PDA

View Full Version : However did I miss this?

wildoates
03-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Just down the road (http://www.handcraftbrewing.com/index.html) from my house, waaaaay closer than the other two local shops. It'll take me ten minutes max to get there, including lights. Score!

We've got some mead to bottle, and are out of corks. Guess where we're headed this morning?

fatbloke
03-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Just down the road (http://www.handcraftbrewing.com/index.html) from my house, waaaaay closer than the other two local shops. It'll take me ten minutes max to get there, including lights. Score!

We've got some mead to bottle, and are out of corks. Guess where we're headed this morning?
It looks like its on a side road, and as "WE" know over here, you lot drive on the wrong side of the road. So easily missed.........

It's either that, or the same drug problem as me.............I don't know where to buy any either ;)
:D

wildoates
03-04-2012, 12:16 PM
We were really happy with the shop! Very friendly people, nice selection, amazingly good prices. They just had their first anniversary last week and we missed it because we didn't know about it. Dang.

We will definitely be back.

Chevette Girl
03-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm really lucky where I am, I've got two small shops within walking distance if I had to, and both are beside big malls where I do grocery shopping anyway, and a bigger and better-stocked one is on the other side of the parking lot from my dojo where I can be found four days of the week :)

Nice score!

wildoates
03-04-2012, 12:30 PM
That IS lucky. You'd think that a large metro area like this would have more brewing options, but it doesn't. Three shops, and the other two are on the other side of the county, not at all convenient for me. Giddy is how I feel with one just a few miles down highway 99. Too far to walk, but hey...this is CA, we all have cars. Can't afford to put gas in them, but we've got 'em!

Medsen Fey
03-04-2012, 01:09 PM
You'd think that a large metro area like this would have more brewing options, but it doesn't...

Heck, here in Fort Lauderdale, we don't even have ONE! I'd have to drive 45-60 minutes to the next county to get to a brew shop. Thank heavens for online ordering and places like midwest and morewine.

Chevette Girl
03-04-2012, 07:13 PM
That IS lucky. You'd think that a large metro area like this would have more brewing options, but it doesn't.

Well, mine IS the capital of the danged country, it BETTER have some stuff. But Toronto probably still has a much better selection :)

TAKeyser
03-05-2012, 10:49 PM
We have a couple real good ones around me and one shares a parking lot with my Favorite Microbrewery & Meadery "Kuhnhenn's Brewing" (10 Mazer Cup medals).

Love living in Detroit and having B Nektar and Kuhnhenn's down the street :)

Loadnabox
03-06-2012, 08:51 AM
dang, here I complained about having to drive into a podunk hippie town to get my supplies.

It's only 8 miles.

I should stop complaining :-D

The_Bishop
03-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I have a winemaking place about five minutes from me, but they're very limited in stock... Most things I'm looking for have to be ordered. Well, I can do that myself.

There's a great brewshop, but it's about a half an hour travel to get there. However, their selection is far, far better.

Whatshisface
03-06-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm pretty lucky for someone who lives out in the country, I have 2 home brew shops to go to. The first 15-20 minutes away and has good people but the prices are a little high some times. The other is 40 minutes away and next to my favorite brewery Michigan Brewery.

Hey TAKeyser I noticed that you like B. Nektar. In April they will be coming out with a cyser, they will be calling Bishops Cyser. Let me know what you think.

TAKeyser
03-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Is this Jon's friend who happened to be the originator of the Bishop's Cyser that won the competition at Ren Faire?

Things Beer is a great store but it's been a few years since I've been out that way.

Whatshisface
03-06-2012, 12:19 PM
As a matter of fact...Small world

TAKeyser
03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
From what Jon has told me I'm looking for trying the Bishop's Cyser. Maybe I'll save my Barrel Aged Cyser until Bishop's is released and compare the 2 side by side.

Whatshisface
03-06-2012, 12:39 PM
They will be definitely different because mine will have Cinnamon. I donít believe the Barrel aged has Cinnamon.

TAKeyser
03-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I was just looking for an excuse to double my drinking lol

Whatshisface
03-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Okay that's too funny....I'm glad I could help