PDA

View Full Version : Score sheets and Mazers have hit the mail!

Oskaar
04-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Just a quick update to let you know that our hard-working and dedicated Mazer Cup International staff sent out your score sheets and mazers yesterday. Keep an eye peeled for your results, you should be seeing them late this week or next week early hopefully.

Outside the USA will take a bit longer.

Cheers and congratulations to all you winners, and to all of you who entered. All of you are what makes the Mazer Cup International the great competition that it is, and we appreciate and thank you for participating. We're working on some new ideas for next year that should be really great for all who enter.

Cheers,

Petar "Oskaar" Bakulić
Director of Operations
Mazer Cup International

wildoates
04-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Just a quick update to let you know that our hard-working and dedicated Mazer Cup International staff sent out your score sheets and mazers yesterday. Keep an eye peeled for your results, you should be seeing them late this week or next week early hopefully.

Outside the USA will take a bit longer.

Cheers and congratulations to all you winners, and to all of you who entered. All of you are what makes the Mazer Cup International the great competition that it is, and we appreciate and thank you for participating. We're working on some new ideas for next year that should be really great for all who enter.

Cheers,

Petar "Oskaar" Bakulić
Director of Operations
Mazer Cup International

Thanks to you and all the MCI staff for putting in so much work...even we who weren't there and didn't enter have enjoyed hearing all about it.

At least I have, anyway. 8)

epetkus
04-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Got my score sheets, yeah!!

And, Vicky scored my Ginger Lemon-Lime mead and Wayne my OB mead! Thanks for the notes, scores and all the hard work by everyone!!!

I presume the winners were in the high 40's to 50, but nonetheless, I feel good about my first Mazer Cup entries, especially since they were not quite two years old.

Ginger Lemon Lime Scored; 46 and 43 (Vicky, since you asked, the Brewlog is here (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14233))
OB Traditional scored; 42 and 42
The Vanilla Metheglin (youngest of the three) score; 35 and 39.

Thanks again to the judges, helpers, organizers and participants!

Eric

AToE
04-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Those are all really good scores! From a couple of the judges I talked with it seemed like most good meads score between 30-39 points, they don't just hand out scores over 40, that means the mead was seriously very good. ;D

akueck
04-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Yes, anything over 40 would be in the range of "excellent" to "change your pants afterward". Even the "low" score of 35 is very good.

I think I remember hearing about the ginger/citrus one from a few tables away. :)

Oskaar
04-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Please see here (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=17923)for scoresheet posting etiquette.

Thanks for your help,

Oskaar

Chevette Girl
04-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Yes, anything over 40 would be in the range of "excellent" to "change your pants afterward".

That. THAT is what I strive for in a mead. :)