PDA

View Full Version : This is Why I'm Marrying Him

Soyala_Amaya
08-09-2012, 11:31 AM
This is word for word (with a few edits for cuss words and such) a conversation I had with my fiance last night over yahoo.
Me: Ken Schramm jut had heart surgery
Him: HOLY
Me: ?
Him: what kind?
Me: ...do you...even know who he is?
Him: yes, the mead maker, heart of darknes. I figured there was someting about it on your boards
Me: huh
Him: huh what?
Me: I didn't know you'd know the name. Anyway, heart bypass
Him: ouch, that's rough, but we've talked about ken schramm before
Me: he's important and intriguing to me
Him: that I know
Me: doesn't mean it means anything to you
Him: *kisses* you mean alot to me, and despite the normal concept of a boyfriend, I actually do listen to and retain alot of what you tell me
Me: ...just so you know, I don't retain crap about your 40k models even though I do listen
Him: and i don't expect you to, my dearest love. But knowing my luck, I'm gonna be the first one of us to go senile, and we're gonna be screwed
Me: I love you

ZwolfUpir
08-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Isn't it surprising when men listen and pick up on thing, the real important thing, when a woman talks. ...But more to the point, what army does he play for 40k? ;)

dave_witt
08-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Good man. ;-)

Soyala_Amaya
08-09-2012, 12:56 PM
He says craftworld eldar...I like the little velociraptors he uses instead of jetbikes. It's about the only thing I know about the army. Dinosaurs! Rawr!

Chevette Girl
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah, you've totally got a good one there :)

And in my own case, it's surprising how much he's picked up about brewing, horses and Chevettes over the years, and how much about GM-ing, strategic wargames, his computer games I don't play, and board game design that I've picked up from him :p

We paint non-40k Warhammer minis together. It's something we got into because we both like doing it and we have too many other hobbies that keep us away from each other. We almost have enough of several armies now to put something on the table, but I'm more interested in painting than playing :) One of my rattie musicians wears the Cone of Shame for chewing on his bell and I made a yellow and pink spider mount for a goblin look really mean (have you seen the pink spiders that hide in wild roses? They're scary).

Matrix4b
08-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Isn't it surprising when men listen and pick up on thing, the real important thing, when a woman talks. ...But more to the point, what army does he play for 40k? ;)

Yet one more comment that makes me feel that I am different that the average man. I listen to my wife all the time and retain what she says. She sometimes huffs a bit, thinking that I am not listening when I screw up a bit because I didn't actually hear the words she said. But then combaired to her hearing, I am deaf. She's got elf ears. Me, slightly less than normal and sometimes easily confused by background noise. I guess I need to upgrade my sound filters and sound amplifiers. Or get a better spell to cast for sound enhancement.

Has anyone managed to prefect "Summon Waitstaff" spell?

Hee hee.

Matrix

Soyala_Amaya
08-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Yet one more comment that makes me feel that I am different that the average man. I listen to my wife all the time and retain what she says. Matrix

I know he really does listen to me (it's one reason he's making the change from boyfriend to fiance) but this one just shocked me. It was a name of an author and mead crafter that we talked about once, maybe twice, because we were discussing whether or not we could conscience the money for a bottle of heart of darkness this year. I figured he'd remember the mead, but not the man who made it, it was that little bit that shocked me.

I mostly posted the story to show support for Ken and make people smile

TheAlchemist
08-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I mostly posted the story to show support for Ken and make people smile

Ah.
Success.

Chevette Girl
08-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Ah.
Success.

Indeed! :)

Matrix4b
08-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Ah.
Success.

Agreed!

Matrix

ken_schramm
08-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Tell him I said, "Thanks!"

Next time I have a bottle in your vicinity, you both get a solid pour.

Ken

Oskaar
08-17-2012, 01:29 PM
To me it's all:

Her: Blah blah blah blah "Pete" blah blah blah blah "mead" blah blah "dinner" blah blah blah "are you listening to me?"

Me: "Why yes, yes I am. Did you do something with your hair?"

Her: "I hate you" blah blah blah blah

Me: "Yes dear"

(with tongue firmly in cheek)

Penguinetti
08-17-2012, 01:51 PM
To me it's all:

Her: Blah blah blah blah "Pete" blah blah blah blah "mead" blah blah "dinner" blah blah blah "are you listening to me?"

Me: "Why yes, yes I am. Did you do something with your hair?"

Her: "I hate you" blah blah blah blah

Me: "Yes dear"

(with tongue firmly in cheek)

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa....

who's this 'Pete' fella? Is she running around on you? Do you need us to take care of someone for you?

Oskaar
08-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa....

who's this 'Pete' fella? Is she running around on you? Do you need us to take care of someone for you?

LOL, thanks for being there man!

It's like I always say to my friends, "the Bakulic men always have the last two words in every argument (Yes Dear!).

Cheers,

Oskaar

Soyala_Amaya
08-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Hey! They liked it! (With some majoy editing, lol)
http://notalwaysromantic.com/inter-mead-iary-interests/22962