PDA

View Full Version : Mead in Forbes magazine article

Dan McFeeley
10-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Just spotted this link on a FB post from HoneyMaker -- mead listed among the top ten food trends. I tried clicking to read the whole article, must be a glitch of some kind at my end, couldn't pull it up.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/ehlk45lii/mead#

Nice to see the mention, but the media still isn't getting the history and background right. Bunratty meade is featured in the photo, which isn't a true mead. Also, mead is desceribed as a "precursor of most other alcohols," produced 7,000 years ago in Northern China.

--

Loadnabox
10-28-2011, 03:25 PM
It appears to be a photo/slideshow article only, clicked through the button at the top of the image to see the other 10 items.

Why do you say that's not a real mead?

cayo hueso
10-28-2011, 03:40 PM
It appears to be a photo/slideshow article only, clicked through the button at the top of the image to see the other 10 items.

Why do you say that's not a real mead?

Supposedly Bunratty is a grape wine fortified with honey. I gotta say its great that mead is getting recognition from the mainstream media, but it IS annoying how little research the author obviously did. You'd think Forbes would at least do a fact check.

ken_schramm
10-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Bad choice of product for the pic, but they got the trend right. Very cool to see artisanal honey at #3. The buzz just keeps growing.

fatbloke
10-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Interesting to read/look at the article, except they didn't include any links to the mortgage broker required for the man in the street to be able to afford truffles to try (truffle oil being relatively cheap compared to the "real thing").....

RightHookCook
10-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Interesting to read/look at the article, except they didn't include any links to the mortgage broker required for the man in the street to be able to afford truffles to try (truffle oil being relatively cheap compared to the "real thing").....

Cant say ive ever tried them!, and to be honest they dont even sound that nice, i like mushrooms but i wouldnt pay that much for them! lol

TheAlchemist
10-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Bad choice of product for the pic, but they got the trend right. Very cool to see artisanal honey at #3. The buzz just keeps growing.

Provoking the paronomasiacs, are we?

ken_schramm
10-31-2011, 07:51 PM
This is the hive, no?

robin850
10-31-2011, 09:43 PM
I wish the honey pic would have prominently displayed some "USA" labels.