PDA

View Full Version : Mazer Cup Question

Robusto
03-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Hi guys. I have a question about the Mazerís Cup. This is the first time that I have entered it, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question. After the judging is over, do you get a score so that you can see how your mead stacked up against the competition? Do you get a report card or score card of some sort so that you can see what or where your mead was flawed?

I ask because I think that I entered a really good mead- one of the best that I have made, but I would like to also learn where/ what/ how to improve based on professional judges critiques.

Thanks in advance.

BBBF
03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
They mail you the judges scoring sheets.

jkane
03-06-2013, 02:45 PM
The scoresheet is the mead scoresheet from the bjcp. You can Google that if you want. It is a range of 50 points. You will get the point results and any comments judges made. Some judges will be very verbose and add suggestions to make it better. Others may just describe what they are smelling/tasting. I don't think you will be told where you "ranked" in the flight. But, you will know if you are in the top 3 since they will place and get awards.

Good Luck! ;D

Robusto
03-06-2013, 04:09 PM
thanks guys!

The_Bishop
03-06-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm hoping I can have some ready for next year. None of my current drinking stock is ready for the prime time.

Marshmallow Blue
03-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I hope to have some things ready for mead free or die in August. Its a smaller competition but its also much closer to my house.