate wine on Sunday with KV 1116 and it has been running really well the last two days. I have been degassing it with this weird paddle I got at the brew shop. And tonight out of curiosity, I tasted the foam on the paddle after I was done because it smelled really good, and damn if it didn't taste exactly like the head on a cherry Lambic! So now I am wondering if I could scoop out a pint just to enjoy before the fizz goes away, or is it dangerous to drink something this young?

Yeah, you can drink it. Though, I Warn You, "It's no Ordinary Bunny!"

http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17211

Jonas