PDA

View Full Version : calm before the storm

skålduggery
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
First post! I love that new thread smell...

Should be receiving the rest of my equipment today/tomorrow. I plan on beginning the insanity this weekend, and just thought it would be rude to start begging for help before introducing myself. Sooo...

Hello.

Also wanted to thank everyone for all of the info and knowledge on this site. You are all responsible for empowering an itching curiousity that is now making much more efficient use of the guest closet!

I'm guessing panic should hit mid-Sunday. See you then. and thanks in advance.

wildoates
06-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Ah, but think of the pleasure the adrenaline will give you. :)

Welcome to GM and have fun with your new hobby...there is a lot of useful brain power available to you here, and you're smart to take advantage of it now, rather than later. It'll be fine, you'll love it.

:drunken_smilie:

Deacon Aegis
06-20-2012, 12:31 PM
First post! I love that new thread smell...

Should be receiving the rest of my equipment today/tomorrow. I plan on beginning the insanity this weekend, and just thought it would be rude to start begging for help before introducing myself. Sooo...

Hello.

Also wanted to thank everyone for all of the info and knowledge on this site. You are all responsible for empowering an itching curiousity that is now making much more efficient use of the guest closet!

I'm guessing panic should hit mid-Sunday. See you then. and thanks in advance.

Greetings and well met; welcome to Got Mead! I'm rather new here myself, but the place lives up to its name as a haven for friendly and helpful folks. Welcome to the addiction which requires a tremendous level of patience, and remember, "Don't Panic".... A towel is also surprisingly helpful in these endeavours as well.... (I amuse myself, hehe) Anyway, have fun and we look forward to seeing how your first brew goes.

wayneb
06-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Welcome aboard "Gotmead," mate! We await your "panic" with high anticipation - we've all been there, and we're here to help if/when you need us!

hepcat
06-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Welcome aboard "Gotmead," mate! We await your "panic" with high anticipation - we've all been there, and we're here to help if/when you need us!

Until you ask for a recipe, lol. Couldn't resist.:cool:

Chevette Girl
06-20-2012, 11:40 PM

Right. Then we'll gently steer you to the forum search function. But welcome, nonetheless!

wayneb
06-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Well, there also is that "Patron" thing... but if we didn't offer something as an incentive to contribute, then poor Vicky would have to front the entire cost of this site out of pocket. It ain't cheap to keep the world's best meadmaking site up and running, you know.