• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

well that's a first.....

Barrel Char Wood Products

calicojack

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 29, 2010
Montgomery, AL
Had my first bottle bomb today. Or i should say we discovered it today. Quite a few months back I had bottled my blueberry, drank most of it and put one bottle back for long term storage. Well apparently after so many months it decided to carbonate, and subsequently exploded. I'm now drinking what's left. IT'S Great as a sparkling and seems like the % went up. only had about 12ozs left though.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Did it just pop the cork and spew or did the bottle actually break?

Last time I had an unintended carbonation accident go pop, I think I lost about half the bottle.

ken_schramm

The Compleat Sybarite
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jan 5, 2005
Troy, MI
I've got a good disgorgement story, but you'll have to get at least a couple of meads down my throat to loosen me up enough so's I'll actually tell it.

kudapucat

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bundoora, Melbourne, Australia
There's a couple of bottle of mead set aside for any who travel from the US of A.
Consider it an open invite to any from the forum.
Further carrot: it's 110 in the shade some days at the moment. Think on that as you're wondering if the airport will be shut due to blizzard.

triarchy

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 28, 2010
WI
Actually I'm being unintentionally racist. Any GotMeaders who visit are welcome. (It's still PC to be forumist)

Unintentionally nationalist, not racist ;) What I wouldnt give to have the time to get to Australia, my wife and I have been talking about that trip for years. And while 110F is a bit hot, I just got done snowblowing my driveway and Im freezing...

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Think on that as you're wondering if the airport will be shut due to blizzard.

That was Thursday for freezing rain and Friday for a snow storm (an actual snow storm instead of the 5cm snowfalls they were hollering, "Stormwatch" for last year, and last night it was -23C. Wish I could afford a visit :)

Classick

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 13, 2011
Milwaukee Metro
www.facebook.com
Unintentionally nationalist, not racist ;) What I wouldnt give to have the time to get to Australia, my wife and I have been talking about that trip for years. And while 110F is a bit hot, I just got done snowblowing my driveway and Im freezing...

today wasnt bad i only shoveled once and now the snows melted.. but a trip to 110F I'd be so for it but my better half well.. thats why shes my better half lol

Classick

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 13, 2011
Milwaukee Metro
www.facebook.com
I love the heat, the hotter the better. Unfortunately those that mean the most to me neither have the funds nor care to move to the warmer climates so July is my only favorite month. When Wisconsin can creep to an average of 95 outside but as a heat-treater it can get to 130 easily inside. I'm headed to California the middle of next month for a couple weeks. Anyone wanna toss a glass back on top of Mt. St. Helena's Im all for it. :cheers:

kudapucat

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bundoora, Melbourne, Australia
95 still. 40% rh. It's midnight. Baby's unsettled and crying. Wife's unsettled and bitching. I'm unsettled and grumpy. Getting up for work in 6 hours.
I'd take snow any day. At least you can light a fire.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns