PDA

View Full Version : If it's worth doing...

Tiwas
03-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Ok, I can be a little OCD about things. Especially when it comes to doing things half-assed. Like making a small batch to test it. The problem, according to my brain (or, as I like to look at it, the little elves and ferries living in my head telling me what to do) making a small batch is just stupid. For one - what if it's really good?? Make another one and wait for at least 12 months before drinking? Yeah, right...

Sooo...My plan was to make a test batch to compare to my main batch. Then whatever's in my head told me to get another fermenting bucket. Nice to have. Then I called my beekeeper to check up on stock (it's 1.5 hours each way), but he told me he could deliver on Sunday as he was driving past anyway. Cool! So - did I order enough to make a small batch? Nah. Ended up buying 8kg heather honey for my comparison (got 2kg in the fridge) and 10kg of "summer honey" (which is a lighter blend) to compare tastes between honeys.

At least I'll be done before it gets too hot (our three weeks of summer), but by that time I'll have 70l liters! :eek:

wayneb
03-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Welcome to the addiction, man! ;)

You'll really know that you're hooked on the process when you find that you've actually given away so much mead, that even at that relatively large rate of production, you can't keep your own cellar stocked! ;D

mccann51
03-25-2011, 11:03 AM
In defense of small test batches:

Firstly, it sounds like you're making traditional meads, which I agree, you should just make a large batch, because chances are that it's gonna be enjoyable on some level. BUT, if you're making something kind of atypical or that you haven't found much advice on because not too many people have done it, then it's definitely worth staying on the conservative side of things. I've made a few brews that I ended up really not liking at all, so I was also reluctant to pawn them off on people. I'm glad it was only a gallon, because I sure as hell am not dumping them, but it was tough drinking them at times.

Tiwas
03-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Welcome to the addiction, man! ;)

You'll really know that you're hooked on the process when you find that you've actually given away so much mead, that even at that relatively large rate of production, you can't keep your own cellar stocked! ;D

I can easily see that happening. I'm not a big drinker myself, but some times I find stuff I like, and...;) If not, my whole family love wines...

In defense of small test batches:

Firstly, it sounds like you're making traditional meads, which I agree, you should just make a large batch, because chances are that it's gonna be enjoyable on some level. BUT, if you're making something kind of atypical or that you haven't found much advice on because not too many people have done it, then it's definitely worth staying on the conservative side of things. I've made a few brews that I ended up really not liking at all, so I was also reluctant to pawn them off on people. I'm glad it was only a gallon, because I sure as hell am not dumping them, but it was tough drinking them at times.

Well, one of the batches will still be split up, but I get more and larger samples. I will use it to taste the change as the mead develops, and I will also make dry/semi-dry (maybe sweet) versions of my first batch. They will be split into oak, vanilla, vanilla+oak, tannin, tannin+oak, tannin+vanilla, tannin+vanilla+oak.

I'm not really afraid of having to dump any. I have a 17 year old nephew, and if he's anything like me, he's like a walking (some times) alcohol recycling plant :D

AToE
03-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Ha, good point, giving it to kids (legal kids, so in my area 18) is a great way to get rid of unwanted mead!

Tiwas
03-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Ha, good point, giving it to kids (legal kids, so in my area 18) is a great way to get rid of unwanted mead!

Legal age for beer and wine is 18 here, too (legal age for starting a family is 16...go figure :confused: ), but I believe all kids should know how to drink and how to hold it before they go out drinking somewhere you cannot monitor them. Besides, getting some drinks at home takes some of the fun and excitement of getting drunk out of their head in some abandoned factory building...

AToE
03-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm all for kids learning to drink responsibly from a younger age, I think here you can give your own kids alcohol at any age a long as you're at home, but I don't have any kids.

You have a legal age for starting a family? Good idea maybe, but what happens to younger kids that get pregnant??

wayneb
03-25-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm all for kids learning to drink responsibly from a younger age, I think here you can give your own kids alcohol at any age a long as you're at home, but I don't have any kids.

The laws down here are much murkier. Although some states (notably those with historically high European immigrant populations) have some on the books that allow serving of alcohol to children in a home setting, (generally with a disclaimer like in keeping with religious or family tradition), that isn't universally true. Additionally, if you allow a legally intoxicated minor to leave the family setting and to wander out in public where they are then apprehended, in most places you are then liable for child abuse - with very nasty consequences.

Tiwas
03-25-2011, 03:32 PM

You have a legal age for starting a family? Good idea maybe, but what happens to younger kids that get pregnant??

Well, actually you can legally have sex when you turn 16. If you fall asleep drunk and a 15 year old girl "has her way" with you, then you're a rapist. Not that I believe that would ever happen. Basically, when you're 16 you can have sex with anyone you feel like as long as they, too, are over 16. That doesn't apply to animals, as there's this ancient law still in effect saying you can actually have sex with them as long as it doesn't cause them pain :eek:

Strange thing is that it's not considered equally bad for an older woman to have sex with an under-age boy, as it is for an older man to have sex with an under-age girl. Also, if an older woman gets pregnant with a younger boy, he still has to pay child support. Damn, come to think of it, I'm happy I'm not 17 any more. By that time your hormones are racing around your system, and 15 year old girls look good. BAD combination :p I believe the legal age on Iceland is 12, but I could be wrong...

The laws down here are much murkier. Although some states (notably those with historically high European immigrant populations) have some on the books that allow serving of alcohol to children in a home setting, (generally with a disclaimer like in keeping with religious or family tradition), that isn't universally true. Additionally, if you allow a legally intoxicated minor to leave the family setting and to wander out in public where they are then apprehended, in most places you are then liable for child abuse - with very nasty consequences.

I'm from the north of Norway, and we have long "traditions" in drinking. Don't know any of my childhood friends who hadn't experienced a buzz before starting school (though I don't think any of them had parents irresponsible enough to let them get drunk), and the "sheriff" from my home town used to buy moonshine, just like everyone else. If they didn't blow up their houses in the process, or did something equally stupid to get them busted, nobody cared. Unless they made really bad moonshine and someone got sick.

I still pity the people I hung with when I moved south (still north of most of Canada, mind you :p ) - they'd never tried alcohol until they managed to get hold of some on a party and ended up doing stupid things. To this day, I still "just want to go home and sleep" if I tip over from having a good buzz to getting drunk. I want the same for my nephew :)

wayneb
03-25-2011, 03:49 PM
I still pity the people I hung with when I moved south (still north of most of Canada, mind you :p ) - they'd never tried alcohol until they managed to get hold of some on a party and ended up doing stupid things. To this day, I still "just want to go home and sleep" if I tip over from having a good buzz to getting drunk. I want the same for my nephew :)

My experience is similar. I can't remember the exact age, but I was about 10 when I could start having beer at family dinner parties, 14 when I could also have wine. (There's something uniquely Polish-American in that dichotomy, I assure you!) By the time that my "purely American" peers were getting totally wasted in college, I'd already learned that anything more than a light buzz was very uncomfortable the next day, and usually not worth it. ;)

Back when I was an undergrad in college, the legal drinking age was 18; these days (with all that "enlightened" concern we display for our youth) it is 21. Never have I seen more college binge drinking behavior than I do now. Something is definitely wrong with this picture.

AToE
03-25-2011, 03:59 PM
It should be noted too that when I say serve a kid alcohol I don't mean allow them to become drunk!

Tiwas - I don't think there is a legal age to have sex here (could be wrong though) but there is obviously a legal age of consent for a teen to have sex with an adult (which is 16, they raised it from 14 a while back. I believe it would be illegal if the other person was over 18, but I could be wrong about that, it could be any age over 16... but as far as I know a 17 year old can have sex with anyone that's not more than 2 years younger than them... man this gets complicated!).

AToE
03-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Back when I was an undergrad in college, the legal drinking age was 18; these days (with all that "enlightened" concern we display for our youth) it is 21. Never have I seen more college binge drinking behavior than I do now. Something is definitely wrong with this picture.

Anything older than the legal age to join the military is just plain insane in my opinion (even our Canadian provinces that have a legal drinking age of 19 is no good in my opinion). The idea that someone is old enough to kill and/or be killed but not to have a beer shows some serious lack of proper priorities in my opinion!

Tiwas
03-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Anything older than the legal age to join the military is just plain insane in my opinion (even our Canadian provinces that have a legal drinking age of 19 is no good in my opinion). The idea that someone is old enough to kill and/or be killed but not to have a beer shows some serious lack of proper priorities in my opinion!

haha..."Sure, son! Why don't you go out and practice killing people, ok? BUT - DON'T - DRINK" :p

Tiwas
03-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Tiwas - I don't think there is a legal age to have sex here (could be wrong though) but there is obviously a legal age of consent for a teen to have sex with an adult (which is 16, they raised it from 14 a while back. I believe it would be illegal if the other person was over 18, but I could be wrong about that, it could be any age over 16... but as far as I know a 17 year old can have sex with anyone that's not more than 2 years younger than them... man this gets complicated!).

Might not be the intention, but it is how it's used. I haven't seen anyone trying to use it when both kids are minors, though...I just know that if I had a daughter...;)

AToE
03-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Might not be the intention, but it is how it's used. I haven't seen anyone trying to use it when both kids are minors, though...I just know that if I had a daughter...;)

Ha, yeah I have no problem with keeping adults away from teens! (Regardless of whether the younger party is male or female, though obviously we're all more protective of girls, huge double standard). It would seem a bit nuts for me if they started prosecuting people in the same age range(give or take a couple years) for sleeping with eachother.

wayneb
03-25-2011, 05:31 PM

This is exactly the argument we used to convince the political powers in place at the time to lower it from 21 to 18... but that was back when lots of guys were coming back from Vietnam... and the politicians suddenly realized, veterans vote. ;)

I guess since then, lots of them grew older - and much more conservative.

Tiwas
03-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Ha, yeah I have no problem with keeping adults away from teens! (Regardless of whether the younger party is male or female, though obviously we're all more protective of girls, huge double standard). It would seem a bit nuts for me if they started prosecuting people in the same age range(give or take a couple years) for sleeping with eachother.

It's not double standards at all. It's basic human behavior. We don't want to expand the pack without some sort of control, hence there is a bigger problem if one of our females get impregnated than if one of our males stray to another pack as long as they're stuck with the offspring.

If I had a son, I'd be much more concerned with him being beaten senseless by a girl's father. If I had a girl - let's just say I'd charge my stun gun and wipe off my baton ;)

I still remember Al Bundy when he meats one of his daughter's boyfriends. He walks up to the door polishing his baseball bat, stops, stares at the guy and says something like "You guys go out and have fun. Just remember...What you do to her, I do to you" while he clenches his hands tightly around the bat. I still giggle when I see it, because that's the kind of father I'd be if I suspected someone trying to "soil" my daughter :D

AToE
03-25-2011, 05:47 PM
I think it has more to do with simple protection instinct frankly, rather than population control. We (males) have it bred into us to fight both for and over females. When it comes to daughters you get both those instincts kicking in, on top of parental protection instincts - pretty dangerous combination.

The scariest person I've ever met is my mom when someone threatened my little brother! (and I know scary, SCARY people) Parents are NOT to be messed with!!

Chevette Girl
03-26-2011, 02:26 AM
but there is obviously a legal age of consent for a teen to have sex with an adult (which is 16, they raised it from 14 a while back).

From the age of 14, sex is legal so long as there is less than 5 years between the partners. Found an article... (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2008/05/01/crime-bill.html) Huh, I hope they can't go after people legally after the fact! A friend of mine was 14 when she met her 21 year old boyfriend (now husband) and all the cops could do was drag her home to her mother until she turned 16 (which is when she moved in with him)...

Crossing parents is always risky... although I do know of a number of parents raising their kids to double standards... boys may never hit girls because if they do they can go to jail... but if girls hit boys, boys should suck it up. Somehow seems like a giant leap backwards for equal rights...

AToE
03-26-2011, 03:06 AM
From the age of 14, sex is legal so long as there is less than 5 years between the partners. Found an article... (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2008/05/01/crime-bill.html) Huh, I hope they can't go after people legally after the fact! A friend of mine was 14 when she met her 21 year old boyfriend (now husband) and all the cops could do was drag her home to her mother until she turned 16 (which is when she moved in with him)...

Crossing parents is always risky... although I do know of a number of parents raising their kids to double standards... boys may never hit girls because if they do they can go to jail... but if girls hit boys, boys should suck it up. Somehow seems like a giant leap backwards for equal rights...

This was changed 8 or 10 years ago I think, though I'm not totally sure. I know that until recently 14 was the legal age of consent (lines up with your statement) and then it was raised to 16 - but something seems weird about what I'd read vs you'd read. I thought it was a 2 year gap if both are under 18, and if one is over 18 then the other cannot be less than 16 (2 years if the older is 19) but your way would have 14 and 19 year olds be ok.

This is a seriously murky topic too, I've asked cops (when I was 18 I dated a 15 year old for a bit, and when I was 20 was dating a 17 year old... and continued to date her until a couple weeks ago!) and gotten different answers from each one.

Chevette Girl
03-26-2011, 03:12 AM
Yeah, well... Police are like border agents, they don't always know all the laws themselves, sometimes they change and the updates aren't communicated... and I suppose it's possible that there might be provincial amendments like there are to legal drinking age? (19 in Ontario, 18 in Quebec)

AToE
03-26-2011, 03:17 AM
I thought it was federal, but who freaking knows... I'll just not sleep with anyone under 18 ever and call it a day!

Chevette Girl
03-26-2011, 03:26 AM

I'm not even sure what the laws are here about underage drinking, most of my own underage drinking was done under parental supervision, even the incident that led to busted ribs at 16 (fell down stairs after family wedding, and I don't remember the fall, perhaps that should have been more closely supervised)... but I know in many parts of Europe, once you're old enough to ask for it, you're old enough to drink it... but there, there's FAR more of a social stigma to public drunkenness than there is here. I think it's a healthier attitude, encourages folks to figure out how not to overdo it, rather than getting smashed out of spite because you aren't supposed to.

wildoates
03-26-2011, 11:04 AM
An easy solution to all of it is to keep the little man safely tucked into the boxers at all times. Works every time.

As I've said before, I don't drink, and it's a strange combination that I am that doesn't like the buzz, doesn't particularly like the taste of alcohol, yet has long been fascinated with the science and the art of brewing. If my kids that drink told me tomorrow that they decided to stop (especially with all the alcoholism in the fam), the only thing that would bother me would be who's gonna drink the stuff I make?! :)

Of course, with one kid in Norway and one in HK, they don't really get much of mom's brew anyway--although they will be here this summer for HK son's wedding, and the Norge son will at least be heading home with as many bottles as he can safely stash in his luggage.

Chevette Girl
03-27-2011, 02:24 AM
An easy solution to all of it is to keep the little man safely tucked into the boxers at all times. Works every time.

LOL, nobody ever thinks of that one... not until it's too late, anyway...

AToE
03-27-2011, 04:05 AM
That solution is no fun. :(

wildoates
03-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Mebbe not, but it is a foolproof solution. :) I'm pretty old fashioned about some things.:cool:

moonie
03-28-2011, 02:16 PM
I have 3 sons, and have tried to explain to them the consequences for their actions, teaching young men responsibility can be difficult, however oldest is getting ready to start BLET training to become a police officer, middle son is a Marine and youngest son is planning on going into the Marines very soon so I think I've done well with the lesson.

I also have 5 daughters and I'm VERY well armed... ;)

AToE
03-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Yikes that's a swarm of kids! You and your mate quadrupled yourselves!

I'm just going to get a vasectomy. Makes life easier for me, and I can always adopt if I want kids (no shortage of kids needing a home).

I've thought again and again about maybe going into the marines, but weirdly enough my main concern is that I'm trying to build a carreer right now, and taking however many years off to join the forces isn't a sacrifice I think I can make.

I am going to try and pass the firefighters exam when I'm 30 though, not really the same but it'll force me into similar shape physically. Plus, everyone loves firefighters, nobody ever has a problem with them! ;)

AToE
03-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Hmmm, I feel a bit dumb now but I just realized we don't have marines... I'd always assumed we had a similar branch in our forces and every time I've looked into joining I'd actually only looked at regular infantry. Oh well, I've never fully understood the difference anyways other than that the marines have something to do with the ocean without being navy... and that they are considered more badass for reasons unknown to me, maybe elite training?

Fighter pilot would be pretty amazing, but I imagine there's a loooong line of people waiting for that job!

Tiwas
03-28-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm just going to get a vasectomy. Makes life easier for me, and I can always adopt if I want kids (no shortage of kids needing a home).

Don't even say that. I used to think like that - until I got the message I probably cannot have kids...

