PDA

View Full Version : It's an awful problem to have

TAKeyser
03-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Such a long day yesterday racking numerous batches. I'm to the point where every carboy that can be used is being used. 2 Traditionals, a Peach, a Mango, a Cherry, the Wheat Braggot, the Hopped mead and the Bochet all needed to be racked either into secondaries or for long term aging. It sucked since it consisted of racking 2 batches and than washing the carboys I just emptied, sanitizing them racking 2 more batches and repeating the process until finished. The JOA and the Blueberry JOAv will need to be racked soon. I need some more Carboys :(

HunnyBunz
03-26-2012, 02:51 PM
I need some more Carboys :(

That seems to be the lament of most people on this forum. :rolleyes:

TAKeyser
03-26-2012, 02:55 PM
That seems to be the lament of most people on this forum. :rolleyes:

It's sad I have some honey and empty bucket fermenters, just nothing to rack them into after fermentation. Pay day can't come soon enough.

Chevette Girl
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I've graduated from "I do not have enough carboys" to "I do not have room for more carboys!" so even payday won't help. And if I bottled everything that's ready to be be bottled (if I had enough bottles) I think I'd be running out of bottle storage room. My drinking problem: I keep forgetting to crack one open when I'm home!

HunnyBunz
03-26-2012, 04:49 PM
My drinking problem: I keep forgetting to crack one open when I'm home!

How can you forget? :confused:
If I don't have a beer shortly after I get home from work my wife asks me if I'm feeling OK. ;D

Soyala_Amaya
03-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I hoard all of my bottles till an event comes, then show up with cases for other people to drink.

Yep, I'm a brewer who drinks MAYBE once a month, probably closer to every other month. And even then it's just a glass or two.:dontknow:

TAKeyser
03-26-2012, 08:40 PM
I'll crack a beer or mead maybe 2 or 3 times a week, but I'm hoarding homebrew for the upcoming world economical collapse when alcohol will be the preferred currency.

Chevette Girl
03-26-2012, 08:55 PM
How can you forget? :confused:
If I don't have a beer shortly after I get home from work my wife asks me if I'm feeling OK. ;D

Biggest problem is I do Aikido three or four days a week so I don't get home till 9 and by then I want food NOW, and I don't want beer when I'm full... and when we have other people over, almost none of them drink. Maybe I need more friends who drink, then I'll be more inclined to, since my hubby's only interested if someone else is... I do at least try to have a glass of something on Friday nights when we usually have people over but they've got kids so they can't always escape to our place :)

skunkboy
03-26-2012, 10:25 PM
I'll crack a beer or mead maybe 2 or 3 times a week, but I'm hoarding homebrew for the upcoming world economical collapse when alcohol will be the preferred currency.

Zombie Apocalypse ... Zombies hate Belgian beer ...
Nerds love Mead ... Most everyone flees from sparkling vampires ...
Where I am going with this? :dontknow: :drunken_smilie:

Chevette Girl
03-27-2012, 10:32 AM
...the upcoming world economical collapse when alcohol will be the preferred currency.

That's kind of funny, I've paid for riding lessons with wine in the past and plan to do so in the future, and a friend last night gave me a nice bottle of 2007 red wine for doing a simple sewing project for him :)

TAKeyser
03-27-2012, 11:04 AM
That's kind of funny, I've paid for riding lessons with wine in the past and plan to do so in the future, and a friend last night gave me a nice bottle of 2007 red wine for doing a simple sewing project for him :)

See "the end" has already started :hiding: