• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Help me name it!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Fisk Jaegaren

NewBee
Registered Member
I have an entry due tomorrow and I need a name for it! Here's the description of what's in it, all ingredients except the Camden tablet and 71b yeast are from Michigan. (cyser entry)

Apple cider
Sweet cherries (a rarity for 2012, Michigan lost over 75% of it's cherry crop last year due to a late frost.)
Cayenne pepper
Honey from Jodi-Bee in Clarkston,MI

My description is as follows:
Cherry cyser with cayenne; a still, sweet mead that begins with a very cordial cherry sweetness on your tongue followed by a thorough awaking of the entire palate by the fieriness of the cayenne which will linger long with you. Not for the faint of heart, this fiery treat can be quite the novelty as it displays the ability of the mead and it's maker to bring forth the hand selected, nurtured and refined Michigan grown products.

Any ideas?

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Michigan Cherry Bomb Cyser? (you know, those little firecrackers I was never allowed to play with)

WVMJack

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 12, 2013
Karnage, WV
www.wvmjack.com
Is it really firey hot or just below taco bell hot because if you use fiery and its not I would knock major points off for the failed promise of heat, if its just a little hot maybe say a touch of heat. One the other hand using fiery might scare timid judges into not taking more than a few drops, seeing it wasnt enough to burn their face off and leave it at that and never get a true taste of your mead.

Maybe Hot Cherry Wolverines Breath?

WVMJ

Fisk Jaegaren

NewBee
Registered Member
Well, its hot....not stick your face in the horse trough hot, but a good sizzle....and a far cry from taco bell hot too!

Cherry bomb is one i thought of too....but what if it does indeed bomb, lol?
Michigan harvest heat?
Dunno, lol

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns