PDA

View Full Version : Hey Newbies..JAOM fermenting video!

mannye
06-27-2013, 10:06 AM
In case you've never fermented anything before, here's a crappy video of what is usually referred to as a vigorous fermentation... just to give you an idea of what to expect and why you shouldn't get worried if you don't see too much activity...

Sorry about the black bars on the side but i'm still getting used to the Iphone5's limitations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVLsTVipDfQ

moridin
06-28-2013, 05:45 PM
You should have focused the iPhone camera by clicking g the screen. Without doing this your up close video is extremely blurry and I can't see the beauty of the bubbles

mannye
06-29-2013, 09:04 AM
You should have focused the iPhone camera by clicking g the screen. Without doing this your up close video is extremely blurry and I can't see the beauty of the bubbles

Yeah i'm still learning the foibles of the phone as well as next time I'll go horizontal. It's still bubbling, but not as vigorous. I'll Make another once I get the Lalvin D-47 batch going.

moridin
06-29-2013, 02:26 PM
ahhaha sounds good man. I know this from personal experience. i was filming my jaom last week after i pitched and then i was like shit this is blurry then i focused it and you'd be surprised with the quality and clarity the iphone 5 can manage :) How many batches of JAOM are you making? Last friday i started my first batch --this was a large batch of raspberry mead (5 gal) then caught the bug, saturday i went and purchased more brewing supplies and sunday i started a 1 gal jaom, and 1 gal of edworts apfelwein. Im just waiting to purchase some more jugs and get some blackberry mead going and then maybe some beer too

mannye
06-30-2013, 09:26 AM
ahhaha sounds good man. I know this from personal experience. i was filming my jaom last week after i pitched and then i was like shit this is blurry then i focused it and you'd be surprised with the quality and clarity the iphone 5 can manage :) How many batches of JAOM are you making? Last friday i started my first batch --this was a large batch of raspberry mead (5 gal) then caught the bug, saturday i went and purchased more brewing supplies and sunday i started a 1 gal jaom, and 1 gal of edworts apfelwein. Im just waiting to purchase some more jugs and get some blackberry mead going and then maybe some beer too

Waiting on one more one gallon carboy to make a JAOM with D-47 Lalvin which should ferment it out dry and see where that goes. I've got a bunch of beer stuff but that's for 5 gallon batches...which if that stuff tastes anything like it smells, I won't be playing with measly little bottles for much longer.