PDA

View Full Version : What do you like to listen to?

veritas
05-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Whats your preference for music (if you have one) while enjoying your mead?

PitBull
05-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Whats your preference for music (if you have one) while enjoying your mead?
Classic rock rocks! What else would you expect from an engineer?

I used to have hair almost down to my shoulders. Today, I'm grateful that I stil have a full (prettty much so)
head of hair, though quite a bit shorter.

Guinlilly
05-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Doom, death, black, power, goth, viking, power metal...sense a theme? ;D Also classic rock and I did indeed grow up in the country so I love me some old time country music.

Mars Colonist
05-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Classic rock rocks! What else would you expect from an engineer?

I used to have hair almost down to my shoulders. Today, I'm grateful that I stil have a full (prettty much so)
head of hair, though quite a bit shorter.

I am currently a hair-farming engineer. I haven't noticed too many others of us out in the wild...

For me, mostly rock and metal. MOre specifically, noise rock, heavy rock/doom, desert/fuzz/groove rock, punk rock, metal, prog rock, math rock, classic rock. Some indie.

Unique vocal styles or none at all. Not too keen on the screamo vocal style. Ill take talented musicians just straight instrumental if the guy is just screaming... That's what kills it for me for most hardcore, death and black metal. Just cant get into the vocals.

Chevette Girl
05-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper (seeing him in concert Monday!!!), Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Triumph, Golden Earring, Pink Floyd, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Jethro Tull, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Led Zep... anything that's good heavy metal or classic rock has my attention... anyone else like Dee Snyder's House of Hair radio show?

fatbloke
05-14-2011, 03:42 AM
Well I'll say most of the above, plus a few bits that might not be so familiar to you lot on the "wrong" side of the pond ;-D

Like The Smiths/Morrissey, Madness, Carter USM, The Jam, not forgetting the Sex Pistols.

And also some of the more contemporary stuff like Greenday or Linkin Park, etc.....

But I notice a common thread, of metal.....

So does that mean that we all start out a bit "Beavis and Butthead"? Then learn about computers and ending up as "Meadfreaks" ?????

veritas
05-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Interesting to see the metal affinity. I fancy myself a metal fan. Lately listening to the broken result, vegas in ruins, and henker.

But I listen to most all music. lately other than the metal its been elmore james, the black keys, Kanye wests newest album, Mumford and sons, Adele, dead kennedys, And some different sound tracks done by Clint Mansell.

Truth be told I listen to absolutely everything except not much modern pop country music.

Guinlilly
05-14-2011, 11:08 AM
... anyone else like Dee Snyder's House of Hair radio show?

I love that show! But none of our stations play it here, we do get Alice Cooper's radio show which is pretty awesome.

My favorite bands of the moment are Swallow the Sun, Arkona, Wardruna, B'elakor, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, and Isole. My favorite bands of all time tend to the classic rock though - Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rainbow, Van Halen with Roth. <3

Riverat
05-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Living in the forrest I really like the breeze in the trees, the insects and the birds, but music wise classisc rock, jaz, bluegrass and classical

veritas
05-14-2011, 06:23 PM
I love that show! But none of our stations play it here, we do get Alice Cooper's radio show which is pretty awesome.

My favorite bands of the moment are Swallow the Sun, Arkona, Wardruna, B'elakor, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, and Isole. My favorite bands of all time tend to the classic rock though - Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rainbow, Van Halen with Roth. <3

I like Amon Amarth pretty good stuff.

Loadnabox
05-14-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't have particular mead drinking music.

My tastes vary a lot depending on my mood.

Calm/nostaligic I go country (George Strait, Johhny Cash)

Angry/heated I go classical for the calming affect (Dvorjak, Shostakovic)

Pumping myself for something stupid like bungee jumping or seeing how much air time I can get in a suzuki samurai... gotta be metal (Shinedown, Metallica, Ozzy....)

I went to school with a girl that's now an events coordinator for Alice Cooper, kinda cool, she was involved in the "One Red Paperclip" deal, she was involved at the "free rent" stage of the deal.

AToE
05-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Metal and hardcore (wide variety of each, not going to get into the 8 million subgenres!) are my mainsteads, but I also listen to a lot of different world music and some experimental stuff. Also rock sometimes (mostly classic, plus prog classic stuff like Rush).

Phillip_Montana
05-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Well I listen to my fair share of Metal but when it comes to Mead I love to listen to Type O Negative. Heck, I even created a recipe ( which is now my favorite ) in tribute to them after the lead singer/bassist died in 2010. Well that's my .02 :)

Chevette Girl
05-15-2011, 04:34 PM
I went to school with a girl that's now an events coordinator for Alice Cooper, kinda cool, she was involved in the "One Red Paperclip" deal, she was involved at the "free rent" stage of the deal.

My uncle went to school with someone who worked with Alice Cooper's entourage, he's given me a couple of awesome glossy photos from the 60's/70's, including one where they're all dressed up in sailor suits!
... one sleep till concert and I'm starting to vibrate!!! :eek:

Chevette Girl
05-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Well I listen to my fair share of Metal but when it comes to Mead I love to listen to Type O Negative. Heck, I even created a recipe ( which is now my favorite ) in tribute to them after the lead singer/bassist died in 2010. Well that's my .02 :)

Welcome aboard! Always amusing to see what topics catch first-time posters!! I'd be interested in seeing your recipe if you'd care to share, it sounds interesting!

RightHookCook
05-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Im all about metal to, all time favs like zeplin,the doors,thin lizzy and modern favs like cancer bats,36 crazy fists, killswitch engaged and atm a band called alestorm, pirate metal (im a pirate obsessed freak! lol) they also do a song called wenches and mead! check it out. :)

Guinlilly
05-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Im all about metal to, all time favs like zeplin,the doors,thin lizzy and modern favs like cancer bats,36 crazy fists, killswitch engaged and atm a band called alestorm, pirate metal (im a pirate obsessed freak! lol) they also do a song called wenches and mead! check it out. :)

Speaking of Pirate Metal - Ever listen to Swashbuckle? They are freaking HILARIOUS live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53A4GyB96RI

RightHookCook
05-15-2011, 06:59 PM
yeah there another classic band! haha 8)

AToE
05-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Just don't ever accidentally call Folk Metal by the name Pirate Metal - they may sound very similar to the unfamiliar, but as I found out by accident, Folk Metal players don't like their music being called Pirate Metal! :eek:

Chevette Girl
05-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey, I remember Alestorm, my friend played me that song... they're hilarious.

Ooh, how about Abney Park? I have three of their albums, I kept trying to cultivate their song "Building Steam" to be what plays in my head while I'm sparring, but I keep reverting back to Uriah Heep's "Lady in Black" for some reason...

I also must admit to having a weakness for Nickelback and Three Days Grace, but not much else from newer bands that I can think of...

veritas
05-15-2011, 08:40 PM
With all this metal talk i have to throw a link to a song that I think is pretty great. It has huge build ups and chuggy base good break downs. Blast beats. Such a big song in its entirety I think it offers a lot of different things in one package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_wC610NL2M

I got a kick out of those pirate metal bands!

TheAlchemist
05-15-2011, 09:37 PM
OK, so I'm a classical music fan...

http://www.youtube.com/user/sakura4250#p/a/u/0/C_CDLBTJD4M

veritas
05-15-2011, 09:58 PM
OK, so I'm a classical music fan...

http://www.youtube.com/user/sakura4250#p/a/u/0/C_CDLBTJD4M

Thats awesome!

Dan McFeeley
05-16-2011, 12:07 AM
When I was younger I liked, and still like, classical music and classic rock (although when I was listening to it, it wasn't 'classic rock' -- it was what was playing ;D ). I discovered Irish traditional music when I was in college and got bitten hard by the IR-Trad bug, have been listening mostly to IR-Trad since. I also enjoy the ballad tradition, The Dubliners are a favorite.

--

AToE
05-16-2011, 01:06 AM
I love a lot of celtic stuff, my favourite (not really celtic, more "world music" with a celtic flare, lots of middle eastern, african and indian stuff in there) is probably Loreena McKinnett (might have spelt that wrong).

veritas
05-16-2011, 07:24 AM
I love a lot of celtic stuff, my favourite (not really celtic, more "world music" with a celtic flare, lots of middle eastern, african and indian stuff in there) is probably Loreena McKinnett (might have spelt that wrong).

Also a huge fan. This is what I like to listen to on the tread mill while reading fantasy books.

TheAlchemist
05-16-2011, 08:18 AM
If I'm painting the house, it's Beatles. Hands down.

PitBull
05-16-2011, 03:51 PM
One of my all time favorites is "Emerson, Lake and Palmer" (especially everything up to the "Works" albums).

And its hard to beat sitting down with a gobet of mead while listening to "Renaissance". Their "Tales of 1001 Nights" Volumes 1 & 2 are truely great compulation albums. This was definately not the music of the masses.

TheAlchemist
05-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I like Laurie Anderson's blend of poetical musical art from the '80's and Laura Barrett's Laurie Andersonesque funky Robot Ponies lyrics and African thumb piano...

But most of the time it's the Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos setting the monastic mood around here.

Oh! Plus I love Sir Peter Maxwell Davies Orkney Wedding with Sunrise! Beethoven's Sixth (or Ninth)! Vivaldi!

I know. I'm atypical...

veritas
05-17-2011, 06:29 PM
This thread has payed off with some great music. Each day I check it and then search out peoples favs to sample.

skunkboy
05-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Anything but rap... but mostly 70s rock and classical ...

Chevette Girl
05-17-2011, 08:25 PM
As a followup, Alice Cooper has still got it. I was three feet from him, it was awesome. And I've spent today listening to songs by the opening band, Anvil. I think it's the first time they've put an actual heavy metal band in as an opener.

wy_white_wolf
05-17-2011, 08:57 PM
As a followup, Alice Cooper has still got it. I was three feet from him, it was awesome. And I've spent today listening to songs by the opening band, Anvil. I think it's the first time they've put an actual heavy metal band in as an opener.

That's good to know as I have tickets to see him in August. 3rd time I've had tickets but he canceled on the other 2 shows back in the late 70's.

I listen to Stevie Ray Vaughan, Lynyrd Skynryd, 38 Special alot in addition to just about everything you mentioned in your first post.

Chevette Girl
05-17-2011, 11:49 PM
That's good to know as I have tickets to see him in August. 3rd time I've had tickets but he canceled on the other 2 shows back in the late 70's.

Oh, that sucks! Hopefully since he dried out, he's more reliable!! He's been to Ottawa six times that I know of and I've seen him five, I think. And each show has been completely different. SO worth general admission to see him close enough to tell the colour of his eyes!

Some bands are getting along to past their prime, I wasn't as impressed with Def Leppard a few years back (although Billy Idol opening for them WAS worth it), and I won't be seeing Jethro Tull live again... which sucks, because they're one of my favourite classic rock bands. <wanders off humming "Locomotive Breath"> (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.215266111831164.73789.100000433302346&l=71d9da2a50)

kudapucat
05-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Lately, I've taken to enjoying a JAO (all that's ready atm) whilst listening to a science podcast. www.ScienceOnTop.com (http://www.ScienceOnTop.com) It's Melbourne Based (Australia) which is my hometown, but surely worth a listen no matter where you are.
As my wife doesn't really drink much, it's sort of like sharing a drink with the comical scientists on the show. ;-)

crowquill
05-22-2011, 09:01 AM
And its hard to beat sitting down with a gobet of mead while listening to "Renaissance".

Wow. I haven't listened to Renaissance in ages. Still remember seeing them in concert in ... well, let's just say it was a long time ago.

I don't have any particular favorite mead-drinking music and my collection is pretty wide ranging, but these days it tends toward the twangy. A sad country song pairs nicely with a well aged mead.

triarchy
05-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Kinda late to the party, but I was surprised at the amount of metal listed. My favorites right now are Insomnium, Before the Dawn & Dawn of Solace, Swallow the Sun, Be'lakor, Katatonia, Anathema, Daemonarch. Lots more, I love my music!

MeadDrinkingActor
05-28-2011, 09:19 PM
I listen to everything but polka, disco and boyband. I am most fond of classic rock, though.

Guinlilly
05-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Kinda late to the party, but I was surprised at the amount of metal listed. My favorites right now are Insomnium, Before the Dawn & Dawn of Solace, Swallow the Sun, Be'lakor, Katatonia, Anathema, Daemonarch. Lots more, I love my music!

/two thumbs up. Swallow the Sun and Be'lakor are two of my faaaaves at the moment. Listen to Allagoch?

Edit: Daemonarch is the guys from Moonspell?!?! MUST LISTEN. Thank you for that one!

AToE
05-28-2011, 10:10 PM
I love some bands you don't even remotely have to ask what genres they play, their names really say it all. ;D

Chevette Girl
05-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I heard my favourite song by Metal Church on the radio last week! Yay, House of Hair!

Oskaar
05-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Legen (ethno-ambient Croatian Tribal music played on a combination of modern electric and traditional instruments), fusion, Blackmore's Night, Tangerine Dream, Dead Can Dance, Mostar Sevdah Reunion with Šaban Bajramović, Lilijana Bajuk, Oliver Dragojević, Classic Rock and Beethoven.

triarchy
05-29-2011, 01:35 PM
/two thumbs up. Swallow the Sun and Be'lakor are two of my faaaaves at the moment. Listen to Allagoch?

Edit: Daemonarch is the guys from Moonspell?!?! MUST LISTEN. Thank you for that one!

Heck yea, Agalloch is quite nice, reminds me of older Opeth (Morningrise era). And you are correct about Daemonarch, it was a one and done side project of Moonspell's. Its more like their earlier stuff (think Wolfheart only heavier). If you listen to it, let me know what you think.

Guinlilly
05-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Heck yea, Agalloch is quite nice, reminds me of older Opeth (Morningrise era). And you are correct about Daemonarch, it was a one and done side project of Moonspell's. Its more like their earlier stuff (think Wolfheart only heavier). If you listen to it, let me know what you think.

Listened to it all day yesterday, two thumbs waaay up!

mccann51
05-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Anything but rap...

Rap isn't a genre. Hip-hop is a genre, rap is something a person does. You wouldn't say I listen to "sing". I'm not meaning to be a dick, just correcting a frequent misconception.

In case it wasn't obvious, I like hip-hop. I generally like more abrasive hip-hop (here's a good example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_JJtWq3eg), here's another (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC9yRE0P6uM)). Also a fan of turntablism (still on the abrasive side (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS-MLV3YL1k)) and other less turntable driven "hiphopstrumentals" (like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32X-ieCav-M) and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svfvosEGN-g), two very beautiful songs).

That said, I do enjoy me some metal. Pelican (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHazTKpvpZQ), Electric Wizard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHplp10kQM&feature=related), Black Label Society typify the kind of metal I enjoy.

Also enjoy jazz (late John Coltrane kinda stuff), electronica (from fast-paced to ambient), classical (heavy on the romantics like Chopin and Beethoven), and all other manner of eclectic, preferably kinda out-there stuff (Joanna Newsom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak8S8FN3ycA) as one random example, John Fahey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIavfcdqnLo) as another).

Ayinson
06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Oh my all these metalheads! Seems like I'll fit right in!:D

I have a broad metal spectrum though, ranges from death to black (prefer symphonic though), to viking and folk metal, some power metal in between (only at certain times), progressive, and so on and so on.
Outside of metal I have an appreciation for folk, more classic rock/oldschool hardrock, and even jazz fits in every once in a while. Same with classical music:p

But let's say 98% of the time it'll be metal, gigs, booze and fun:p

triarchy
06-06-2011, 10:47 PM
But let's say 98% of the time it'll be metal, gigs, booze and fun:p

Names, brother, we want band names :) Im always looking for new bands to listen to, so hook me up...please.

Ayinson
06-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Names, brother, we want band names :) Im always looking for new bands to listen to, so hook me up...please.

Deal! Here goes:

Airbourne, Allfader, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Arkan, Arkona, Bathory, Behemoth, Blind Guardian, Carcass, Channel Zero, Children of Bodom, Chthonic, Dark Tranquillity, Decapitated, Devildriver, Dew-scented, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Dimmu Borgir, Disillusion, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, Epica, Equilibrium, Eths, Exodus, Fear Factory, Finntroll, Finsterforst, Gojira, Gorefest, Grand Magus, Haggard, Heidevolk, Hollenthon, Illdisposed, Immortal, In Extremo, Insomnium, Kalmah, Kamelot, Kivimetsan Druidi, Kreator, Lamb of God, Legion of the Damned, Life of Agony, Machine Head, Meshuggah, Moonsorrow, Norther, Old Man's Child, Opeth, Pantera, Saille, Satyricon, Sodom, Soilwork, Suidakra, Testament, The Vision Bleak, Thurisaz, Trollfest, Tyr, Vader, Wintersun, Zimmer's Hole, ...

This being a short take out of a veeeeery long list of bands:) Feel free to check out the ones you don't know, can't promise you'll like them all because there's no discussing flavors, colors and tastes, right? I put them in alphabetical order too:p

And as a present to you all: Equilibrium - Met (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao2aEV0JN3k)!;) Yes, it's about mead!

AToE
06-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Zimmer's Hole, ...

Wow, you've heard of Zimmer's Hole in BELGIUM??! My group of friends were actually very close with the fellow called Zimmer that the band is named after (when he died they decided to name themselves after one of his...err... orifices...), and are all practically family with the band, though I don't know them well myself.

