PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide please...

B. Goldwater
05-22-2013, 12:38 PM
I finally did it, I made the jump and splurged on a SS 12.5 gallon conical fermentor! So excited, should get it in about a week. But now I cant decide what the first Mead made in it should be!!! Help!!!

fatbloke
05-22-2013, 02:13 PM
I finally did it, I made the jump and splurged on a SS 12.5 gallon conical fermentor! So excited, should get it in about a week. But now I cant decide what the first Mead made in it should be!!! Help!!!
Nice bit of kit......

As to which should be your first batch ? Its entirely up to you and what you enjoy.......and what your experience is at mead making......

If you're not experienced, then a cyser or pyment, which is fermented then topped up with a honey and juice mix that will top up as well as back sweeten.

You should think on whether you enjoy drier or sweeter brews and accommodate accordingly.......

B. Goldwater
05-22-2013, 03:09 PM
I am definitely excited and will be sure to post progress pics. I enjoy Melomels, cysers, and pyments...But not sure of what recipes I want to try first. I am leaning towards an apple, cinnamon, raisin concoction;D

skunkboy
05-23-2013, 06:32 PM
You have been smaller batches in the past, if so pick a fav recipe and scale it up! :)

B. Goldwater
05-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Yep I am going to get some bulk honey this weekend to have it ready to go as soon as I get the new conical set up. I am really getting excited now, the wait is going to kill me, lol...