PDA

View Full Version : Announcements, with apologies...

ken_schramm
08-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Well, I've been absent from these parts for a while, and I have to say I apologize for that. I've looked in here some, but I kept myself from getting involved in threads, because this can be addicting (as some of you know all too well). I've had my head down some, and I have taken a hiatus from discussion boards as a way to keep myself on track with starting a meadery. It's going to be called "Schramm's Mead" and it's going to be located in Metropolitan Detroit. I am going to try to make mead that is as good as the stuff I make at home. Quality will be our watchword. I hope some people will buy it. I think there is at least a decent chance of that, or I wouldn't be doing this.

We had hoped to get a place rented this week, get my licensing underway, and be open around Christmas. That's probably not going to happen now, though. I am going in Wednesday to have heart bypass surgery, and I'll be out of commission for a month or so.

I'll be back, and I'll be posting here once I get out of the hospital and on my feet. My daughter, Alyson, will also be looking in, and you may hear from her, too. Cut her some slack - she's new here. She's the Operations Manager. You'll probably be meeting her at the Mazer Cup this year.

I love this board and the people here, and I am really looking forward to getting this meadery going. Putting a book in someone's hands is one thing, but putting a good glass of mead in their hand is a whole 'nother level of service that I look forward to very much.

Yours,
Ken

Medsen Fey
08-03-2012, 07:02 PM
I can only speak for myself, but as far as I'm concerned, no apologies are needed.

I think it sounds great for a mead crafter with your level of skill to produce commercially. I wish you much success.

Sorry to hear you have to go under the knife. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Riverat
08-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Ditto on the quick recovery (listen to your Doc!) Hurry back and let us know when we can support your products!

Chevette Girl
08-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Good luck with both the endeavours. I hope the surgery goes well and your recovery is swift!

And you know we're always nice to new folks, we'll keep our eyes open for Alyson ;D

JSquared
08-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Many wishes for a speedy recovery. Don't push yourself too much, too soon, and excited to see what comes from the meadery.

TheAlchemist
08-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Keep thee safe.
Thanks for checking in with us
And all the best in your mazing adventures.

Oskaar
08-04-2012, 02:31 AM
Hey Ken,

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is looking forward to Schramm's Mead!

Anyone involved with or starting up a meadery can understand and appreciate the amount of time and work it takes to get a commercial meadery up and running.

More importantly you have to be healthy to do so, and you need to know that your GotMead familia are behind you 110% in support of your upcoming surgery and getting back on track with your commercial meadery.

Take care, heal fast and don't forget to spindle, fold and mutilate whenever possible!

Your mead buddy, Pete!

akueck
08-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Speedy recovery Ken!

The meadery is very exciting. Detroit seems to be the new mead mecca, I'll have to plan a pilgrimage. :cheers:

skunkboy
08-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Also wishing you a speedy recovery!

fivecats
08-04-2012, 11:40 AM
The best of all good wishes to you, sir! May your recovery be swift and may the Meadery be triumphantly successful!

Noe Palacios
08-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Master Mazer... may God guide the surgeon's hands and bring you back to us as soon as your recovery allows.

Un abrazo,

ken_schramm
08-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I've got a great surgeon (Jean works in the OR, and she knows first hand who has the chops), so I am feeling as good as you can about things like this. I wonder if they let me have a mead or a Pinot Noir with dinner. I know they do in French hospitals. No matter how I feel about their other policies, they got that part right.

TheAlchemist
08-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Bring on the SchramMead!

motomeader
08-06-2012, 02:14 PM
congrats!

i'm excited to hear more about the Schrammery!

dave_witt
08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Good luck with your surgery and recovery. :)

BBBF
08-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery. I can't wait to try your mead.

Vandall
08-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Good luck with your surgery, may God guide your surgeon's hands. I anxiously look forward to visiting your meadery when it is up and running.

Good luck and Congratulations.

jkane
08-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Sending positive thoughts on your surgery. Best of luck on the meadery too.

Hope you don't mind if I/we share the new meadery news.

ken_schramm
08-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Sending positive thoughts on your surgery. Best of luck on the meadery too.

Hope you don't mind if I/we share the new meadery news.

Heck no, Jeff. Tell the world. I actually want to sell some of the stuff. I usually don't like resorting to shameless self promotion, but I guess some of that may be required.

Ken

Penguinetti
08-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't think your self-promotion should be of the 'shameless' sort. It's like my old coach used to say:

"It ain't cocky if you can back it up". He was talking about his son, not me. I couldn't back it up.

In any respect, good luck with the surgery, good luck with the meadery (I know I can't wait), and as my abuela used to say,

"Que Dios te bendiga".

TheAlchemist
08-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Bring on the shameless self promotion!
I hope you're gonna have a web site...that will allow out-of-state customers to buy on line...

Riverat
08-09-2012, 08:59 PM
I hope you're gonna have a web site...that will allow out-of-state customers to buy on line...

Here Here!!!
;D;D;D

Penguinetti
08-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Definitely. DEFINITELY have a website for out-of-staters...

I don't want to have to wait for the distribution center here to finally okay selling your goods in an obscure country store.

Chevette Girl
08-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Very exciting, although I suspect I'm probably SOL... out of state is one thing, out of country? ...

Altricious
08-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Very exciting, although I suspect I'm probably SOL... out of state is one thing, out of country? ...

I guess you'll just have to find someone on this side of the border to accept your deliveries.

Soyala_Amaya
08-10-2012, 03:41 PM

Thirded, fourthed, fifted, and infinitied! Mmmmm mead.

Penguinetti
08-10-2012, 06:15 PM

I guess you'll just have to find someone on this side of the border to accept your deliveries.

I will gladly offer up my residential address for this.

Chevette Girl
08-11-2012, 12:20 AM
<grin> Many thanks for the offer, but in theory my mom should be able to bring stuff back for me, she imported her husband from Londonderry, New Hamster ;D and they're back and forth visiting his friends all the time. In theory. I'm still waiting on the Hamilton Beach grill plates that cost $13 for the pair there and $20 each here...