PDA

View Full Version : Bulk age to bottle?

B. Goldwater
07-05-2013, 05:28 PM
I have a mead that has been bulk aging for 9 months and I need to free up some space. This is the first time I have bulk aged usually I stabilize and shortly there after bottle. This batch was stabilized and back sweetened 9 months ago and not touched since then. Do I need to hit it with more sulfite before I bottle it?

fatbloke
07-06-2013, 12:26 AM
If you're gonna leave it in the bottles any appreciable length of time (like because its not ready yet) then I would, but if its "ready enough" or close too, no. I'd just give the bottles a last "slosh out" rinse with sulphite solution......

B. Goldwater
07-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Thank you fatbloke

I appreciate how much you have helped me and others on this wonderful forum. Just wanted you to know.

fatbloke
07-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Thank you fatbloke

I appreciate how much you have helped me and others on this wonderful forum. Just wanted you to know.
Well I just figured its the whole point of forums i.e. to help others make decent, drinkable versions of something that generally doesn't have any real standards.

After all, we're just using modern methods to make something that hasn't had a consistent method for at least a half millenia.

Hopefully your patience in bulk ageing, is appropriately rewarded with it being a decent brew......