Totally weird, I didn't really know anyone from outside western Canada even knew they existed!

Ayinson
06-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Wow, you've heard of Zimmer's Hole in BELGIUM??!
Hah well yeah, with a bunch of former Strapping Young Lad members in there, Gene "Atomic Clock" Hoglan on drums, AND being produced by all out weird ass Devin Townsend I came across them one day and they kinda caught my attention:p
I think I was actually searching for more projects Townsend was connected with and ended up on Zimmer's Hole that way. They are AWESOME! And funny as hell:D

AToE
06-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Hah well yeah, with a bunch of former Strapping Young Lad members in there, Gene "Atomic Clock" Hoglan on drums, AND being produced by all out weird ass Devin Townsend I came across them one day and they kinda caught my attention:p
I think I was actually searching for more projects Townsend was connected with and ended up on Zimmer's Hole that way. They are AWESOME! And funny as hell:D

Totally awesome, and yes pretty much everything Townsend touches is solid gold, he's definitely the greatest Canadian in the history of metal! And he's also a really very nice guy, I got to work with him a bit once a few years back on my friends' album, he was great. Hopefully I'll get to work with him more as time goes on and my recording/producing "career" (hard to call it that when I make zero money!) goes forward.

triarchy
03-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Dragging this one back from the dead a bit I guess, but I feel the need to share. Anathema is coming out with a new album and I have been captivated (entranced?) by their song up on Youtube, The Beginning and the End. They are now Prog Rock, but the lyrics are still "doomy", which suites me fine as The Silent Enigma was my favorite album of thiers. :D

Some other good albums Ive been listening to lately:

Suidakra-Book of Dowth
Insomnium-One For Sorrow
Before The Dawn-Deathstar Rising
Black Sun Aeon-Blacklight Deliverance
Swallow The Sun-Emerald Forest & The Blackbird

Forgive the bump, Im into some mead and feeling the music :p

Guinlilly
03-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Dragging this one back from the dead a bit I guess, but I feel the need to share. Anathema is coming out with a new album and I have been captivated (entranced?) by their song up on Youtube, The Beginning and the End. They are now Prog Rock, but the lyrics are still "doomy", which suites me fine as The Silent Enigma was my favorite album of thiers. :D

Some other good albums Ive been listening to lately:

Suidakra-Book of Dowth
Insomnium-One For Sorrow
Before The Dawn-Deathstar Rising
Black Sun Aeon-Blacklight Deliverance
Swallow The Sun-Emerald Forest & The Blackbird

Forgive the bump, Im into some mead and feeling the music :p

Swallow the Sun is one of my very favorite bands. Hope is in my top 3 albums of all time. I've been listening to a lot of Arkona, Ahab, and can't wait for Be'lakor's third album to be released.

Chevette Girl
03-12-2012, 06:27 PM
I meant to listen to my new Alice Cooper CD today except I somehow got hung up on Florence + The Machine on youtube after getting stuck on Three Days Grace last night... Although that Anathema song is great, very powerful. I'll be sharing it :)

veritas
03-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Stuck on Edith Piaf!!

JLindsey
03-14-2012, 12:52 AM
My brew day playlist includes, but is not limited to:

Baroness, The Grails, High On Fire, Red Fang (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgV7hnjoyt0), Mastadon, Melvins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAl3A2pYFhM&feature=related), Ancestors,
Ozzy, Maiden, MC5...

Animal Collective, Moby, Dead Weather, Fleet Foxes, Mars Volta, Eluvium, Wilco, Uncle Tupelo, Soundgarden, Kings of Leon, Tom Waits...

Spearhead, ODB, Beastie Boys, Immortal Technique...

Cirrus, DJ Shadow, Nortec Collective, Tosca, Zero 7...

Alison Krauss, Del McCoury, Doc Watson, Flatt and Scruggs, Split Lip Rayfield (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffDQIhW_hpA&feature=related), Vassar Clements, Emmylou Harris, John Prine, Tom Leach (http://www.tomleach.com/), Drive-By-Truckers, and of course, Johnny Cash...

Thanks mccann51, for the links!

skunkboy
03-14-2012, 11:12 PM
lub dubb
lub dubb
lub dubb

:-)

Legitapotimous
03-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Black keys Rock!
White Stripes, Bassnectar (while i drink nectar), Liquid Stranger, Pretty lights, Skrillex, Racontours, Apocalyptica (great in concert) plus METAL!!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P. Dime bag (saw his last show)
R.I.P. dave williams (drowning pool orig) Saw last show

veritas
03-14-2012, 11:59 PM
lub dubb
lub dubb
lub dubb

:-)

You like to listen to your heart?