TheAlchemist
03-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Don't even say that...

I'm with you...for some decisions (such as this) two heads are better than one...best to know what your beloved thinks before leaping on this one.

AToE
03-28-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm pretty set on it frankly, it's not something I consider lightly, I've thought hard about it for the past 5 years. I don't hold anything against those who want to have kids, but over-population concerns me greatly, and adoption solves both that concern and any desire for a kid.

I do have pretty decent genetics though so I've also considered donating to a sperm bank just to help out the gene pool. (Wow, that really comes off as egotistical! ;) )

EDIT: oh, and my girlfriend supported the idea, but she's leaving me now so I have no loved one to consult with anymore!

Tiwas
03-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Things change. I was set on not having kids until I was like 32 or 33. Then things changed to "oh, ok...if it happens by itself". Now, I would really sacrifice a lot to have one, but my hypothalamus has gotten a big blow and my girlfriends tube are blocked...Just take your time, and wear a condom until then. One day you might regret your decision ;)

AToE
03-28-2011, 03:41 PM
I know I may regret it, but like I said, there's always adoption. And for us as a species to get our population under control someone is going to have to make sacrifices with reproduction. I'd be a hypocrite if I talked the talk but didn't walk the walk.

I'm not going to do it right away anyways.

TheAlchemist
03-28-2011, 03:46 PM
I have a friend, a pediatric psychiatrist, who was quite certain at age 23 that he wouldn't ever want kids. Now, some 20yr later he's the happy uncle of genetically related kids, and is ever so grateful that he didn't render himself infertile, although he doesn't have a willing co-parent yet.

Food for thought.

Chevette Girl
03-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Don't even say that. I used to think like that - until I got the message I probably cannot have kids...

I have no regrets about my choice, I almost made a very stupid decision (think Russian Roulette) when blinded by puppy love at 20, so at 23 made certain it would never come to that again, now it would have to be a conscious decision requiring a financial investment and a reversal (or an act of god, I'd take that too). Tick, tock and I'm still waiting for that urge to kick up as I watch a lot of my friends with the joys and pains of parenthood, my biological clock at 35 should have been saying something by now if it was going to. And I don't think I like babies or even kids enough to adopt, I'd need the "it's YOURS" hormone rush, and honestly raising kids in this day and age scares the crap out of me... So I'm happily living vicariously through my nephews. Works for me.

Oh, and my husband? Initially he thought it would be a shame to let some really good genes go to waste and he's kind of right (so AToE, I honestly don't think you're being egotistical, some of us really ought not to pass on our problems anyway, gene pool needs chlorine!), but now that he's seen through my brother and our friends how much work kids are, interest dropped right off and that was the end of that.

I am of the firm belief that if you want kids, have them and do whatever you must, but if you don't, or you can't support them, DON'T, and take any measures necessary. There are enough of us on the planet already, and I have seen firsthand the lifelong impact on a child from parents who have no idea what to do with a child they didn't really want in the first place. Children should be loved and wanted, not just tolerated like an unwanted pet that you keep because you feel responsible for it.

Tiwas
03-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Of course someone shouldn't have kids if they don't want them - but people change, and so do opinions. I can see the upside to both sides, and I'm fairly certain I will never, ever adopt someone else's kid. It has to be "a piece of me". If that doesn't happen, I'll spend the money it would cost to raise a child to buy a vacation home in the Bahamas :)

But I really would like to have someone who'd piss me off royally, only to realize I'm looking into my own innocent eyes - and then not tell them off anyway ;)

AToE
03-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Ha, glad someone's backing me up on this!

I'm fully aware my mind could change, but if I want one that bad I can attempt a reversal, or they can suck some sperm outta me with a needle or whatever it is they do.

I don't put much stock in blood-relation, I have blood relatives that I care deeply about, but I have ones I don't, and I have non-blood friends/family that I care about as deeply or more than most of my blood relations. So for me, a child being biologically mine would certainly be neat, but a child to mold is a child to mold, genetics don't make parents, parents make parents.

It's as much a choice I'm making to make sure I cannot possibly have an accidental child, as it is an ethical one. I'm bowing out of reproduction for the sake of the species, but that doesn't mean I can't participate in raising the next generation. I have many blood-nieces and nephews to come that I will help raise, and many non-blood nieces and nephews already in existance and being influenced by me. I'll have to settle for that.

