PDA

View Full Version : Quick brag about Wifey RN

ZwolfUpir
07-27-2011, 09:39 PM
My wife recently passed her boards to become an RN after 4 years of college, during which we bought a house, with colors a flying. And, on top of that, she's even got a nursing job she is starting on Monday. Wooo!

So, yeah. :)

Riverat
07-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Tell her congrat's, that's a tough job we all need more like her

TheAlchemist
07-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Many happy returns of the day to you both!

Medsen Fey
07-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Congratulations!
It is a tough, demanding profession, but makes a huge difference in the lives of everyone they touch.

wayneb
07-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Let me add my congrats, too! Having been married to an RN for now almost 20 years (we will hit that milestone in January), I've seen firsthand the amount of dedication and empathy required of anyone in that profession. You have a very special person there as partner, my friend, and you should consider making up a special batch of mead to commemorate the occasion. Something that you could share a bottle of each year on the anniversary of her boards would be a nice touch!

ZwolfUpir
07-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks all, and she says thanks too. She's going to be working at a nursing home/skilled nursing facility, which she has said over and over again how much she does not want to work at such a place. She attaches to people easily and has a very open heart. What "pushed" her into taking this job is that her Gram recently passed and all the nurses who showed up, some even on their days off one of which was one vacation, to see her Gram before she passed. She saw how much those nurses can affect and be affected by the people there and it isn't all sadness and death. So I think she will do really well there, touching and being touched by so many lives.

@wayneb, that's a real nifty idea. Saddly the only big carboy I have, a 5 gallon one, currently contains JAOv D-47 mead in in which I just started with the intent of X-mas presents. Hopefully it will finish soon and I can get another batch going for that anniversary idea. I'm sure she'll need it by then. :D

ZwolfUpir
07-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to share so much. I'm just so proud of her and stuff and such. And I've been known to ramble at times. So, sorry about that.

TheAlchemist
07-28-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to share so much. I'm just so proud of her and stuff and such. And I've been known to ramble at times. So, sorry about that.

Shucks. We don't mind.

wildoates
07-29-2011, 03:29 AM
As the all too frequent recipient of outstanding nursing, I say congratulations and thank you!

Chevette Girl
08-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Thanks all, and she says thanks too. She's going to be working at a nursing home/skilled nursing facility, which she has said over and over again how much she does not want to work at such a place. She attaches to people easily and has a very open heart. What "pushed" her into taking this job is that her Gram recently passed and all the nurses who showed up, some even on their days off one of which was one vacation, to see her Gram before she passed. She saw how much those nurses can affect and be affected by the people there and it isn't all sadness and death. So I think she will do really well there, touching and being touched by so many lives.

My mother in-law was an RN at a nursing home for a long time (until some of the residents were in better shape than she was!) and it's ofteh physically challenging work but can be very rewarding. Just remember, nursing homes aren't palliative care, many residents are long-term.

And if it turns out not to be for your wife, it still looks good on a resumé for something she DOES want to do once she's got some experience under her belt... My MIL couldn't take ER after she had her children so she ended up at the nursing home for the rest of her career.