PDA

View Full Version : Mead the the Wedding

Guinlilly
10-15-2012, 05:12 PM
BrimmingHorn and I got married this weekend! Yay!!!

And here we are...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Guinlilly/Wedding019.jpg

But I'm also writing 'cause I wanted to show you guys the mead we made for the wedding (We had two meads we made, an Irish Red Ale that he made, and plenty of DFH)

The first is Weiss Frau, a Müller-Thurgau pyment with added Elderflowers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Guinlilly/Wedding010.jpg

The second is Donar's Blessing, a Cabernet Franc pyment aged on oak
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Guinlilly/Wedding011.jpg

Beautiful, aren't they? Unfortunately guests got wine bottle happy and ended up taking most of the leftovers. We have 2 bottles of Donar's Blessing left to age, and perhaps 4 of the Weiss Frau. Most seemed to prefer the Donar's Blessing!

akueck
10-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Awesome and Congrats!

TheAlchemist
10-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Congratulations with Many Happy Returns of the Day!

It looks like you had a lovely day, in one of Delaware's unbeatable State Parks?

May your meads and your marriage age well!

dave_witt
10-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Congrats :-)

skunkboy
10-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Congratulations!

Chevette Girl
10-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Congrats! Both you and your meads look awesome! :)

Guinlilly
10-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Congratulations with Many Happy Returns of the Day!

It looks like you had a lovely day, in one of Delaware's unbeatable State Parks?

May your meads and your marriage age well!

Yes! It was at Trap Pond State Park!

Thanks everybody! :D

THawk
10-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Congrats! Best of luck to you both on your new adventure!

fatbloke
10-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Ditto the sentiment of the others. Well done both, but with a tiny bit of jealousy.

Cabernet Franc eh ?. We can't locate any source for those grapes, and for my preferred red wines I do enjoy the likes of St Emillion, Chateau Neuf du Pape, etc.

So the closest I've managed is the Merlot and Tempranillo pyments that I pressed on Sunday and I started the Syrah/Shiraz pyment last night.

Still, good on yer both.

schlapppy
10-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Congrats! And remember mead for your honeymoon

"In Celtic cultures, Mead was believed to enhance virility and fertility, while also contributing supposed aphrodisiac qualities. As a result, Mead quickly found its way into Irish wedding ceremonies. In fact, the term “honeymoon” is believed to have stemmed from the Irish tradition of newlyweds drinking honey wine everyday for one full moon (a month) after their weddings. Today, some Irish weddings still include a traditional Mead toast to the newlyweds as a fair tribute to times and well wishes of both old and new."

wildoates
10-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Yayayayayayayaay!

Many congratulations for a long and happy marriage!

triarchy
10-16-2012, 08:18 PM
"North, East, South, and West,
offering you blessings wherever you go"

Well done, you two look great and the setting is beautiful. Here is to a long and happy marriage. And I have to say your guests are quite lucky, anybody can buy wine for a wedding but few get to try mead from the bride and grooms own hand.

WyldWytch
10-25-2012, 04:29 PM
...wishing you both many happy years of love, luck and health.

Rosie