PDA

View Full Version : Last bottle

veritas
05-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Im going to open my last bottle of mead tonight. A raspberry Mel with 4 years on it. I have 35 gallons of mead bulk ageing in different carboys and what not. A good amount of it ready to bottle. But this is it for whats bottled!

TheAlchemist
05-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Sounds like it's bottling time!

TAKeyser
05-31-2012, 09:24 PM
At least you have some stuff ready to bottle. A couple years ago I knew I would be moving so I was drinking my supply and not making anything new. The move kept getting delayed so I ran out of mead and am just now getting a supply once again. I hated running out!

veritas
05-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Bottling time indeed. Like most people I have a sharing problem that cuts into the stash. But then again half the fun is sharing the stuff with those who appreciate it!

Medsen Fey
06-02-2012, 02:50 PM
My production has been cut way, way down for the last 8 months since a job change. If something doesn't change, I'm headed for trouble (Fortunately I have some large batches aging, otherwise it would be a crisis!). I'm planning a braggot in the next few weeks so maybe that will help.

veritas
06-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Making waynebs braggot has been a good time its always nice to have something that progresses so fast. Braggot the instant gratification of meads.

TAKeyser
06-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I really need to get my Wheat Braggot into the bottles soon.

Chevette Girl
06-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Hydromels can be good and quick too...

veritas
06-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Bottled the braggot and a cranberry mel. Roughly 13 gallons in bottles. So looks like were back in business!

Echostatic
06-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Hydromels can be good and quick too...

Not if the lees bubble for months like mine... -.-

Chevette Girl
06-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Not if the lees bubble for months like mine... -.-

I've had about three in 140+ batches that just kept bubbling for no good reason...

Valhalla Mead
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
At least you have some stuff ready to bottle. A couple years ago I knew I would be moving so I was drinking my supply and not making anything new. The move kept getting delayed so I ran out of mead and am just now getting a supply once again. I hated running out!

Where's all the mead gone!!!!!!!?????

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Riverat
06-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Well I'm just the opposite of my last bottle!
Started my first batch Feb 2011 and just bottled my it and the second batch, A vanilla infused wildflower (VVM) and a really big blueberry (Babe) both of which exceeded my expectations..So (not including some JAO's) I'm on my first bottle!
....Now to finish that wine rack...

Soyala_Amaya
06-12-2012, 10:03 PM

Fortunately, this is why you get friends with basements who are addicted to what you make. I could probably take over several different people's homes if it kept the mead flowing at this point!

TAKeyser
06-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Fortunately, this is why you get friends with basements who are addicted to what you make. I could probably take over several different people's homes if it kept the mead flowing at this point!

That would have worked if I had been staying in the same area, but wasn't feasible in a cross-country move. This last time I moved was only 4 miles so I just packed the carboys in the car and drove carefully.

skunkboy
06-17-2012, 05:55 PM

I'm guessing your evaporation rate would go way up, if you started to use other people's basements... :)