• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

True love...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Lpfouts

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 1, 2012
Denver, CO
... is when you ask your husband for 5 gallons of meadowfoam honey for your birthday. And he looks thoughtful, then asks, "... do you think that would be enough?"

Just had to share. No one else would understand.

Lawpaw

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 7, 2011
North Central IA
... is when you ask your husband for 5 gallons of meadowfoam honey for your birthday. And he looks thoughtful, then asks, "... do you think that would be enough?"

Just had to share. No one else would understand.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get 5 gallons of meadowfoam?

Soyala_Amaya

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2011
Missouri
Mine got me a throwing axe and a three gallon carboy for Christmas and is putting away money to get me a 5 gallon bucket of wildflower for Valentines day.

Sometimes guys can be great, can't they?

A

andrewschwab

Ditto on the yea, I usually can't find it much after October

Ooooo I know where there is a stash,, hehehehe my garage:eek:
There has not been a good meadow foam crop for the last 2 years. Just so happens being a beekeeper has finally paid off. Came across a "man" who wanted to get rid of a pallets worth.....

Ahhhh nope don't ask, I will sell but the price is high. Not selling for bulk price.
So if your toast or cooked carrots are missing some meadowfoam give me ring :eek:, really I just said that.. oooo what a slippery slope down it has been.:p

Matrix4b

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 17, 2008
Denver Colorado
Mine got me a throwing axe and a three gallon carboy for Christmas and is putting away money to get me a 5 gallon bucket of wildflower for Valentines day.

Sometimes guys can be great, can't they?

More women should brew! I think that it is great. Too bad he can't get raspberry honey for you, you know red for valintines day But 5 gallons(caculating, 60 pounds about)? I have trouble getting a 42 pound bucket or 2 of them twice a year. My wife is very supportive though she can't drink much due to diabeties and medicine that doesn't react well. But she loves the smell of it brewing. A strawberry that I had once smelled like strawberry bread to her in the whole house.

But seriously, There should be more women brewers. Just like there should be more Men Bakers. My wife occasionally teaches me some of her baking techniques. Some are even incorporatable to brewing and I have taken to making home made extracts for her. My vanilla extract she LOVES to put into her cakes and cookies.

Matrix

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
My wife gave me...
er... let's me make mead. But looks at me funny. :rolleyes:

Hehe, has she had anything she enjoys? A lot of spouses become more supportive when they like the products :)

My husband tolerates my wide range of hobbies but his support generally comes in the form of "Can I lift anything heavy for you? No? Ok, I'll be downstairs." and asking when he can have half "his" kitchen or half his chest freezer back... I do the baking, the preserving, the automotive repairs and the brewing... he does a lot of the cooking, all the GM'ing and most of the woodwork and home repairs, and we both paint the miniatures and make the armour.

Penguinetti

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2011
Eliot, ME
Hehe, has she had anything she enjoys? A lot of spouses become more supportive when they like the products :)

My husband tolerates my wide range of hobbies but his support generally comes in the form of "Can I lift anything heavy for you? No? Ok, I'll be downstairs." and asking when he can have half "his" kitchen or half his chest freezer back... I do the baking, the preserving, the automotive repairs and the brewing... he does a lot of the cooking, all the GM'ing and most of the woodwork and home repairs, and we both paint the miniatures and make the armour.

She has tried Mead, but not mine. Plus, she's pregnant right now, so she's really not supposed to drink more than a glass every few days.

I have to say, that is quite an awesome list of who takes care of what. I do automotive, home repair (with help from her father), brewing, grooming the dog. She does the laundry, cleans the house, and decorates. We share the cooking.

Also, what do you make armour for? Ren Fair armour, or like, sell to military armour?

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Supportive spouses, significant others, partners, et. al., can't beat that when they're supportive of hobbies that may even be a bit off the beaten track! I think it's been said before, those who mead together stay together. ;D

--

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns