• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

POLL: Brent Musburger's comments about Katherine Webb

Barrel Char Wood Products

Intheswamp

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 9, 2012
South Alabama
Lots of controversy over the comments made during the 2013 BCS Championship game by announcer Brent Musburger regarding Katherine Webb, AJ McCarron's girlfriend. Do you think those comments were "dirty old man" comments or not?

Here's a link to a simple, two-choice poll that I posted that you can vote in. It includes the comments in case you missed them.

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/573612

Ed

Jas53

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 27, 2011
Plymouth, Michigan
Its ok for Joe Biden to say spread your legs - you're gonna be examined and not apologize but have Musburger get in trouble for saying that a woman is beautiful. She stated ths morning that she felt it as a compliment and nothing more. But her twitter followers are in excess of 230K now and getting job offers for beauty pagents from it.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Not to be rude, but I've got no clue what this is in regards to. Then again, the controversy might not have reached here (Alaska) yet ;)

Happy to say I'm also clueless. Of course I still have yet to figure out what a Kardashian is.

Intheswamp

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 9, 2012
South Alabama
<chuckle> It's made headlines on most major news networks, but it's no world shaking situation. :) It has to do with an announcer's comments made during the college football championship game between Alabama and Notre Dame pertaining to girlfriend of the Alabama quarterback. The media has lambasted the commentator calling him a dirty old man while the lady (she is Miss Alabama and was a Miss America contest) says that she was flattered by his comments and says that the media is over reacting. Personally I think the media is way overplaying this about to possibly ruin a good sports announcer's career.

Ed

Midnight Sun

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 13, 2010
Anchorage, Alaska
<chuckle> It's made headlines on most major news networks, but it's no world shaking situation. :) It has to do with an announcer's comments made during the college football championship game between Alabama and Notre Dame pertaining to girlfriend of the Alabama quarterback. The media has lambasted the commentator calling him a dirty old man while the lady (she is Miss Alabama and was a Miss America contest) says that she was flattered by his comments and says that the media is over reacting. Personally I think the media is way overplaying this about to possibly ruin a good sports announcer's career.

Ed

Ah, I see now. Sorry, don't much care for football and don't really follow it.

I will certainly say though, that a media over-reaction would be typical. Too bad if the guy looses his job, especially if the "target" was never really offended in the first place.

Happy to say I'm also clueless. Of course I still have yet to figure out what a Kardashian is.

I don't know much about Kardashians either, besides that they had a TV show at one point. Oh, and that they are apparently overrated. :p

Vandall

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Jan 13, 2012
Clinton Township Michigan
Poor old Brent Musburger makes a comment about a woman being beautiful and it it's beaten to death by our liberal media. On the other hand, scary Kathy Griffin simulates oral sex on Anderson Cooper live on CNN on newyears eve ball drop coverage and what do we hear from our oh so easily offended media???

CRICKETS CHIRPING.

Our media is pretty selective about what to be offended by.

Just my 2 cents.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns