PDA

View Full Version : What kind of mead says, "I hate you"?

Chevette Girl
04-24-2012, 09:42 PM
It was Meadrol's idea! (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?p=190416);D

My first suggestion would be something like really hot peppers... but subtle, so you don't realize the damage till you've swallowed too much of it for the next day to be pleasant :)

ChadK
04-24-2012, 09:43 PM
It was Meadrol's idea! (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?p=190416);D

My first suggestion would be something like really hot peppers... but subtle, so you don't realize the damage till you've swallowed too much of it for the next day to be pleasant :)

Dammit, you stole mine. :p howabout something that smells good, but ends up tasting bad. Like way too much spruce.

TAKeyser
04-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Ex-Lax Mead anyone?

Chevette Girl
04-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Spruce!! LOL!!!

Or you could chuck in something (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19453)that really has no place being in a mead (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17638), and only tell people about it on the disclaimer... but who would do that? :rolleyes:

fivecats
04-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Spruce!! LOL!!!

Or you could chuck in something (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19453)that really has no place being in a mead (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17638), and only tell people about it on the disclaimer... but who would do that? :rolleyes:

Say it in French.

ChadK
04-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Ex-Lax Mead anyone?

I bet you could make a metheglin with an herbal laxative.

ChadK
04-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Spruce!! LOL!!!

Is it sad that I've already gotten to know the personalities around here enough that I didn't even have to click those links to know what they were?

fivecats
04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Sauerkraut Mead
Pickled Anything Mead
Grapefruit Mead
Coffee Mead
Horseradish Mead
Wasabi Mead
Roadkill Mead
Spittle Mead

and on and on...

Guinlilly
04-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Sauerkraut Mead
Pickled Anything Mead
Grapefruit Mead
Coffee Mead
Horseradish Mead
Wasabi Mead
Roadkill Mead
Spittle Mead

and on and on...

Horseradish mead might make a good marinade....

TAKeyser
Coffee Mead

coffee mead is delicious

ChadK
Sauerkraut Mead
Pickled Anything Mead
Grapefruit Mead
Coffee Mead
Horseradish Mead
Wasabi Mead
Roadkill Mead
Spittle Mead

and on and on...

Haven't I seen threads here with people actually doing grapefruit and coffee meads?

ChadK
04-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Horseradish mead might make a good marinade....

I was thinking along similar lines, only about wasabi.

fivecats
04-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Haven't I seen threads here with people actually doing grapefruit and coffee meads?

I know of a Grapefruit Melomel thread. Wouldn't surprise me at all if there is a coffee mead thread here as well.

I can't stand the way either of them taste.

Riverat
04-24-2012, 09:58 PM
And grapefruit mead isn't too bad....unless.... your "friend" happens to be allergic to citris...... not that I would advocate such thinking!

fivecats
04-24-2012, 10:00 PM
And grapefruit mead isn't too bad....unless.... your "friend" happens to be allergic to citris...... not that I would advocate such thinking!

In that vein...

Poison Ivy Mead
Poison Oak Mead
Poison Sumac Mead
Antifreeze Mead

Meadrol
04-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Bahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are killing me...see what happens when I turn my back for 5 minutes? I'm really sort of digging the Ex Lax mead and the Antifreeze mead; dang, that's just evil! Could we mix those two for maximum effect?

Echostatic
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Simplest would be an 18% ABV mead, fermented dry at 85*F and bottled asap. Mix in a packet of ramen noodle flavoring if you wish.

Guinlilly
04-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Simplest would be an 18% ABV mead, fermented dry at 85*F and bottled asap. Mix in a packet of ramen noodle flavoring if you wish.

I literally gagged when reading that. lmao

Altricious
04-24-2012, 10:43 PM

"Here Rodney, have some mead."

Poison Ivy Mead
Poison Oak Mead
Poison Sumac Mead

I'm not actually allergic to Poison Ivy (probably due to continued exposure). It would be especially cruel to do that and be able to drink it safely, totally tricking your victim.

wayneb
04-24-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm not actually allergic to Poison Ivy (probably due to continued exposure). It would be especially cruel to do that and be able to drink it safely, totally tricking your victim.

Ahh... ye olde Iocaine powder trick! ;)

Soyala_Amaya
04-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Mead sweetened with aspartame when you know the person is prone to migraines...

Also, anything like these http://www.who-sucks.com/food/101-frightening-ice-cream-flavors-from-around-the-world

brian92fs
04-24-2012, 11:09 PM
In that vein...

Poison Ivy Mead
Poison Oak Mead
Poison Sumac Mead
Antifreeze Mead

Actually, Poison Oak Blossom honey is supposed to be very good... any very hard to find. I've been trying to find some for the past year with no luck.

Deacon Aegis
04-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Hmm, how about:
Durian Mead
Aftershave Mead
Soap Mead
Hunter Scent Mask Mead
Old Socks Mead
Skidmark Melomel

Mwahaha... Sorry had to jump in on this one. ;D

Chevette Girl
04-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Kraft Dinner mead?

ChadK
04-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Kraft Dinner mead?

With lots of ketchup.

fivecats
04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Kraft Dinner mead?

To mix in what a friend used to call it, how about "Kraft Macaroni and Death Mead"?

Chevette Girl
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
I mentioned this thread to friends who were over last night (we got devoured playing Arkham Horror), and one of them suggested "Ketchup!" and the other, "That concentrate for Mc Donald's Orange drink"... My husband looked up and me and said, "Squirrel."

Then I got to thinking, a teriyaki mead would probably be tasty but you'd never get me to try French's Mustard mead :puke:...

And then it hit me... Piscamel...

BrewinNColorado
04-25-2012, 11:45 AM
And then it hit me... Piscamel...

+1 for piscamel

I would do a traditional and use fish tank water.

I've had a horseradish mead, it was ok; You lose a lot of the heat from the horseradish.

I would say a horseradish/hot pepper/garlic with fish water.

I do have to ask, and I'm surprised it hasn't already been asked.... what brought this about? Are we all co-conspirators to some dastardly plan you have?

TAKeyser
04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
I do have to ask, and I'm surprised it hasn't already been asked.... what brought this about? Are we all co-conspirators to some dastardly plan you have?

It spun off of a comment made in this thread (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?p=190416)

ChadK
04-25-2012, 11:58 AM

It spun off of a comment made in this thread (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?p=190416)

I'm a little disappointed in you, TAKeyser. A question like that falls under the "When someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'YES!'" heading.

And I had to look up piscamel. :shudder:

Altricious
04-25-2012, 12:01 PM

Well, if you're going all the way to poop mead, then I recommend using rabbit poop. Just the nice hard ones. They're easy to handle and full of vitamins. I suspect it wouldn't even be harmful to drink, just earthy gross.

You could call it Lepusumel or any poop mead could be Copromel.

TAKeyser
04-25-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm a little disappointed in you, TAKeyser. A question like that falls under the "When someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'YES!'" heading.

Usually, but I had to spread the word of the over-reaching of Government power to control the alcohol that I can drink (seeing that we have a free-market economy I should be allowed to go to the market and freely choose what I drink even if the bottle says a "naughty" word and everyone else should keep their children out of the liquor store)

ChadK
04-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Usually, but I had to spread the word of the over-reaching of Government power to control the alcohol that I can drink (seeing that we have a free-market economy I should be allowed to go to the market and freely choose what I drink even if the bottle says a "naughty" word and everyone else should keep their children out of the liquor store)

Well, I know when my son was younger, my choice was get berated as a bad father for leaving him in the car or get berated as a bad father for bringing him in with me. I chose the latter. But of course, I don't get my knickers in a twist over the occasional "bad word." (he's heard worse from my mouth)

Meadrol
04-25-2012, 12:18 PM
All of the poop suggestions fall under my original idea of Tastes Like Ass Braggot; I love it! Instead of rabbit poo, though, I'd have to go with either dog poop or cow patties to really get a huge nose right up front.

TAKeyser
04-25-2012, 12:22 PM
But of course, I don't get my knickers in a twist over the occasional "bad word." (he's heard worse from my mouth)

but there's the difference, you understand that something in that store may not be inappropriate for a little one.

Last movie I actually went to see in the theater was the remake of Halloween and on the way out there was a mom with her son, who was 10 at the most complaining how the movie wasn't appropriate for her son. No shit lady that was why it was rated R. Some adults have no common sense and the rest of us shouldn't be penalized for the stupidity of others.

Don't mess with my Alcohol!!! (sorry the original news article was the banning or a delicious Michigan made beer, which pissed me off and then someone linked to a story of Michigan banning a beer from Flying Dog and I like the Flying Dog beers that I've tried so that pissed me off)

TAKeyser
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
All of the poop suggestions fall under my original idea of Tastes Like Ass Braggot; I love it! Instead of rabbit poo, though, I'd have to go with either dog poop or cow patties to really get a huge nose right up front.

Yeah but than they wouldn't try it. You have to be deceptive with it ;D

veritas
04-25-2012, 12:32 PM
I say a heavy warfarin mead says I hate you!

And a big thumbs up to the princess bride reference wayne!

ChadK
04-25-2012, 12:41 PM
but there's the difference, you understand that something in that store may not be inappropriate for a little one.

Last movie I actually went to see in the theater was the remake of Halloween and on the way out there was a mom with her son, who was 10 at the most complaining how the movie wasn't appropriate for her son. No shit lady that was why it was rated R. Some adults have no common sense and the rest of us shouldn't be penalized for the stupidity of others.

And women like that are why the government feels like they need to parent my kid for me. I'm sorry, but if you get 10 different sets of parents in a room, you are going to find 10 different theories on parenting and 10 different levels of comfort with content. then if each set of parents had 2 kids, you are going to have 20 different personalities that can handle different levels of content. There is no "one size fits all" gauge of what is appropriate for all children! Let me parent my child and I won't tell you how to parent yours. (I don't know if it's available online, but Stephen King has a great essay about this very thing where he talks about how, for one of his children, Bambi was scarier than any movie based on his books.)

fivecats
04-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Gov'ment Mead

ChadK
04-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Gov'ment Mead

Money Mead.

Altricious
04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Money Mead.

Oh, that would be gross. Find all the dirtiest coins you can and put them in the mead.

Meadrol
04-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Gov'ment Mead

Haha, that one really WOULD taste like ass!

Meadrol
04-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah but than they wouldn't try it. You have to be deceptive with it ;D

Can ya tell that subtlety really isn't one of my strong points?

Echostatic
04-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Industrial mead. Here's the ingredients!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/echostatic/b1b86b54.jpg

ChadK
04-25-2012, 01:21 PM

Wouldn't that be less an "I hate you" than an "I want to kill you?"

Howabout we just skip right to a cyanide mead? >:D

Meadrol
04-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Wouldn't that be less an "I hate you" than an "I want to kill you?" >:D

Oh...there's a difference? :o

Chevette Girl
04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
And women like that are why the government feels like they need to parent my kid for me. I'm sorry, but if you get 10 different sets of parents in a room, you are going to find 10 different theories on parenting and 10 different levels of comfort with content. then if each set of parents had 2 kids, you are going to have 20 different personalities that can handle different levels of content. There is no "one size fits all" gauge of what is appropriate for all children! Let me parent my child and I won't tell you how to parent yours. (I don't know if it's available online, but Stephen King has a great essay about this very thing where he talks about how, for one of his children, Bambi was scarier than any movie based on his books.)

Each kid is different too, my brother used to watch horror movies with my dad where at that same age, looking at pictures (and I mean drawings, not photographs) of animals baring their teeth would give me nightmares... what's good/appropriate for one kid may be totally wrong for another. And I'm glad I never saw Bambi as a young child or I'd have been scarred for life. Grimm's fairy tales were bad enough once I was old enough to read them myself, although thankfully by that point I was over the nightmares thing.

And rabbits are lagomorphs, so maybe it would be a lagomel?

HunnyBunz
04-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Gov'ment Mead

Haha, that one really WOULD taste like ass!

Find a way to serve it at all political campaigns and election fund raisers!

Altricious
04-25-2012, 02:38 PM
And rabbits are lagomorphs, so maybe it would be a lagomel?

Well, that's another choice, but lepus is latin for hare and I'm more fond of it. Probably because of this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069005/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/echostatic/b1b86b54.jpg

Wouldn't most of those kill the yeast before it could ferment? That's less mead and more industrial solvent.

ChadK
04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Wouldn't most of those kill the yeast before it could ferment? That's less mead and more industrial solvent.

Don't go bringing science into a revenge fantasy thread.

skunkboy
04-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Miracle fruit mead, made with a lot of acid added it? :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/28/dining/28flavor.html

Altricious
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Don't go bringing science into a revenge fantasy thread.

Revenge fantasies? Are we about to expand into abduction and torture?

Chevette Girl
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Oi! Stay on the correct side of that line or the mods will rightfully stomp us.

TAKeyser
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Are we about to expand into abduction and torture?

only if Chevette Girl continues to insist on drinking decaf instant coffee :rolleyes:

Altricious
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM

*points* He started it! ;)

wayneb
04-25-2012, 03:44 PM

Ahem... yeah, it is gettin' kind of close, even for the Hive.

Time for a disclaimer: Neither Gotmead nor anyone participating in this thread to the knowledge of Gotmead actually endorses attempts to make mead with any of the ingredients listed in this thread. Do not try any of these at home.... :p

Classick
04-25-2012, 03:45 PM

that actually sounds good make a traditional then toss in the chili packet

Altricious
04-25-2012, 03:54 PM

Are we going with Chicken, Beef or Shrimp?

Meadrol
04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Are we going with Chicken, Beef or Shrimp?

Depends...which one is the worst?

Meadrol
04-25-2012, 06:13 PM
I wonder how a cabbage and fishstick weirdomel would taste? Would fishsticks turn it into a fleshomel?

Meadrol
04-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Hey Wayne, tell the truth...how many of the ingredients listed so far made into And The Kitchen Sink?

ChadK
04-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Hey Wayne, tell the truth...how many of the ingredients listed so far made into And The Kitchen Sink?

Actually, I'm crazy enough that a couple of the suggestions here have made me go "hmmm... you know, that might actually not be half bad...."

Meadrol
04-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Actually, I'm crazy enough that a couple of the suggestions here have made me go "hmmm... you know, that might actually not be half bad...."

I'm kinda hoping that the ones tempting you weren't in the industrial solvent category! ;D

ChadK
04-25-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm kinda hoping that the ones tempting you weren't in the industrial solvent category! ;D

You'll just have to wait to find out.... 8)

Meadrol
04-25-2012, 08:01 PM
You'll just have to wait to find out.... 8)

Heh! I'll wait, but I don't plan to taste and find out :p

Echostatic
04-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Actually I don't think anything in the industrial mead would kill you... But you would sure wish you were dead, probably.

Also, I think the fire ant mead I made a thread about would probably fit into this category... I still need to make that.

wayneb
04-25-2012, 10:19 PM

Truly... a couple. But none from the picture! ;D

Chevette Girl
04-25-2012, 10:24 PM
I've been meaning for some time to make a weirdomel that includes a small amount of mustard powder and some marshmallows...

skunkboy
04-25-2012, 10:30 PM

No you would want to find some butryic acid... eyuk!

