PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming new meadery

Fool's Gold
04-20-2012, 10:18 AM
In a shocking sequence of events, a friend has, based on a sample of my home-brewed mead, started the ball rolling towards getting me established as a professional meadery. He has funded the business plan, and even found financing for the entire project pending a finished business plan.

This was my goal for 5 years from now so I am now doing all of this trial by fire style. I am super excited and hope to be the newest meadery on the market in the near future!

Cheers to all my fellow brewers out there!
And thanks to GotMead.com for all the valuable information when I was starting out.

Chevette Girl
04-20-2012, 10:33 AM
I take it you've been lurking for some time already then? Welcome to the forum! And good luck! The other folks who've gone commercial here seem to be very helpful to others who are just starting out.

Fool's Gold
04-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks Chevette, yes I have been lurking about for almost 3 years. Though i was playing under the name of meadmonkey. Fool's Gold is the name we have chosen for our meadery. I have been reading through the going pro advice for three years, and am eager for any other help people may throw my way.

Very exciting times for my family and I.

Altricious
04-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Well.... Where should we be eagerly anticipating this new meadery?

Fool's Gold
04-20-2012, 11:28 AM
We are looking at Northern Indiana in the Michiana area. Mind you it will take us a bit as the biz plan company is just now working on getting the details from me to write up our project. However pending the plan I already have $50k in funding lined up. We will be looking at brewing 1000 gallons per year, relatively small start, but still a start.

skunkboy
04-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Congrats! And near Michigan. :)

TheAlchemist
04-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Many Happy Returns of the Day!

Fool's Gold
04-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks guys, now I just have all the flaming hoops to jump through to make this happen!