PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Mazer Cup - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES!

wayneb
03-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Alright, you slackers!! You thought you had plenty of time to get your entries posted when we first put up that call over a month ago. Well... you've postponed it long enough!

YOU NOW HAVE LESS THAN 5 DAYS REMAINING TO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

BTW, we are within striking distance of making this year's Mazer Cup the largest ever mead only competition in history (considering both commercial and home entries), but we're not going to get there without your participation. The commercial side has already blown past last year's record setting entry count - now it is up to you all on the home front to get those last few entries in. Get online, get 'em submitted, and ship 'em out TODAY!!! ;D

AToE
03-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Ahah, I just tracked my package and it says it arrived today! Now hopefully none of the bottles broke and/or were "sampled" by customs...

wayneb
03-14-2011, 06:16 PM
We have our first Canadian entry successfully received, from Alberta!

So, where are the rest of you, eh?

epetkus
03-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Speaking of arriving safely, do the senders get notified in any way if any bottles were broken.

Speaking of tracking..., now where is my receipt...? Dang, can't find it...must have thrown away.

Wayne, is there any way to verify/track Record #'s vs actuals received? I assume there is a table/database/spreadsheet somewhere.

My record #'s are 1020,1021, 1022

Eric

Oskaar
03-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi Eric,

I hope you understand that we have so many entries its very difficult to track down entries. When I say "many" I mean right now Wayne is wrangling about 750 bottles of mead. The are not in any given order or outwardly identifiable, so in order to track your mead down, he would have to conduct a search through all the boxes, packages, and other shipping material number and try to match up your numbers to the bottles in that massive gaggle of boxes full of bottles.

If there is breakage, you will be notified. If you don't hear anything you're golden.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar

wildoates
03-14-2011, 11:06 PM
750 bottles. Oh.my. :eek:

AToE
03-15-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm so excited to go now, really glad I made the right decision on all this. Even if I only taste 2% of the meads down there it will be more mead made by people other than myself than I've had in my whole life!

wayneb
03-15-2011, 10:23 AM
750 bottles. Oh.my. :eek:

We can handle it! We've got a "process." ;D

Still Oskaar's correct; I can't track down individual entries, or I'd spend all my time confirming individual entries and not get the meads prepped for the competition. :o

epetkus
03-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Got it & understood. Thanks!

Best of luck to everyone and a HUGE THANKYOU to the organizers, helpers, et. al.!

Eric

TheAlchemist
03-15-2011, 03:51 PM
We have our first Canadian entry successfully received, from Alberta!

So, where are the rest of you, eh?

Yes!
Bring on the Canadian entries!

Beertracker
03-20-2011, 01:55 AM
I managed to get mine in under the wire, as my package arrived in Golden on Friday. However, I could only afford two bottles per +shipping, so I guess I'll just have to take my lumps if there's not enough mead to go around? ??? :cool:

wayneb
03-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen - I am pleased to report that as of the close of last Friday, our Home Competition entry count stood at 290 entries!

This is, as far as we know, the largest entry count of any mead competition held anywhere, at any time, present or past. Also counting the commercial competition entries, we're at more than 500 different mead submissions! The weekend less than two weeks hence will be very busy....

For all of you who have entered, let me thank you all for helping to make the 2011 Mazer Cup International the largest mead competition on the Planet!!

Oh, and for those of you who are local and can spare a few beer case boxes, we can use 'em! PM me and we'll figure out how I can get them from you. I now have nearly 900 bottles of mead to sort. ;)

wildoates
03-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Awesome!

Easy for me to say, eh?!

AToE
03-21-2011, 05:37 PM
It's exciting to be involved even in a small way, right now really is a new renaissance for mead!

mmclean
03-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Thank you Wayne.

I'm just glad I could be a part.

Cheers :occasion14:

wildoates
03-21-2011, 06:39 PM
I sure wish y'all'd move it around from Boulder once in a while--I volunteer Elk Grove. :)

mmclean
03-21-2011, 08:42 PM
East coast is nice this time of year. :rolleyes:

TheAlchemist
03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Maybe I'll volunteer next year...
Anybody know next year's dates?

akueck
03-22-2011, 01:03 AM
900 bottles...I am going to be so drunk. Remind me to drink lots of water, I'd hate to have to spit.

Oh and I'm sending you 12 more bottles, but those are just for fun. I think 4 of them are beer (for variety), so at least that makes it only 8 more bottles of mead.

Chevette Girl
03-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Almost makes me wish I had a passport... almost...

wayneb
03-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Almost makes me wish I had a passport... almost...

Almost?? Then what would it take...? ;D

We have actually been discussing the concept of making the MCI a travelling roadshow. We realize that coming all the way to Colorado every year is difficult and expensive for a lot of folks, and that to promote mead to a wider audience it might be beneficial to move the venue from year to year. However, that's adding yet another layer of non-trivial logistics to the process (By way of a single example, who else has the space and time available to receive, sort, tag and transport 900 bottles of mead?), so we can't promise that another location will be attempted any time soon - but that still is in the long range plans.

wildoates
03-22-2011, 08:15 PM
You might be surprised who'd be willing to help with something like that, Wayne...you ain't the only crazy person around here, you know. :)

JayH
03-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Bring it to LA, I can get you plenty of help. If you are serious our club does a rotating beer event the Pacific Cup every third year, so if you did it one of the other two, there would be a whole group that is used to dealing with 300-400 entries at an event like this.

Oskaar
03-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Bring it to LA, I can get you plenty of help. If you are serious our club does a rotating beer event the Pacific Cup every third year, so if you did it one of the other two, there would be a whole group that is used to dealing with 300-400 entries at an event like this.

Which Club Jay? Strand, LBHB or Pac Gravity? I've judged there a couple of times.

Cheers,

Oskaar

JayH
03-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Pacific Gravity.