PDA

View Full Version : Please raise a glass...

Soulpanda
01-09-2013, 10:10 PM
And help me in welcoming William Finley Francis Craddock
To this wide and crazy world.

I would post a picture, but the iPad doesn't have a camera.

TheAlchemist
01-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Many happy returns of the day to you, Papa! And to Mom too. Welcome to the world, little one!

Chevette Girl
01-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Congratulations! <raises eggnog>

Medsen Fey
01-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Fantastic! Enjoy every moment.

Midnight Sun
01-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Excellent, the best to you and your family!

LeedsBrewer
01-10-2013, 07:32 AM
congratulations!

Intheswamp
01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Congratulations!!! My father loved children and they loved him...even ones that didn't know him, it was almost magical :) . While he was in the hospital the last parenting advice he gave to someone was to the nurse attending him. She had a picture of her son on the back of her ID tag and Daddy spotted it and inquired about him. She talked for a while with Daddy and explained that there was some big toy she wanted to get her son. My father looked her in the ideas and with the honesty that he was know for told her "Don't worry about the toys, just give him your love and your time...that's really all he wants". My father did not make it out of the hospital but I hope the nurse took his advice home with her.

So, give William Finley Francis Craddock your love and time and you won't have any regrets...and he won't either.

BTW, that's a might big name for such a tiny package...what are ya'll going to call him? :)

Ed

skunkboy
01-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Congrats! :)

icedmetal
01-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Congratulations! I'm 8 months in on my firstborn myself. A small reassurance for you: it gets much better after the first month or two ;) It's tough when there is no sleep schedule, and the only form of communication is crying. Wait until you get that first big smile, that first giggle, that full-bellied laugh. Moments like those man, priceless.

If you are capable of taking naps, you'll do much better than I those first couple months!

Intheswamp
01-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Children are definitely miracles and go through so many growth stages...as do their parents. ;)

Ed

kudapucat
01-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Well Done!
I have a little one myself atm, I hope you're getting some sleep!

RachmaelBenApplebaum
01-11-2013, 08:02 PM
*Raises frothy mug of Maerzen* Prost! Any good brews in mind for the little tyke when the time comes?

Soulpanda
01-13-2013, 06:45 AM
He is going to be Liam,
It was the easiest
Compromise, and we
Liked both names. Besides,
I am sure he will grow into
It. And that is some good
Advice Ed. I know he will
Have all my love, and as much
Time as i have. Hell, he has
Takened enough out of my
Sleep schedule to be a full-time
Job already, and he I only three days
Old! ;D I think what I am going
To do is bottle something every
Year and make him his own
Private cellar. They might not
Last, but they have a chance,
And it would be really cool to
Hand him some once I knew
He was smart with his drink.
I'll have to think of a special
Recipe for next year.
Thank you All for well wishes.
That's about my time for this week
;D

Andrew

ken_schramm
01-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Congratulations. You will blink, and rub your eyes, and your child will be a college graduate, and the Operations Manager for your meadery, and be doing a bang-up job of it. Or something similar. Hug them till they say "eeyewww." It'll be about 13 years. Then keep going.