PDA

View Full Version : Turning Hollywood onto mead

JayH
03-20-2011, 01:54 AM
Well another interesting evening.

They are filming a new TV series on our block and the food services truck is parked quite literally in out front yard (or at least on the street in front of our house), Iíll weight 800 lbs by the time this is through.

But the reason for this post is what happened after filming today. I had the producer and the lead actor, over for a mead tasting.

They started clearing off the table, so before they could finish, here is a photo of the damages, with my friend Niel in the background.

It included.

Beer:

Heather Ale

Yarrow Ale

Gruit Ale with all local herbs, Yarrow, Juniper, Rosemary and Sage, very interesting, but I doubt if I will do it again.

Sage infused double Belgium

Cider (you can see the ďCheap Cider growler in the backgroundĒ)

Meads:

Semi Sweat Show Mead
Dry Show Mead
Dry, Semi Sweat and Sweat JAO
Lime
Lemon
Petite Sirah based Pyment
Blackberry
Pomegranate
Semi Sweat Chocolate mead
Ginger Mead
Sage Mead
Hatch Chili and Chocolate Mead

Iím working on having a wrap party at our house, the hook is I will provide all the beer and mead. If Iím lucky Iíll turn a whole small subset of Hollywod onto mead.

Cheers
Jay

Chevette Girl
03-20-2011, 02:50 AM
I don't see the photo but by the list, holy crap, you weren't kidding about cleaning off the table!

;D Closest I've come to an honest to goodness star has been helping to make armour for one...

JayH
03-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Sorry don't know what happened last time, but here it is again

chiguire
03-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Nice! That sounds like quite a tasting

wildoates
03-20-2011, 12:35 PM
When you start hobnobbing with all the A-listers, remember us, okay?!:cool:

wayneb
03-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Heckova party! Nicely done!!

akueck
03-22-2011, 12:55 AM
That sounds like a great time, and much better than what I thought the title was originally: Turning Hollywood INTO Mead. That just didn't seem likely. :p

Tiwas
03-22-2011, 01:49 AM
That sounds like a great time, and much better than what I thought the title was originally: Turning Hollywood INTO Mead. That just didn't seem likely. :p

And something tells me it'd taste really bad. Almost like a...hollywood movie, or something :p