PDA

View Full Version : Someone Graduated Law School!

Kelvin
05-12-2013, 06:22 AM
It was me!!!!!!!!!!!!

More farm updates coming real soon! Thanks to the one person who donated... you know who you are : ) It doesn't matter the show will go on and you will receive what you were promised and then some just for being so generous.

In any case, there's a lawyer on the team, guys!!! Or a new one at least. Ok not quite yet, but soon. As of now I am Kelvin Wadkins J.D. and come this winter I will be Kelvin Wadkins, Esquire. (although I'm not pretentious enough to use it.)

Anyway, I'm very happy and I'll be posting more once I get all this crap settled. I've been brewing beer much more than mead lately but we'll see what happens one the farm takes off. I'm going to be a busy man for the next few months.... and years. The good news is... I get to be busy doing things I love!!!

XOXOXOXOX all!

fatbloke
05-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Now that is f*****g brilliant to hear. Absolutely well done you......:D

Even more so reading the farm posts..... I did agriculture at college but became disillusioned with it. The only real possible money earner here is the land owner, unless you can diversify from the base farming activity......

Plus the relatively small size of the UK makes even half decent farm land prohibitively expensive.

I'd have still thought that it'd be safer if you got all the legal quals finished i.e. bar exams and the like sorted too. There's nothing like the "extra string to the bow" especially if its something as potentially lucrative as practicing law.

In fact the bloke I worked for before college was a solicitor/lawyer by trade so the farming was really a hobby, but he was never happier than when he was sorting the animals or making hay or whatever......

S'up to you of course and while money doesn't buy happiness, damn! it does a hell of a lot when it comes to making life in general easier and a more enjoyable experience.....

Again, bloody well done. I look forward to reading more farm posts....

Kelvin
05-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Bloke, that sounds a lot like me. I love farming and crops. And I want to protect them from companies like Monsanto but my goal is to be a good, fair lawyer who also farms. I haven't updated because I had finals and graduation, but go to oiseaumouchefarms.com to see our land and our progress. We aren't actually moving there until the end of this month but I have some plants planted here that are doing nicely. My barley is looking really good, which I will be updating tomorrow or Monday.

Speaking of land. Also on our page you will see some aquaponics stuff. The aquaponics page itself is has nothing on it because we havent moved yet butif you go to the Indiegogo section you will see a video of my small aquaponics system I have in our apartment. It just shows you don't need a lot of land to grow some good food. When we move to the farm I am building a 20x12 building to house 2 Tilapia tanks with crops feeding off of them. It'll give us good meat and also protect some of our heirloom crops form being crossbred with similar plants.

There are also some people who grow more food than they can eat and live off of selling their surplus with just 1/4 acre farming it very efficiently... They live in California however, so they have an all year climate. But there are lots of crops that over winter... so you shouldn't let anything like that stop you.

Kelvin
05-12-2013, 06:57 AM
Oh, and thank you, btw, Fatbloke

Riverat
05-12-2013, 09:22 AM
congratulations !!

Good job and keep us up to date on the farm!

Telkey
05-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Good work fella!

The world is your oyster, and with the right attitude (you seem to have it) you will go far.

Remember it's better to make some money doing something you love rather than having a job to make some money.

TheAlchemist
05-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Good on ya, Mate!
Now clear that Bar and get on about your day!

Kelvin
05-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks Everyone,

I won't let any of you or society down. I'm definitely not a stereotypical lawyer type so you can be sure that my main goal is justice and our constitution. Even though we haven't moved yet the farm preparation is coming along well. I'm doing many of the things I can here, like building charge controllers for the wind turbines. When we get to Virginia I have to make sure my fiancee's grandfather's tractor (we bought the land from her mother and uncle they got it as an inheritance so there are still tractors and the like on the farm that no one wanted or had any kind of room for) runs and if not, fix it fast then get the grow section disced and tilled. After that we'll plant our summer crops, then wait until the end of summer to plant fall and winter crops.

Then the really fun part! Building a 20x12 well... building, to house our aquaponics grow for plants we can grow year round and create great fertilizer. On top of that I need to build 3 more beehives. Hopefully we can still get some packages but if not we'll start them next spring.

So we have LOTS of work to do but I can't wait to get started!

Thanks again.

smertz001
05-13-2013, 01:33 PM
It was me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Kelvin!

-- Steve

Marshmallow Blue
05-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Yes! Congrats! Your Golden Road is paved with... uh Seeds, and laws. Best of luck!

Kelvin
05-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks guys! :)

Midnight Sun
05-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Congratulations!

Kelvin
05-14-2013, 01:16 AM
Congratulations!

Thank you :)

smokepole
05-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Congradulations possibly

some expert who wrote "aftershock" is saying we are in for another collapse,
soon (http://w3.newsmax.com/a/aftershockb/video47b.cfm?promo_code=110D8-1) claims administration has printed 300% more money, housing. stocks, bonds,even the gold bubble will collapse soon. Even billionaires are dumping stocks in company's selling consumer goods

Whats a law professional gonna do then. Everybody will be to broke to foreclose, or fight foreclosure

Perhaps you and your buddies could start a class action suit to stop these fowl evil deeds politicians are doing, while protecting the ruling class. At least get them into the same Abomocare they are forcing the rest of us into. Maybe hire the French to export new guillotines to the American taxpayers

joemirando
05-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Congradulations possibly

some expert who wrote "aftershock" is saying we are in for another collapse,
soon (http://w3.newsmax.com/a/aftershockb/video47b.cfm?promo_code=110D8-1) claims administration has printed 300% more money, housing. stocks, bonds,even the gold bubble will collapse soon. Even billionaires are dumping stocks in company's selling consumer goods

Whats a law professional gonna do then. Everybody will be to broke to foreclose, or fight foreclosure

Perhaps you and your buddies could start a class action suit to stop these fowl evil deeds politicians are doing, while protecting the ruling class. At least get them into the same Abomocare they are forcing the rest of us into. Maybe hire the French to export new guillotines to the American taxpayers
Just out of curiosity, did you make this much noise when the previous administration attacked the wrong country after doctoring up data and playing a he-said/he-said shell game with information, decided that Ben Franklin was wrong in that "Those who would forgo a measure of liberty to ensure a bit of security deserve neither liberty nor security"? Did you get this same righteous indignation when the previous administration decided it wanted to not only fight two wars, but to put them on a credit card, and that a citizen's rights could be waived without judicial say-so by means of a piece of paper signed by no one other than those who wished to circumvent our rights in the first place? How about the healthcare situation and petroleum 'protections' that got strengthened once he packed his cabinet with members of the drug and petroleum industries?

There's only one way out now (to keep this msg somewhat on point)...
Make and drink more mead!

Oh jeez.... was that out loud? <evil grin>

Meadmaker Joe

Chevette Girl
05-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Congrats, Kelvin! That's all fantastic! :)

Midnight Sun
05-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Kindly ease up a bit on the politics fellas. It takes a tremendous effort to get a JD: I have several lawyer friends and even one in the family so I have a pretty good idea of what it takes. This is an event to be celebrated, so raise your glass!

<end rant>

danr
05-15-2013, 02:19 AM
Cheers!!!!

joemirando
05-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Congrats to the new squire! Do some good, make a difference!

(Raising glass of cherry melomel) <hell, it must be 5:00 SOMEWHERE ;-) >

smokepole
05-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Gee
both partys are for the ruling class. They are all self serving individuals. They are both enslaving us
But only 1 party wants blanket immigration amnesty to increase their voter base.
You think immigration is not a problem. ?????
Trust a politician?????
ASK a NATIVE AMERICAN
Like Reagon said, "goverment is the problem

TheAlchemist
05-15-2013, 11:09 PM
...administration decided it wanted to not only fight two wars, but to put them on a credit card...

There's only one way out now (to keep this msg somewhat on point)...
Make and drink more mead!

Meadmaker Joe
My two cents:
If a Lawmaker would not be ashamed of his/her own son/daughter who refrained from volunteering to serve in any given war, and would not be willing to (in the present tense) tax for the cost of that war, then that lawmaker has no business voting in favour of said war...
</rant off>

Oh, and Kelvin, you have already received my hearty congratulations (*raising glass of Henrietta Maria*)...get yourself over the Bar and let us know that's accomplished...

joemirando
05-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Oh, and Kelvin, you have already received my hearty congratulations (*raising glass of Henrietta Maria*)...get yourself over the Bar and let us know that's accomplished...

Heh heh, how about "Get yourself over the bar....

... and let us know what's on the other side!" ? 8)

Kelvin
05-25-2013, 02:23 AM
OK, I want to say something right now. This forum is full of some of the best people ever. I got 2 donations for my farm project and they both came from here. I'm not going to mention names. They know who they are and I am going further for both of them than I promised on Indiegogo. However, that just shows how great this community is. From day 1 I have loved this forum and everyone here is so generous with knowledge or anything they can give.

My first batch of honey goes to my best donor to whom I'm giving as much as I can (for free). However, I'm going to offer everyone here some great natural honey for very very cheap come next spring... It obviously depends on how much we get, but I want to give back to this community.

You guys have helped me countless times and made me the brewer, meadier (whatever they are called), and craftsman I am today. I thank all of you and you guys are a great group of people and I love and respect you all.

You guys that donated, expect your card in July like I said. Honey will be delivered next spring if that was what was agreed to and the seeds will be next fall. Again, you'll get to pick what seeds you want when we send you the card. Then we'll send you those seeds around Sept. or Oct. 2014. I can't say enough how moved I was from the donations from here. You guys are the best and I am skipping the farm sign. I am putting both of your names on a plaque on a beehive if you are ok with that.

Send me a private message if that is cool with you.. as you know I will use your online name if you prefer that.

Kelvin
05-25-2013, 02:48 AM
I just now read the comments.

Let me tell you this. I do not agree with any of these wars. You can not have a war against a tactic. Otherwise it will last forever. As for the administrations, GW was an idiot piece of shit and so is Obama. We need true patriot and lovers of country not self in our government. If you are only looking out for you and your friends then we don't need you. That is why I support the Pauls and always will until they give me a reason not to. I campaigned for Ron Paul last time and I will campaign for Rand this time. I am really an independent. I always have been. I only joined the Republican party because I live in LA atm and they require you to be registered for the party to vote in the primary unlike in my home state of Indiana where you can vote for anyone you want whether you declare a party or not.

I am an old school liberal... and by that I mean how Thomas Jefferson was a liberal. Leave people alone and follow the teachings of Jesus and do unto others as you would be treated. And I also follow Madison, who knew the nature of man and understood that giving any power to one man would make most men abuse it. Even if there are many who would not abuse it there are some who will.. and you can never know if that man will abuse that power. Which is why we have our checks and balances.. Although is seems lately that we have none of those.

I am definitely a liberal. I'm just not what the rest of the US thinks is liberal. I'm not a "progressive." What is wrong with keeping with traditions and doing what works? Progression? Progressive? What do you even mean by that? What is progressive to you? Progressive to me is building this country up and allowing people to prosper based on their own merits.

Progression to me would mean getting rid of the income tax, allowing companies to prosper. Getting rid of the agency captured EPA and allowing people to actually file their own law suits and destroying polluting companies.
This all goes much deeper than the average person wants to go. But if you really want change and if you really want a better world you have to go there.

In closing... Bush sucked and Obama sucks. I'm sorry if any of you don't like that but we cannot ignore the truth. Neither of them actually cared or care abut what the US was founded on. We need leaders like Ron and Rand Paul to bring us back to the great country we once had. It is only people who are afraid of speaking the truth and going against what is wrong that will make us truly great again. Right now, we are seriously, one of the shittiest countries in the world.. and it pains me to say that.

Kelvin
05-25-2013, 03:03 AM
And I just wanted to add this video that I now have on my signature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqAF-Alc7CM

No truer words have ever been spoken. The mainstream tried and still does try to dismiss Ron Paul as crazy, but he is anything but. He just does not give in to the lies from either party. Enjoy the video. It is one of my favorites.

UKTony
05-26-2013, 10:34 PM
The liberal to which you refer is traditionally know as "Classical Liberal" based on philosophies originally proposed by John Locke and evolved by others, and very in tune with the thoughts of several of the founding fathers. The current political party supporting these idea is the libertarian party. But you are correct, the term liberal was abducted by the left wing idealists sometime in the last century.

But I'm not going to talk politics, this isn't the forum and I may never stop :-)

Congrats to you on your success!

Cheers

Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oskaar
05-27-2013, 02:21 PM
It was me!!!!!!!!!!!!

More farm updates coming real soon! Thanks to the one person who donated... you know who you are : ) It doesn't matter the show will go on and you will receive what you were promised and then some just for being so generous.

In any case, there's a lawyer on the team, guys!!! Or a new one at least. Ok not quite yet, but soon. As of now I am Kelvin Wadkins J.D. and come this winter I will be Kelvin Wadkins, Esquire. (although I'm not pretentious enough to use it.)

Anyway, I'm very happy and I'll be posting more once I get all this crap settled. I've been brewing beer much more than mead lately but we'll see what happens one the farm takes off. I'm going to be a busy man for the next few months.... and years. The good news is... I get to be busy doing things I love!!!

XOXOXOXOX all!

Congrats! Where are you located Kelvin?

Also, as a quick gentle reminder and and all political discussions need to migrate to the hive where we will keep an eye to ensure things don't get out of hand. Remember to be respectful of other people's points of view even if they don't mirror one's own, and have a glass of mead!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Kelvin
05-29-2013, 12:26 AM
Congrats! Where are you located Kelvin?

Also, as a quick gentle reminder and and all political discussions need to migrate to the hive where we will keep an eye to ensure things don't get out of hand. Remember to be respectful of other people's points of view even if they don't mirror one's own, and have a glass of mead!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Understood, man.

I wasn't trying to start and kind of political debate I as just a tad tipsy and giving my views. I am alway respectful of everyone's views because the chances are I had them at one time. But we all grow and evolve or devolve depending on how one looks at it.

In any case, thank you so much. I am very happy about finally being one test away from being a real lawyer. Right now I am in New Orleans, but in just 3 days my fiancee and I are moving to a farm in Northern Virginia. I can't wait to get started on it. Other than being a lawyer it's my life's dream. My ultimate dream is to be able to farm full time and just help people as an attorney for free, but we'll see how long it takes for that day to come.

In the mean time, I'll be offering good honey next spring/summer... and of course it will be much cheaper for you guys than for anyone else. You've all shown me much kindness and friendship. I hope one day to sit down to a home brew with you all.

rmccask
05-29-2013, 02:37 PM
I am already up here in Northern Virginia and I just want to warn you there is already an extremely high level of LPSM (Lawyers Per Square Mile). You can't spit without hitting one and getting sued for it. I will avoid the rest of my lawyer jokes and try to avoid getting into politics too much online.

I am still fairly new in this forum but I have read many of your postings and you seem like a good person. I agree with much of your political opinions and wish you luck on both your farming and legal work. Since you are going to be within sane driving distance, I hope to be buying honey from you when you start producing.

-Randy

THawk
06-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Congrats!

So can I get a discount on honey for the MEA story I posted? ;)