• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Article:So Old It’s New, Mead Enjoys a Renaissance

Barrel Char Wood Products

PitBull

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 25, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
What we need is a Big Bang.

Good article, but I've been hearing on how mead has been having a Rennaissance for well over twenty years now. It's a good story line, I suppose, for a first time reader on mead, but writers need to start looking for something new.
--
That "something new" is something which will make a big impact. The perfect event would be an episode of the Big Bang Theory where the group goes to a Renaissance Faire (or the Mazer Cup) and drinks a bit too much (actually WAY too much) and ends up doing their typical hilarious nerdy behavior stuff. Maybe Sheldon and his girl would loosen up enough to finally “do it”… but never speak of it again. Of course there would then be unspoken sexual tension between the two for the rest of the series. It plays right into their story line and would be a great promo for mead. Perhaps a guest appearance by Mr. Schramm (if he’d be willing) would help even more.

I know… BIG fantasy. Does anybody here have any connections?

mmclean

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jul 22, 2010
Tennessee Valley
That "something new" is something which will make a big impact. The perfect event would be an episode of the Big Bang Theory where the group goes to a Renaissance Faire (or the Mazer Cup) and drinks a bit too much (actually WAY too much) and ends up doing their typical hilarious nerdy behavior stuff. Maybe Sheldon and his girl would loosen up enough to finally “do it”… but never speak of it again. Of course there would then be unspoken sexual tension between the two for the rest of the series. It plays right into their story line and would be a great promo for mead. Perhaps a guest appearance by Mr. Schramm (if he’d be willing) would help even more.

I know… BIG fantasy. Does anybody here have any connections?

Somebody has been watching way to much TV.

PitBull

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 25, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Somebody has been watching way to much TV.
Hardly. I average no more than one hour of prime time TV/day, WAY below the average, and little on the weekends (now that football season is over). I tend to watch programs that are unique and the Big Bang Theory is absolutely a novel sit-com.

Unfortunately, most (but not all) really unique shows have a short life on American TV. Shows like "V", "The Cape", and "American Dreams" were all too short-lived. It seems that cookie-cutter lawyer/police/reality/sit-coms are the norm.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Well, at least the gamer geeks know about mead now :) (I don't play skyrim but one of my friends who likes my meads posted this on my facebook page)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns