PDA

View Full Version : well that's a first.....

calicojack
01-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Had my first bottle bomb today. Or i should say we discovered it today. Quite a few months back I had bottled my blueberry, drank most of it and put one bottle back for long term storage. Well apparently after so many months it decided to carbonate, and subsequently exploded. I'm now drinking what's left. IT'S Great as a sparkling and seems like the % went up. only had about 12ozs left though.

Chevette Girl
01-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Did it just pop the cork and spew or did the bottle actually break?

Last time I had an unintended carbonation accident go pop, I think I lost about half the bottle.

calicojack
01-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Did it just pop the cork and spew or did the bottle actually break?

Last time I had an unintended carbonation accident go pop, I think I lost about half the bottle.

popped the cork and lost over half the bottle

ken_schramm
01-14-2012, 08:00 PM
I've got a good disgorgement story, but you'll have to get at least a couple of meads down my throat to loosen me up enough so's I'll actually tell it.

mmclean
01-14-2012, 08:10 PM
That's a cheep price of admission Ken.

I may have to hold you to it one day. :)

kudapucat
01-15-2012, 04:22 AM
That's a cheep price of admission Ken.

I may have to hold you to it one day. :)

Yup, when I next visit the states!

tweak'e
01-15-2012, 04:41 AM
ken will just have to come down under ;)

kudapucat
01-15-2012, 05:42 AM
There's a couple of bottle of mead set aside for any who travel from the US of A.
Consider it an open invite to any from the forum.
Further carrot: it's 110 in the shade some days at the moment. Think on that as you're wondering if the airport will be shut due to blizzard.

kudapucat
01-15-2012, 05:44 AM
Actually I'm being unintentionally racist. Any GotMeaders who visit are welcome. (It's still PC to be forumist)

triarchy
01-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Actually I'm being unintentionally racist. Any GotMeaders who visit are welcome. (It's still PC to be forumist)

Unintentionally nationalist, not racist ;) What I wouldnt give to have the time to get to Australia, my wife and I have been talking about that trip for years. And while 110F is a bit hot, I just got done snowblowing my driveway and Im freezing...

Chevette Girl
01-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Think on that as you're wondering if the airport will be shut due to blizzard.

That was Thursday for freezing rain and Friday for a snow storm (an actual snow storm instead of the 5cm snowfalls they were hollering, "Stormwatch" for last year, and last night it was -23C. Wish I could afford a visit :)

kudapucat
01-15-2012, 06:43 PM
All you have to do is come up with the air fare guys.
You can stay in town, up at the old man's farm in the country, or down at the cousin's beach house.

Riverat
01-16-2012, 09:28 AM
You can stay in town, up at the old man's farm in the country, or down at the cousin's beach house.

Hey now, a visit down under is on a lot of folks bucket list! Some of us just might take you up on that someday!

wayneb
01-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Awww... it's been 20+ years since I've been to the Melbourne area. I think I just found a reason to come back. ;D

TheAlchemist
01-16-2012, 08:08 PM

I may take you up on this...Oz seems to be calling me this year...

Classick
01-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Unintentionally nationalist, not racist ;) What I wouldnt give to have the time to get to Australia, my wife and I have been talking about that trip for years. And while 110F is a bit hot, I just got done snowblowing my driveway and Im freezing...

today wasnt bad i only shoveled once and now the snows melted.. but a trip to 110F I'd be so for it but my better half well.. thats why shes my better half lol

kudapucat
01-17-2012, 03:15 AM
Only 90 today, but much hotter up north. Mid 90's is about our average this time of year.

Classick
01-17-2012, 03:48 AM
I love the heat, the hotter the better. Unfortunately those that mean the most to me neither have the funds nor care to move to the warmer climates so July is my only favorite month. When Wisconsin can creep to an average of 95 outside but as a heat-treater it can get to 130 easily inside. I'm headed to California the middle of next month for a couple weeks. Anyone wanna toss a glass back on top of Mt. St. Helena's Im all for it. :cheers:

kudapucat
01-17-2012, 08:22 AM
95 still. 40% rh. It's midnight. Baby's unsettled and crying. Wife's unsettled and bitching. I'm unsettled and grumpy. Getting up for work in 6 hours.
I'd take snow any day. At least you can light a fire.

TheAlchemist
01-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Only 90 today, but much hotter up north. Mid 90's is about our average this time of year.

What's it like in August?

Loadnabox
01-17-2012, 03:47 PM
95 still. 40% rh. It's midnight. Baby's unsettled and crying. Wife's unsettled and bitching. I'm unsettled and grumpy. Getting up for work in 6 hours.
I'd take snow any day. At least you can light a fire.

This is basically what I tell people when they gawk at me about leaving Phoenix "You can always put on more clothes, there's a point where you can't take any more off without getting arrested"

"What's it like in August? "

since they're southern hemisphere and not too far from the ocean I would imagine fairly cold, probably temperatures similar to.... northern cal, maybe San Fran?

EDIT: Ok, after some wiki-fu it's more like Corpus Christi, TX only with December being miserable instead of August... At least they aren't dry like Corpus

More Edit: I was comparing Sydney not Melbourne, I was right the first time, climate is much like San Francisco

ken_schramm
01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Well, I've been south of the equator to fish in Chile, but I have never had the pleasure of visiting Australia or New Zealand. It'll take saving from a couple of royalty periods to finance that, but it is definitely on the list. I'd love to trade stories and few drams with some meadmakers from down under. It woiuld also be a thrill to fish for some of those NZ trout, too, and if I can get as close as Australia, it'll have to happen.

Ken

kudapucat
01-18-2012, 03:33 AM
New Zealand is "just across the ditch" as we like to say, or "Jest across the dutch" as the kiwis say ;-)
You'd have to come if you got all the way to NZ.

August. August is the last month of winter. We're usually hanging out for spring. It's not terrible, there's no snow, but 20 would be the maximum. (68 F I think)

TheAlchemist
01-19-2012, 01:18 PM
NZ is lovely. I highly recommend Swimming With Dolphins in the South Pacific (Akaroa) and the Wellington International Festival of the Arts.