PDA

View Full Version : Milk Labels

veritas
07-01-2012, 10:57 PM
I had always read about and heard about using milk to hold on your labels. Sounded like a neat idea I was getting tired of trying to clean off sticker backed label paper but still wanted and enjoyed the presentation of having a label. Tried it on a couple as a test run and sure enough it worked slick. Then I took twenty some labels and applied them with milk. hours later they all are just falling off.... LOL not sure what I did different or what happened oh well. Kinda funny though.

kudapucat
07-02-2012, 04:48 AM
They wont hold up to any amount of condensation. Is it possible they were cool, brought into a warmer environment?

veritas
07-02-2012, 10:39 AM
I put them on in a room that was air conditioned to around 74 being in the 90's outside. Its no matter really I wont bother with the milk again. I will most likely try to re-apply these with a glue stick or some such thing. I will still use label paper for gifted bottles. I just intend to use a plain paper label with a more easily removed adhesive product for at home.

akueck
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Glue stick works pretty well for me, and isn't too bad to remove. Elmer's is good too, though harder to get an even coat with and it will bleed through some papers.

veritas
07-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Glue stick works pretty well for me, and isn't too bad to remove. Elmer's is good too, though harder to get an even coat with and it will bleed through some papers.

Nice thats my new plan!