PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Clubs/Hudson Valley Meets

dave_witt
08-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Hey guys,

I just was thinking about the local homebrew club scene, but I haven't heard much about mead making in this area other than the couple of people I chat with on a regular basis. Do any of ya attend regional homebrew clubs that tend to focus on more mead making than beer/wine?

Related to this, I was wondering if people local to the Hudson Valley would like to get together on a somewhat regular basis (monthly/bimonthly), and start comparing meads, helping critique and develop recipes, etc etc. I'm in Albany, so I'm thinking of people from Saratoga south to Poughkeepsie. Would anyone in the area be interested in starting a homebrew group?

Chevette Girl
08-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Heh, you're not THAT far from me, about as far as my in-laws or my grandmother (6 hour drive) ... if it were near Pottsdam, I might even consider getting a passport :p

dave_witt
08-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Heh, you're not THAT far from me, about as far as my in-laws or my grandmother (6 hour drive) ... if it were near Pottsdam, I might even consider getting a passport :p

Potsdam's just on the other side of the Adirondacks from here. Not long at all. ;-)