TAKeyser
03-15-2012, 12:02 AM
You like to listen to your heart?

Think it's the sound of an airlock

Echostatic
03-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Muse (pre Absolution)
Milemarker
Black Label Society
Obsidia
Misnomer
AC/DC
Heart
Nevermore

It's hard to list bands though... I like a lot of songs that come from a lot of bands, but often it's just one or two songs per band...

skunkboy
03-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Think it's the sound of an airlock

Yes, either answer would be correct. I enjoy listening to both...

Vandall
03-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Got to be hard rock and metal. Black Sabbath is the greatest band of all times. Disturbed, Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch, I could go on for ever. I also love thee House of Hair, great 80's hair metal. Speaking of which, check out Steel Panther on youtube, Great 80's style metal with hilarious (nearly x rated) lyrics.

Chevette Girl
03-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Aw, man, I wish I could listen to House of Hair more often, it just happens to be on during gaming night :(

TAKeyser
03-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Yes, either answer would be correct. I enjoy listening to both...

I've always thought that the airlock made more of a Blurp, blurp, blurp sound.

As for music I listen to pretty much everything. All depends on the mood and the situation, people often say that my Ipod has multiple personalities.

HunnyBunz
03-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Dream Theater, Vanden Plas, Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Symphony X, Evergrey, Threshold, Kamelot, Iron Maiden, Rush, Fates Warning, King's X, Devon Townsend, + any of the guitar greats: Joe Satriani, Tony Macalpine, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, etc.

joemirando
05-17-2013, 12:41 AM
MC Hawking

If you know who Hawking is, you will find yourself rocking out in no time.

joemirando
05-27-2013, 03:39 PM
MC Hawking

If you know who Hawking is, you will find yourself rocking out in no time.
The premise behind this is that Dr. Stephen Hawking, physicist extraordinaire and author of A Brief History of Time, chucks it all to become a gangsta rapper.

Imagine his computerized voice rapping. If you know anything about his theories or the.... complicated relationship with MIT, you'll be laughing your butt off.

Aside from being hilarious, it often explains facets of physics better than most classroom lecturers I have heard.

"You ever drop an egg and on the floor you see it break?
You go and get a mop so you can clean up your mistake.
But did you ever stop to ponder why we know it's true,
if you drop a broken egg you will not get an egg that's new.

That's entropy or E-N-T-R-O to the P to the Y,
the reason why the sun will one day all burn out and die.
Order from disorder is a scientific rarity,
allow me to explain it with a little bit more clarity.
Did I say rarity? I meant impossibility,
at least in a closed system there will always be more entropy.
That's entropy and I hope that you're all down with it,
if you are here's your membership."

I'd recommend going to his website to get samples of the songs, but the last time I checked, it was loaded with trojans and virii.

Now you're all down with a discount.
Peace out,

Joe

loveofrose
05-27-2013, 06:56 PM
I listen to anything but hard rock/metal/djent have a special place in my heart. I actually am a one man hard rock band. You can guess the band name from my user name.

If you want to try some djent, check out lithium dawn, periphery, and io over at got djent dot com for free!

UKTony
05-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Jazz, especially jump blues and shouter (Louis Jordan, Wynonie Harris, etc.). Very into blues of all kinds (used to shoot for a blues mag when i lived in the UK). Very into ska, two tone, blue beat, rocksteady and reggae. Punk, and alt punk inc Jam, sham69, buzzcocks, clash, Dead Kennedy's . And all the rock too espesh Zep, ACDC, etc.

In fact I could go at this all night given how much of my life is consumed by music; instead just check my last.fm profile charts http://www.last.fm/user/tonyholmes/charts

That captures most of what I listen to in the home, none of what I listen to in the car.

Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sam2.0
05-27-2013, 11:44 PM
I tend toward instrumentals over vocals and discord over melody. BLBAF, John Cage, Beethoven, Miles Davis, Project Trio, Skrillix, Sigur Ros, Múm, and Jaga Jazzist are the first nine that pop into my head.

Kelvin
05-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Swans

One of my all time favorite bands. My fiancee hates them but oh well. I listen to them as often as I can. Not well known but something that moves me more than just about anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4FegKeeiU