TheAlchemist
03-28-2011, 04:51 PM
I am finding it a bit amusing that a thread titled "If it's worth doing..." has evolved in to this discussion...

AToE
03-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Yeah, it's definitely amusing!

Also, if I decide to adopt then I'm doing a double-positive, not bringing anyone new to the planet, and also relocating someone from an area that can't currently support it's population to one that currently can (I'd probably adopt from the third world).

Chevette Girl
03-28-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm fully aware my mind could change, but if I want one that bad I can attempt a reversal, or they can suck some sperm outta me with a needle or whatever it is they do.

Precisely, few things are really, truly permanent if you're determined.

genetics don't make parents, parents make parents.

I may have to quote that someday :)

And Alchemist, I am also amused :)

wildoates
03-28-2011, 07:27 PM
I birthed 3 and adopted 1, and would have had more if I could have afforded it...western countries aren't overpopulated, third world countries are, and if anyone should be making babies it's the responsible ones who can afford them and raise them right, because those are the ones who are more likely to change the world for good! Of course, we also tend to be the ones who limit our fertility out of economics--and altruism, which can be carried too far.

One thing about Norway, Tiwas, I saw babies everywhere, which is good. Norway paying families to make Babies is one reason why Norway isn't in the dire situation that many western countries are in in regards to necessary population replacement, although don't get used to it, as it won't be able to go on forever. :)

AToE
03-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Well, we're not over-populated, but per person we consume many multiples of what most people in the world do, and certainly more than a person needs to - so we can certainly produce great kids that change the world for the better, but we're realistically more likely to produce over-consumers.

Plus, adopting is the perfect solution, take people from the poor place, bring them to the rich place, raise them right to be a positive contribution to the world. Best-case scenario in my opinion, you get the great person who'll help fix the world, but at zero-population increase to the planet, and remove a person from a bad situation (and by doing so possibly lessen slightly the bad situation in that place). It's like a giant goody bag of everything going right! ;D

Plus if I don't have kids then that's more room for immigrants who will bring all the good food! ;)

AToE
03-28-2011, 08:09 PM
I should restate that I have no issue with people having children, it's a person's right to reproduce. If everyone did like me we'd be extinct!

JayH
03-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Alan,

I made the same decision, (not to have children, not the vasectomy part). However just in case you may want to look into having some sperm frozen and saved (I don't believe that it is that expensive). If you never change your mind you're not out much, however if you do, you might consider it the best money you ever spent.

Tiwas
03-29-2011, 02:09 AM
I am finding it a bit amusing that a thread titled "If it's worth doing..." has evolved in to this discussion...

For some reason, all my threads have a tendency to spin out of control. This one is better, though, as it's still something that has to do with "if it's worth doing" :p

I don't think I'm very good at protecting my threads. I might even agitate it "a little", but it's like an itch. It HAS to be scratched! :D

AToE
03-29-2011, 02:34 AM
Alan,

I made the same decision, (not to have children, not the vasectomy part). However just in case you may want to look into having some sperm frozen and saved (I don't believe that it is that expensive). If you never change your mind you're not out much, however if you do, you might consider it the best money you ever spent.

Hmm, I thought that was more something they did with eggs because eventually women stop ovulating, don't men just keeping going and going in regards to sperm? I'd think they'd be able to jab a needle in and get some no problem...

... now that I write that out I can see why your idea might be better.

Tiwas
03-29-2011, 03:42 AM
Hmm, I thought that was more something they did with eggs because eventually women stop ovulating, don't men just keeping going and going in regards to sperm? I'd think they'd be able to jab a needle in and get some no problem...

As far as I know, eggs have an expiration date when frozen. Sperm doesn't.

Tiwas
03-29-2011, 03:43 AM
One thing about Norway, Tiwas, I saw babies everywhere, which is good. Norway paying families to make Babies is one reason why Norway isn't in the dire situation that many western countries are in in regards to necessary population replacement, although don't get used to it, as it won't be able to go on forever. :)

We do already.:S

JayH
03-30-2011, 12:37 AM
A friend had Leukemia and he had his sperm harvested and frozen before he underwent the chemo. 6 years later and he's the proud dad of bouncing little boy.