PDA

View Full Version : True love...

Lpfouts
01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
... is when you ask your husband for 5 gallons of meadowfoam honey for your birthday. And he looks thoughtful, then asks, "... do you think that would be enough?"

Just had to share. No one else would understand.

Chevette Girl
01-09-2012, 11:39 AM
And he looks thoughtful, then asks, "... do you think that would be enough?"

Awwwww.... ;D

Mine lets/encourages me to keep driving a 30-year old car that he doesn't fit into...

TheAlchemist
01-09-2012, 12:15 PM
This is one of those occasions where I'd use a "like" button!

Lawpaw
01-09-2012, 12:32 PM
... is when you ask your husband for 5 gallons of meadowfoam honey for your birthday. And he looks thoughtful, then asks, "... do you think that would be enough?"

Just had to share. No one else would understand.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get 5 gallons of meadowfoam?

Loadnabox
01-09-2012, 05:35 PM
If you don't mind me asking, where do you get 5 gallons of meadowfoam?

yeah really! :)

Riverat
01-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Ditto on the yea, I usualy can't find it much after October

Soyala_Amaya
01-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Mine got me a throwing axe and a three gallon carboy for Christmas and is putting away money to get me a 5 gallon bucket of wildflower for Valentines day.

Sometimes guys can be great, can't they?

andrewschwab
01-10-2012, 02:21 AM
Ditto on the yea, I usually can't find it much after October

Ooooo I know where there is a stash,, hehehehe my garage:o
There has not been a good meadow foam crop for the last 2 years. Just so happens being a beekeeper has finally paid off. Came across a "man" who wanted to get rid of a pallets worth.....

Ahhhh nope don't ask, I will sell but the price is high. Not selling for bulk price.
So if your toast or cooked carrots are missing some meadowfoam give me ring :eek:, really I just said that.. oooo what a slippery slope down it has been.:p

Penguinetti
01-12-2012, 11:55 AM
My wife gave me...

er... let's me make mead. But looks at me funny. :rolleyes:

Matrix4b
01-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Mine got me a throwing axe and a three gallon carboy for Christmas and is putting away money to get me a 5 gallon bucket of wildflower for Valentines day.

Sometimes guys can be great, can't they?

More women should brew! I think that it is great. Too bad he can't get raspberry honey for you, you know red for valintines day But 5 gallons(caculating, 60 pounds about)? I have trouble getting a 42 pound bucket or 2 of them twice a year. My wife is very supportive though she can't drink much due to diabeties and medicine that doesn't react well. But she loves the smell of it brewing. A strawberry that I had once smelled like strawberry bread to her in the whole house.

But seriously, There should be more women brewers. Just like there should be more Men Bakers. My wife occasionally teaches me some of her baking techniques. Some are even incorporatable to brewing and I have taken to making home made extracts for her. My vanilla extract she LOVES to put into her cakes and cookies.

Matrix

Chevette Girl
01-12-2012, 01:30 PM
My wife gave me...
er... let's me make mead. But looks at me funny. :rolleyes:

Hehe, has she had anything she enjoys? A lot of spouses become more supportive when they like the products :)

My husband tolerates my wide range of hobbies but his support generally comes in the form of "Can I lift anything heavy for you? No? Ok, I'll be downstairs." and asking when he can have half "his" kitchen or half his chest freezer back... I do the baking, the preserving, the automotive repairs and the brewing... he does a lot of the cooking, all the GM'ing and most of the woodwork and home repairs, and we both paint the miniatures and make the armour.

Penguinetti
01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Hehe, has she had anything she enjoys? A lot of spouses become more supportive when they like the products :)

My husband tolerates my wide range of hobbies but his support generally comes in the form of "Can I lift anything heavy for you? No? Ok, I'll be downstairs." and asking when he can have half "his" kitchen or half his chest freezer back... I do the baking, the preserving, the automotive repairs and the brewing... he does a lot of the cooking, all the GM'ing and most of the woodwork and home repairs, and we both paint the miniatures and make the armour.

She has tried Mead, but not mine. Plus, she's pregnant right now, so she's really not supposed to drink more than a glass every few days.

I have to say, that is quite an awesome list of who takes care of what. I do automotive, home repair (with help from her father), brewing, grooming the dog. She does the laundry, cleans the house, and decorates. We share the cooking.

Also, what do you make armour for? Ren Fair armour, or like, sell to military armour?

Chevette Girl
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Also, what do you make armour for? Ren Fair armour, or like, sell to military armour?
We make functional medieval battle armour (http://www.southtower.on.ca/armour/index.html)as subcontractors, we also have done some armour for jousters and a number of costume armours (http://www.southtower.on.ca/Princess%27s%20Dressing%20Room/Princess%27sDressingRoom.html)for faires and conventions etc, even one movie armour (http://southtowerarmouringguild.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html).

And now we're REALLY off topic :)

Dan McFeeley
01-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Supportive spouses, significant others, partners, et. al., can't beat that when they're supportive of hobbies that may even be a bit off the beaten track! I think it's been said before, those who mead together stay together. ;D

--