PDA

View Full Version : legal section

calicojack
11-03-2011, 04:18 PM
have we given thought to starting a legal section with information with dealing with the TTB, fees, taxes, modern rules and reg, etc?

wayneb
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
As of now, you can ask questions about the legal aspects of commercial meadmaking over in the Mead Industry Forum section of Gotmead, since you'll find that those commercial meadmakers who do visit the site from time to time will generally be willing to share their experiences with the legal process. Gotmead is not managed by professional meadmakers, nor do we have the resources to supply informed legal information or opinion regarding the licensing aspects of commercial meadmaking. Also, the rules can vary widely from state to state and from country to country. So, we prefer to let our professional members (who have all run the gauntlet in the past) help in that regard.

calicojack
11-03-2011, 05:25 PM
good answer. thanks!

ken_schramm
11-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Not to be a wet blanket, but as with all legal matters, when it comes down to making a decision with chips on the table, it is usually best to leave the law to the lawyers, and free advice is worth exactly what you've paid for it.

AToE
11-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I think lots of good starting points and tips can be gotten from people on here, but yeah - I wouldn't do a single thing without proper legal advice... laws sadly are not written to be understood by anyone other than lawyers.

ZwolfUpir
11-13-2011, 04:51 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to sue lawyers for having a monopoly on legalese...?

Loadnabox
11-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Not to mention that judges tend to really hate people that try to do their own legal work.

Trust me on this, they'll throw the book at ya just to take you down a peg