PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a second attempt?

Lazarusknite
04-27-2013, 02:54 PM
It looks like mead isn't too complicated and is a hobby I can now pursue. By that I mean that I made a JAOM and it was a success, though it actually finished fermenting well ahead of two months. But it tastes good and I was told that the quite fermentation is just something that happens.

Now I am thinking about my next attempt. I am very partial to sweeter meads and also to spices; fruits/melomels or metheglins seems to be my taste. Does anyone have any reasonably simple recipes to try?

I also like JAOM because it is pretty much ready to drink as soon as you finish. I'm not really a patient person, and while I don't mind the idea of a mead getting better with age, the idea of needing to wait 6mo just for it to drinkable is a bit much. So faster recipes are better, and I appreciate any help/suggestions :-)

akueck
04-27-2013, 04:57 PM
There is a set of quick mead recipes (http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_rapidrecipe&page=viewcategory&category_id=69&Itemid=459) on the main site. That should be a good start. ;D