PDA

View Full Version : Much Thanks

JSquared
08-13-2011, 04:33 AM
Greetings,

I thought I would introduce myself since I have been stalking the forums for almost a week now. Name is Jerry, from Arizona, and I am a novice brewer and Mead maker for a few years. (Hence of course what brought me here, to take my crafts to the next level.) At the moment I am in the primary fermentation stage of a semi-sweet Prickly Pear melomel done with local mesquite honey and hand harvested fruit.

Other than mead making I am a Chef, Charcutier, Cheese maker, and somewhat of an urban homesteader with my garden and flock of chickens in my back yard. Also our many animals (since my partner is a Vet Technician and keeps bringing them home) including 3 dogs, a cat, a snake, a cockatoo, and their joint 4-H project (My daughter and him) show rabbits!

I just wanted to put it out there that I am greatly excited that a place like this is available, I'm absorbing all the knowledge contained here, and am looking forward to learning tons and hopefully adding some of what I learn back to the community.

Respectfully yours...

fatbloke
08-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Welcome to Gotmead Jerry.

There's lots of info to learn from, and even a few contentious issues for how stuff is done.

So it is, indeed, a good place to pick up tips, tricks and other knowledge.

Me, I like it here because there's some serious mead makers who really know their stuff (you know who you are ;) ), who're happy to impart their advice, knowledge and experience......

regards

fatbloke

AToE
08-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Welcome, you should love it here, great people and nearly endless information. My meads wouldn't be 1/10th as good as they are now without this place!

schlapppy
08-14-2011, 09:30 PM
I stalked for much longer than a week before posting! Good job :-)

Welcome to GOT MEAD?

caffeine211
08-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Welcome, Jerry! I think I stalked for a few months before I posted anything!