PDA

View Full Version : Mead Demonstration-Help?

JSquared
07-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Greetings and salty carnations...er salutations.

NHA Mead day is coming up and I have partnered with a local brewery here in Tucson, AZ to do a demonstration on our favorite beverage. See! (http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2012/07/27/would-you-like-to-drink-good-beer-and-learn-about-mead)

My question is: Anyone here happen to have a handout, or notes already made up from a previous demo/lecture on mead they would be willing to share? I obviously could type up some handout information, but I thought I would see if anyone had something already, as to not have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Oskaar
08-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Dude, I normally work from my recipe sheets and add in the process, methods and techniques I use based on the recipe I am presenting.

I generally include:

1. Setup - Getting your equipment, honeypad (workspace for your meadmaking), ingredients and recipe sheets together

2. Process - How you're going to make your mead and why you do it the way you do

3. Methodology - Explain and demonstrate the actual series of steps you use to make the mead

4. Techniques - Drilling down on the granular detail of your methodology for each step and the overall process, the ingredients and matching yeast to honey, honey to style, and style to category

5. Post processing - Managing the fermentation, racking, aging, treatments and bulk storage vs. bottling

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

I hope that helps,

Cheers,

Oskaar

JSquared
08-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Thanks Oskarr,
THats kind of what I have planned. I'll post my handout sometime this weekend and a little review on how things went. Wish me luck!

Soyala_Amaya
08-04-2012, 10:31 AM
The couple of workshops I've been to always seem to go over better if there's samples ;D People like samples