Fisk Jaegaren
04-25-2012, 11:26 PM
I wonder how a cabbage and fishstick weirdomel would taste? Would fishsticks turn it into a fleshomel?

Fish sticks would be for wimps, try some surstromming (sp?) and get back to me. If you could manage to choke one piece down you may be able to handle doing something else with it, but I doubt making it into a mead would be on anyone's list.

fivecats
04-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Fish sticks would be for wimps, try some surstromming (sp?) and get back to me. If you could manage to choke one piece down you may be able to handle doing something else with it, but I doubt making it into a mead would be on anyone's list.

Gifelte Mead?

Chevette Girl
04-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Gifelte Mead?

You know, I was just thinking the same thing when I read about fishsticks...:rolleyes: although it probably also qualifies as a piscamel. Bleah.

akueck
04-26-2012, 05:21 PM
This is hilarious.

How about tons of cloves? Your whole mouth would go numb, and (speaking from personal experience) other things go numb the next day...

Or instead of ex-lax, just include tons of soluble fiber. Dissolves clear, tasteless, adds nice body! ;D

Anything fermented hot would give you a wicked hangover. Combine that with the aspartame idea to mask the nasty taste and you're good! Even better, combine that with the fiber and you'd have to get out of bed over and over while being horribly hung over. Ouch.

Fisk Jaegaren
04-26-2012, 09:41 PM
This is hilarious.

How about tons of cloves? Your whole mouth would go numb, and (speaking from personal experience) other things go numb the next day...

Or instead of ex-lax, just include tons of soluble fiber. Dissolves clear, tasteless, adds nice body! ;D

Anything fermented hot would give you a wicked hangover. Combine that with the aspartame idea to mask the nasty taste and you're good! Even better, combine that with the fiber and you'd have to get out of bed over and over while being horribly hung over. Ouch.

If any of you ever want to offer me a drink,...thanks, I'll pass
:pottytrain2:

skunkboy
04-27-2012, 12:04 AM
This is hilarious.

I make a mead with 2 tablespoons of cloves in a one gallon batch. Makes a nice sweet mead, after it ages about two years...if you like cloves :)

Chevette Girl
04-27-2012, 12:54 AM
I make a mead with 2 tablespoons of cloves in a one gallon batch. Makes a nice sweet mead, after it ages about two years...if you like cloves :)

Dammit, there's another one for the list...

Wijnand
05-04-2012, 08:36 AM
How about Brussels sprouts or any cabbage? Not very subtle I guess, but the moment you sniff the mead you get a good nose full of the wonderful smell cabbage produces.

The pepper suggestions made me think of Essacher Luft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Q7SpDKHJg Smooth when you drink it, but then it comes back kicking! (Especially when you get some on your lips, I know from experience. :-X )

Medsen Fey
05-05-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm thinking a sweet, sack-strength, prune melomel with a lot of fusels would have someone getting the message the next morning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TheAlchemist
05-06-2012, 03:53 AM
Ahh... ye olde Iocaine powder trick! ;)

Princess Bride! Most quotable film of all time.

Altricious
05-06-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm thinking a sweet, sack-strength, prune melomel with a lot of fusels would have someone getting the message the next morning.

This brings to mind a question, will fining agents remove soluble fiber?

akueck
05-06-2012, 09:00 AM
You don't want your hate-mead to be clear, do you? I think cloudy and served in a dark glass is much more appropriate. ;D

If the fiber is charged, it might get pulled out by a fining agent (depends on the relative charges of course). Do we know if it's charged when in solution?

Altricious
05-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Well, you might want to camouflage your hate-mead.

The question was really in general though.

Undead
05-07-2012, 02:38 AM
The prune mead sounds cool, but I found someplace online where you can get dried ghost peppers so it will burn going in and coming out.

fivecats
05-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Montezuma's Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Revenge Mead

(aka "Hot & Trotts Mead")