Scarab1
12-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Please be gentle. Complete newbie.
DATA:
48 oz Cherry Pom Concentrate
3 lb Cali Orange Bloss Hny
48 oz Spring water
5g EC-1118 (LAL)
--All liquids were heated and mixed..never brought to boil. I do not know exact temp do not have thermometer--

Would guesstimate 90 F and got a measurement off the charts and would guess by visual to be 1.176.

What am I to expect?
Is there any adjustments I should make before it goes too far?

Thanks
Steve

YogiBearMead726
12-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Did you by chance take a gravity reading of the concentrate and water mixture before adding honey? From the looks of the recipe, you've only got 96oz of liquid other than honey in there, and I'm assuming the concentrate had a decent SG.

I would bump up the volume with some more water to bring it somewhere in the 1.110-1.120 range. That should be a much easier must for the yeast to ferment in.

Scarab1
12-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Thank you for the quick response. If i left it as is what would be the approx outcome with no contamination? Looking to go a month before rack.

No,i did not get a reading with water and concentrate only.

kudapucat
12-09-2012, 05:43 PM
What you have is a 'high gravity must'
Whilst its possible to ferment it and have some residual sweetness with EC-1118, one of two things will happen
A. Very high alcohol content
B. Stalled out ferment.

Yeast will have trouble getting started under all that pressure.
The yeast may throw nasty flavours.
If it stalls out early, you'll have an over sweet brew.
If it ferments out, you'll have a high alcohol, hot brew, that will take years to mellow out.

There are techniques for brewing something this heavy, but 'chuck it all in and wait' is not one of them.
Suggest you water it down to 1.130 at least, then back sweeten after ferment.

Scarab1
12-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Thank you for the additional info. Will attempt to add water to get it there now.

Edit - Added 40oz water and now at 1.140 still way too high?

fatbloke
12-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Not mega high but a drop of 133 point gravity is equivalent to 18% ABVand given that yyou've use a cherry fruit base its liable to taste like very alcoholic cough medicine for a long time.

I'd take some out (pint or two), reserve that (in fridge with a quarter of campden tablet) let the rest down further and then ferment dry. Then use the reserved bit for topping up/back sweetening later on.

Scarab1
12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I am very new to this so I am not sure I want to pull some out to hold on to so I added 14oz water and am now at 1.127.

102 total oz of water..... can i leave this be for a week or so now?

kudapucat
12-09-2012, 07:43 PM
yeah, FatBloke's idea was good, but you can backsweeten with anything.
Let it go now, and ask about backsweetening when it's finished.
You'll need some Potassium Sorbate and Potassium Metabisulphate from your LHBS

Scarab1
12-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Ok, when should I check on it next? AND
When is 'done' ?

I have both of those from LD CARLSON
1oz Sorbate
100 tabs Meta

kudapucat
12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
You have a hydrometer I recall reading, so take a reading regularly. (weekly will do)
When it stays the same for three weeks, it's done.
Due to the particulars of this particular brew, you can expect it to finish below 1.000
Now be patient ;-)

kudapucat
12-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Also, try to use metric, it makes it much easier. SG=kg/litres
Plus, we non-Americans don't know how much 100 Oz is. Even if we do recall, we only know the UK versions.

Scarab1
12-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks for all the great info. Lol
102 oz is about 3 liters...sorry did not realize it. Thanks again will check back when it quits on me

Scarab1
12-11-2012, 10:52 AM
DAY 2 - I am seeing about 12 bubbles per minute this morning. There is a definate odor being emitted.

Is the CO2 being produced something to worry about in a small apartment or am I just being crazy?
***I have a pet that roams the floors so just thought I would ask.***

kudapucat
12-11-2012, 11:23 AM
CO2 has no odour.
Can you describe the smell?

(your pet will be fine)

Scarab1
12-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I guess I would say the odor is like a doughy fruit bread kind of odor. (Sorry that is the best I can do)

fatbloke
12-11-2012, 02:30 PM
If you were doing large batches in a confined space then you might have to think about ventilation, but I doubt that a single 5 gallon or so batch is likely to be an issue.

I've got about 12 gallons on the go in our dining room and haven't noticed any problem...

