• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Muse Cup [Sept 18 2011]

Barrel Char Wood Products

kc0dhb

Registered Gotmeader
GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Mead (and Cider) makers,

It is time for the 4th annual Muse Cup hosted by the Liquid Poets in Colorado. This is a mead and cider only competition (categories 24-28).

Quick details

If you'd like to judge or steward the day of (Morning of September 18th at Equinox Brewing in Colorado) please sign up at http://muse.liquidpoets.com/competition/ as a judge or steward.

Other questions, please contact muse@liquidpoets.com

Thanks,
Kyle

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
For those of you who haven't entered this contest before I can tell you that the folks organizing and judging this event will do a great job for you and give you some excellent feedback on meadmaking.

I know the people involved in this contest so if you were wondering whether or not to enter, I highly recommend it.

Cheers,

Oskaar

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
I second Oskaar's endorsement of this event. While some smaller "regional" competitions aren't up to the standards of major mead events, I personally know many of the judges who help out at the Muse Cup, and they are also regulars at our Mazer Cup event. I'd be judging myself, except that the date this year is inconveniently 1) two days after the date scheduled for our house closing - and I need to keep a couple of days free just in case our closing date slips, and 2) on my daughter's 16th birthday. But Kyle, I will be up to help you guys out next year.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns