• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Happy Crimbo too all at Gotmead..........

Barrel Char Wood Products

Soyala_Amaya

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2011
Missouri
I opened presents with my boyfriends sister's at 1:30 in the morning, crashed for about 5 hours, drove an hour to open presents with my niece, went to my parents, opened presents with them, opened brother's family presents when he came over, everyone ate dinner...then I passed out on the couch because that was tooooo much on too little sleep!

Loadnabox

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 17, 2011
Ohio
Family -L-O-V-E-D- my JAO :)

We drank waaaayyyy too much aquavit.. aakavit? moqaa.... Distilled caraway seed alcohol

My daughter is lucky to be coming home since she charmed the socks off all the realatives so well! :-D

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
We had a traditional Nowegian Christmas Eve dinner, complete with lamb, mashed carrots and rutabagas, riskrem, and yes, aquavit. It was vile, bit it's tradition!

Fortunately we had a traditional American breakfast, including tamales.

Loadnabox

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 17, 2011
Ohio
...It was vile, bit it's tradition!

Our Christmas eve dinner was originally Norweigan, and still carries many of the traditional foods, Stollen, Yulecaca, Pickled Herring, pickled Pigs Feet, Smoked Salmon, and many many many of the breads and cheeses that I can't even think of right now.

As our family has grown however, we have brought in new ethnic foods, Italian Calamari, Greek Hummus & Pita bread, Japanese cucumber salad, Scottish Haggis.

Fortunately we had a traditional American breakfast, including tamales.

By the time we make it to the fourth course no one can hardly eat the Swedish meatballs on x-mas eve. I've learned to appreciate them as a delicious cold breakfast Christmas morning :-D

Loadnabox

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 17, 2011
Ohio
Well, now the main event is over and done, I'm hoping to get my 2 seasonal batches started over the next day or two.........

A double batch of Chocolate Raspberry port (kits) and a batch of "Christmas pudding" flavour wine.

I won't be going home for a couple more weeks, but I hope to get some of WayneB's Christmas spice going when I get home to give away next year.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
For Christmas dinner, we had perogies made by my Irish descended sis in-law, Rot Kohl (german red cabbage), ham, turkey, green beans, and an English Trifle prepared by my German mother in law, and I impressed the Germans (aunt, uncle and cousins) with my Stollen (thank you, Joy of Cooking, you almost got it right). There were 15 of us in the house and 14 of us made it out on the frozen lake for a snowball fight and snowmen and snow angels the morning after an evening of drinking mulled wine, mead, jello shooters, Screech, Jaegermeister, rum and beer... then in the afternoon all the cousins (8 of us) got out the .22's and shot up a bunch of beer cans and some old playing cards my father in-law mounted on a sawhorse. I'm not quite sure what that says about my family, but it sure was fun!!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns