PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Oslo!

wildoates
12-22-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm visiting my son and DiL for the Christmas holidays, and there's snow! And it's cold!

Medsen Fey
12-22-2012, 06:14 PM
It got down to 44 F last night here in South Florida - we thought the Mayan end-of-the-Earth was actually happening. :)

Have a great holiday!

fatbloke
12-23-2012, 03:43 AM
Ah, well greetings and seasonal salutations to both Oslo and Southern Florida (and the rest of the world for that matter), from Sussex by the Sea.

It's not too cold, but it's wet and miserable (no change there then).

wildoates
12-23-2012, 04:05 AM
I had to buy long pants...and a coat!

fatbloke
12-23-2012, 04:31 AM
I had to buy long pants...and a coat!
No surprise there then......

Considerably further north when compared to your part of CA...... little to no history of cross country skiing in CA, whereas the "weegies" are masters...

Take a trip north, I don't know, Stavanger, Tromso, wherever and you'll have to get thermal underwear as well ;D

But have a nice trip. IMO the Norwegians are an excellent bunch, maybe not quite as laid back as the Dutch seem to be, but nevertheless a very good, nice crowd.......

wildoates
12-23-2012, 04:39 AM
It's my third visit, and the people are very nice. The food is interesting. :)

TheAlchemist
12-23-2012, 05:40 PM
I love the perpetual twilight that is Oslo in Winter.

wildoates
12-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah, it's not even close to bedtime when it gets dark, so strange. The snow is really coming down at the moment, and the street outside the kids' flat is completely covered with snow. Awesome, but I don't have to shovel or plow it. :)