The smell suggests that the ferment is nicely underway, so you should be thinking about daily aeration and whether you will need to add any more nutrient at the 1/3rd break....

Scarab1
12-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Yea, I have just over a gallon(4.5L). I do not have an air stone or anything fancy. When you say I should aerate is there an 'easy' way for me to do this?

*Is is as simple as open, stir/whip, and close?**

My OG was 1.127 and the calculation that I worked out with FG of .990 gives me 1.081 as the 1/3 value. Am I aiming too low on the FG?

When I get to the Magical 1/3 value I will be required to add more sugar?

Thanks in advance,
Steve T

fatbloke
12-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Well given that you reduced the gravity down to about 1.127 and 0.990 is a total drop of 137 points, it would be well on its way to 19% ABV. Which is a bit more that the tolerance so a more realistic FG would be 1.000 and the 1/3rd break doesn't have to be mega accurate, a little either side isn't gonna hurt any.

It's the point where you'd normally stop aerating and if you've split the nutrients its also the point where you'd add the last bit.

Yes, basic aeration is just opening the fermenter and stirring - once the foaming subsides keep stirring for a couple of minutes more. I often use an electric whisk or stick blender if I can. If the batch has fruit in it, I stir to remove the gaseous CO2 but then put some of the liquid in a liquidiser and blitz it that way (all kit sanitised of course). Then the aerated must is added back in.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Scarab1
12-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Thank you for all of the great information.

So should I aerate daily until I get to the 1.085(ish) and then just let it be until it get's to 1.000?

I am assuming when it get's to the magic number(1.000) I will have to add my Sorbate and Meta?

fatbloke
12-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Aeration to the 1/3rd break (some like to aerate twice a day I just do that once a day generally) then add any final nutrients and airlock off and let it do its thing. Once there's no bubbling, that's when you check the gravity every 2 or 3 days and when you have 3 consecutive identical readings its either finished or you work out what's going on. If its finished let it drop some sediment if its not finished and stalled it depends on where its stalled as to what you try next - cross that bridge if and when.

If you get 18% ABV you may not need to stabilise. Thats for if the yeast has room for further fermentation and you're intending to back sweeten with fermentable sugars.

Have a read of the NewBee guide in the meantime....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

kudapucat
12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
It may never get there.
When it stops, because it runs out of sugar (1.000 or below) or because the yeast get too drunk (somewhere else) you can stabilise with sorbate and sulphate and then with the yeast inhibited and sleeping, you can "safely" add sugar to sweeten without bottles exploding.
You can back sweeten with anything sweet, I'd suggest more fruit concentrate.

Scarab1
12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Wonderful data. I will be all over the net tonight just to read on it all some more.

Thanks again...

Scarab1
12-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Seems to be moving right along.

2 days down .020 to 1.108

.010 a day it is moving faster then I thought it would.

kudapucat
12-11-2012, 10:18 PM
That's about right. It's an exponential decline though, it will slow down.

Scarab1
12-13-2012, 08:06 PM
It is not seeming like it is slowing down.
Day 4 - 1.074
1/3 was calculated to be 1.085

Just let it run its course til the bubbles slowly bubble?

kudapucat
12-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Yep, still in the steep part of the curve, wont slow down for a bit yet, maybe 1030...

YogiBearMead726
12-13-2012, 10:49 PM
I would gently swirl the fermenter with the airlock in place at least every day until it gives out. This will help keep the amount of CO2 in solution down, since CO2 is actually toxic to the yeast (think swimming around in your own feces and you can understand why :p ). It will also help any yeast that has dropped out of solution get back up to digest more sugar. And if all that weren't enough reason to swirl it occasionally, the dead yeast act as a rudimentary fining helping the mead to clear quicker.

Just remember to leave the airlock in place, and not to swirl too vigorously. Oxygen at this point is also toxic (or at least detrimental) to the yeast, hence leaving the airlock on. And too vigorous a swirl will result in a veritable geyser of foam! :)

Scarab1
12-14-2012, 12:10 AM
I am not sure how clear this is going to ever get with the cherry and pomegranate concentrate in it. The stuff I am looking at the last few days is some DARK stuff. I might change my tune after rack.

Scarab1
12-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Alrighty, 3 weeks in and the bubbler on top is going every 3 minutes or so.

From all I have read I should just let it go until there is NONE, correct?

kudapucat
12-31-2012, 05:59 PM
It's almost done.
Let it go a bit longer.
When it's bubbling only once in thirty minutes, start taking regular gravity readings to confirm it's stopped

Scarab1
01-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Began taking the weekly readings and as of today it was at 1.006 that puts it at 16.01% and the taste i took was not bad. Hairy Cherry Pom has some serious potential as my first go around and thanks to those helping me out here. Just going to wait it out. I guess around 1.000 finish

kudapucat
01-07-2013, 03:03 AM
It may stay at 1.006 (this is a good spot IMHO) with a little sugar undigested by the yeast.
Good luck, you're after consistent reads, not 1.000
After all, I've had some go to 0.990

Scarab1
01-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Yes, I am not going to assume that 1.000 is it. I will take a reading every week until I get a duplicate and then rack it. I ASSUME that I will not require an airlock when I rack it after two repeat readings on the spec Grav.

There was definate alcohol taste but the cherry really made it ALMOST drinkable. I believe that I will leave it be for a few months after rack and see how it is then.

Chevette Girl
01-07-2013, 02:18 PM
I ASSUME that I will not require an airlock when I rack it after two repeat readings on the spec Grav.

Do not assume this, could lead to mess. Just because it's not moving perceptibly doesn't mean it's not moving at all (my show mead dropped from 1.040 to 1.010 over the first year after I racked it when it'd been 1.040 for a few weeks). So, the first danger is that fermentation could continue (racking can sometimes kick it up again too), there's also the fact that after fermentation, there's a lot of carbon dioxide trapped in the must and it'll need to come out... and then temperature fluctuations can cause the must level to rise enough to pop your stopper out.

Scarab1
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Do not assume this, could lead to mess. Just because it's not moving perceptibly doesn't mean it's not moving at all (my show mead dropped from 1.040 to 1.010 over the first year after I racked it when it'd been 1.040 for a few weeks). So, the first danger is that fermentation could continue (racking can sometimes kick it up again too), there's also the fact that after fermentation, there's a lot of carbon dioxide trapped in the must and it'll need to come out... and then temperature fluctuations can cause the must level to rise enough to pop your stopper out.

Thanks for the heads up. I will rack it in the glass gallon and put an air lock on it. I think I need to order a dozen or so for all of my future endeavors. I am so glad I got this for an Xmas present. I really enjoy it but the waiting is HARD.

kudapucat
01-07-2013, 05:47 PM
[...] I am so glad I got this for an Xmas present. I really enjoy it but the waiting is HARD.
Incredibly so.

Scarab1
01-07-2013, 11:40 PM
If I put this into a wine bottle a month after rack do you think that would suffice?
As in would the wine bottle hold for any slight fermentation after the fact?

Medsen Fey
01-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Wine bottles will not hold pressure safely. To hold pressure you need beer or Champagne bottles, but even then it is possible to explode them. You used EC-1118 which is a tough-to-stop yeast. It will try to go to 18%. If you are at 16% and bottle it, and it manages to get to 18% that is enough pressure to potentially blow Champagne bottles. Even if you stabilize with sorbate and sulfite this yeast might slowly continue so be careful and do not be in a hurry to bottle it.

Scarab1
01-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Wine bottles will not hold pressure safely. To hold pressure you need beer or Champagne bottles, but even then it is possible to explode them. You used EC-1118 which is a tough-to-stop yeast. It will try to go to 18%. If you are at 16% and bottle it, and it manages to get to 18% that is enough pressure to potentially blow Champagne bottles. Even if you stabilize with sorbate and sulfite this yeast might slowly continue so be careful and do not be in a hurry to bottle it.

I am not in a hurry to bottle it really. I am just trying to think ahead for how I can hold on to a bottle or two for a longer period of time and it not take up a lot of space. Going to give at least one bottle a year if I can.

It will be at least another few months before I think about bottling but I would like to free up that 1 gal ASAP. I am in a small apartment so I do not have the ability to store very many gallons at a time.

Medsen Fey
01-08-2013, 10:11 AM
There are a number if "quick mead" recipes on the main site which can be bottled in a relatively short time, and anything you make that is dry can be cleared and bottled early. But batches using a yeast like EC-1118 with residual sugar need plenty of time to be certain they will be stable.

Scarab1
01-08-2013, 12:18 PM
There are a number if "quick mead" recipes on the main site which can be bottled in a relatively short time, and anything you make that is dry can be cleared and bottled early. But batches using a yeast like EC-1118 with residual sugar need plenty of time to be certain they will be stable.

Yea, I started a JAOM (followed directions to the T) on 1/3/12 and am going to do a gallon rotation biweekly for a constant 'supply' beginning in a few months. ;)
[this is where most of my space is being taken up]

This first Cherry Pom was my FIRST ever brew of any kind. Once I rack it I will begin another in the primary and give it a lot of time in the secondary. If I am going to bottle it I will be sure to bottle it JUST before use for 'looks' only.

THIS SITE IS AWESOME! I have learned and read so much from thsi site alone it's amazing.

Scarab1
01-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I felt the need to pay and support this site. THANK YOU to everyone that is assiting me with my first and to the SITE as well.

Scarab1
01-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Got another 1.006 and have not seen any movement on the airlock. Racked it to a gallon glass with airlock and remains are in fridge for some evening enjoyment.(might as well)

I know, I know..... more time..... but 16.01% makes me giggle ;D

fatbloke
01-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Got another 1.006 and have not seen any movement on the airlock. Racked it to a gallon glass with airlock and remains are in fridge for some evening enjoyment.(might as well)

Well that's not bad is it...... whether you'd get more depends on the yeast and its state. If the gravity doesn't shift any further then hell, I'd be happy with it......

Scarab1
01-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Well that's not bad is it...... whether you'd get more depends on the yeast and its state. If the gravity doesn't shift any further then hell, I'd be happy with it......

Yes I was happy to get anything drinkable after all of the horror stories i read about sanitation... I was quite careful. Thanks to all that have helped on my very first batch. Gong to give it some time, as best I can, and enjoy it.

Already began a show and logged it. I am hooked....

Cheers
Steve

kudapucat
01-14-2013, 07:10 AM

You know the estimated ABV is ±0.5% at best, probably like ±1%, so whilst you calculation says 16.01% there's no point being more precise than 16%, as the precision should match the accuracy.

As for the giggles. Yep I know... you should have seen me with my first 18% that tasted half decent!

Scarab1
01-14-2013, 10:28 AM
You know the estimated ABV is ±0.5% at best, probably like ±1%, so whilst you calculation says 16.01% there's no point being more precise than 16%, as the precision should match the accuracy.

As for the giggles. Yep I know... you should have seen me with my first 18% that tasted half decent!

;D Yea, if anyone asks.....it's 16%..

Robusto
01-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Do not assume this, could lead to mess.

Even if you stabilize with sorbate and sulfite this yeast might slowly continue so be careful and do not be in a hurry to bottle it.

Listen to these folks- I now have a dent in my living room ceiling form a cherry cyser that was “done”. It seemed that the yeast (EC1118. ) woke back up after bottling- even after sorbating. I was awakened in the middle of the night to a loud POP. When I went to investigate, the wine bottle was still standing upright but was half empty and the cork was on the other side of the room. I also had a dent in my ceiling- scary stuff when you think that I have 10 foot (3.05 meter) ceilings. I am extreemly surprized (and lucky) that the bottle didn’t explode.

Scarab1
01-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Listen to these folks- I now have a dent in my living room ceiling form a cherry cyser that was “done”. It seemed that the yeast (EC1118. ) woke back up after bottling- even after sorbating. I was awakened in the middle of the night to a loud POP. When I went to investigate, the wine bottle was still standing upright but was half empty and the cork was on the other side of the room. I also had a dent in my ceiling- scary stuff when you think that I have 10 foot (3.05 meter) ceilings. I am extreemly surprized (and lucky) that the bottle didn’t explode.

OMG, thanks for the heads up. I am working on making room in my apartment for all of the 1 Gallon Carboys I am going to need now.

I racked the Cherry and don't plan on putting it into bottles for at least 6 months so I will revisit that one in July. Until then I am doing lots of JAOM to keep the friends from trying to get me to bust the cherry out! :-)

Scarab1
01-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Been a few days in the galss secondary and no movement on the airlock at ALL that I have seen. Just ordred:

4 oz American Heavy Toast chips

From what I have read these should go very well with the Cherry I have. Plan is to hydrate them and add to the existing gallon and let it go....

GOOD? BAD?

***I would also like to add that I have not added any Campden or anythign to this mead after racking. It is just as is***

Medsen Fey
01-17-2013, 07:09 PM
How big is this batch? 1 - 1.5 oz is often more than enough for a 5-gal batch. Too much oak is one of the easiest ways to mess up a good mead (unless you like château plywood).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Scarab1
01-17-2013, 08:16 PM
How big is this batch? 1 - 1.5 oz is often more than enough for a 5-gal batch. Too much oak is one of the easiest ways to mess up a good mead (unless you like château plywood).

It is only a gallon. The math I did says about 1/3 of an ounce or rounded down to 9 grams of oak.

Scarab1
01-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Almost two months after starting this first mead. I racked it at about 5 weeks and I just pulled my 'boozie' off of the gallon carboy last night and I got a HUGE smile across my face. It was a tad cloudy when I racked it but it is darn near see through(cherry color) with some lees at the bottom. There has been absolutly no airlock movement except for when the cold front rolled in last week.

Am I pusing my luck trying to bottle this one without using a Campden Tablet or Potasium Sorb?

Medsen Fey
01-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Am I pusing my luck trying to bottle this one without using a Campden Tablet or Potasium Sorb?

Probably, unless it has been sitting at 80+° F. This mead may be at the tolerance of the yeast, but it is hard to be certain and you have enough sugar left to blow bottles or corks if they decide to surprise you.

Scarab1
01-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Probably, unless it has been sitting at 80+° F. This mead may be at the tolerance of the yeast, but it is hard to be certain and you have enough sugar left to blow bottles or corks if they decide to surprise you.

Well i am in secondary and am willing to bottle from where is at. I am not a huge fan of additives but if it will ensure no bombs then i will do it. Is both suggested or can I get away with one over the other?

Medsen Fey
01-28-2013, 11:00 PM
You need both.
The risk of restarts is higher if you use either alone. And sorbate alone can leave you with a permanent geranium odor.

Marshmallow Blue
01-28-2013, 11:30 PM
You need both.
The risk of restarts is higher if you use either alone. And sorbate alone can leave you with a permanent geranium odor.

I've got a batch that I'm bottling and only used campden tablets and the gravity is at 1.001 at 70 degrees, ill be bottling in beer bottles. Is it likely any renewed fermentation will be strong enough to bust a bottle on me?

Medsen Fey
01-29-2013, 07:43 AM
What was the starting gravity and which yeast did you use? Also, how long has it been fermenting/aging?

Marshmallow Blue
01-29-2013, 08:16 AM
What was the starting gravity and which yeast did you use? Also, how long has it been fermenting/aging?

Didn't have a hydrometer when I started this, but it was 3lb honey half gallon of apple cider. Made this at the beginning of October 2012. 1 gallon batch. I used red star champaign yeast

Scarab1
01-29-2013, 10:02 AM
You need both.

Alright, I will use both.

There are some lees in the bottom of my secondary and didn't want to rack again but I am guessing adding the two chemicals half way through third rack will ensure dispersion?

Then let it go another week or two before bottling?

Medsen Fey
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Then let it go another week or two before bottling?

Probably a good idea.

Scarab1
01-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Probably a good idea.

DARN! I require another carboy.... :-)

Medsen Fey
01-29-2013, 03:33 PM
It's just that kind of thinking that ends up with you owning 20 kegs. :o

Marshmallow Blue
01-29-2013, 03:38 PM
It's just that kind of thinking that ends up with you owning 20 kegs. :o

Smoke em if you got em right? I wish my tiny Boston Apartment closet was Narnia style and I could hold an entire world of meads. I guess I'll just have to buy a house.

Medsen Fey
01-29-2013, 03:54 PM
...I guess I'll just have to buy a house.
That's not the answer. I got one of them, and little wifey is so tired of my mead "stuff" that she might toss it out and me along with it. :D

You need a house WITH A BIG BASEMENT. Preferably one that is insulated, partially finished with a large stainless steel double sink, and some stainless counters and shelves with good ventilation, and non- fluorescent lighting. Of course those tend to come with a big mortgage that leaves you tight for supplies. Ah well, I can dream...

Scarab1
01-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Smoke em if you got em right? I wish my tiny Boston Apartment closet was Narnia style and I could hold an entire world of meads. I guess I'll just have to buy a house.

Yea, I am in a small one br apartment and I just got some shelving to put against a wall for my STUFF. Luckily my GF purchased my starter kit for me so she has no one to blame but herself! :-)

I think my MAX in the apartment would be(and her and I have discussed it):
4 - 6gallon Carboys [currently running 1]
10 - 1 gallon Carboys [currently running 2]
2 - 2 gallon primary's [curerntly running 1, will be 2 after my trip to the store tonight]

That is not bad for an apartment but we are pretty minimalist to begin with.

Scarab1
01-29-2013, 04:15 PM
You need a house WITH A BIG BASEMENT. Preferably one that is insulated, partially finished with a large stainless steel double sink, and some stainless counters and shelves with good ventilation, and non- fluorescent lighting.

Is on my wish list.

Although I think with a little work ANY basement that is not finished is a canvas waiting for a sweet brewspace.

Marshmallow Blue
01-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Yea, I am in a small one br apartment and I just got some shelving to put against a wall for my STUFF. Luckily my GF purchased my starter kit for me so she has no one to blame but herself! :-)

I think my MAX in the apartment would be(and her and I have discussed it):
4 - 6gallon Carboys [currently running 1]
10 - 1 gallon Carboys [currently running 2]
2 - 2 gallon primary's [curerntly running 1, will be 2 after my trip to the store tonight]

That is not bad for an apartment but we are pretty minimalist to begin with.

I've got some grand plans to up my carboy capacity. I'm going to build a cabinet that will go in the closet on the floor that I want to hold 2 shelves of 2x2 1 gallon carboys, tall enough for airlocks, or I can remove the shelf and hold two 3 Gal better bottles. I could also liquidate my Mr Beer stuff to clear up room, because in the war of buying mr beer kits or more honey... Honey always wins. Might keep the fermentor thought cause it has a nice little bottling spigot.

Scarab1
01-29-2013, 04:38 PM
I've got some grand plans to up my carboy capacity. I'm going to build a cabinet that will go in the closet on the floor that I want to hold 2 shelves of 2x2 1 gallon carboys, tall enough for airlocks, or I can remove the shelf and hold two 3 Gal better bottles. I could also liquidate my Mr Beer stuff to clear up room, because in the war of buying mr beer kits or more honey... Honey always wins. Might keep the fermentor thought cause it has a nice little bottling spigot.

Great idea. I have yet to try a beer of any sort. Maybe this summer I will give it a try but I am content with the mead right now.

I am working out of 2 gallon buckets for all of my one off primary's and trying something new every time to see how different combinations of things go.

The only reason I have the first 6 gallon carboy(JAOM began 1/13/13) is because of a Northern Brewer carboy giveaway when you spent over $150 and the honey alone for that 6 gallons was darn close to 2/3 of that total. :-)

TheAlchemist
01-29-2013, 09:39 PM

Narnia!

You're through the lookingglass now, Pal.

Scarab1
01-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Narnia!

You're through the lookingglass now, Pal.

Never saw the Narnia.....D&D back in the day....bottomless flask?

Chevette Girl
02-03-2013, 10:51 PM
I think it was the endless decanter of water... what you'd want to do is install some shelves in a bag of holding ;D

...aww crap, is my geek showing again?

Scarab1
02-03-2013, 11:53 PM
I think it was the endless decanter of water... what you'd want to do is install some shelves in a bag of holding ;D

...aww crap, is my geek showing again?

;D awesome.... i think I am going to find my dice now

Scarab1
02-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Again I would like to thank all of you that assisted me in my first mead.

I have kept a few 8oz canning jars aside for down the road but have given out and consumed all of the other mead.

It is strong but the cherry concentrate seemed to hold it's own and either everyone lied to me or they really did like it. I will be ramping this one up in the near future to 3 or 4.5 gallon. YUMMY!