PDA

View Full Version : Wow! This got out of hand fast!

mannye
07-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Got the first batch Starting to clear (JAOM) but the fruit is still floating, the second batch roiling away with Trappist Ale yeast and now a third batch of Wyeast Belgian Ale yeast experimental is in a flask waiting to become a gallon tomorrow.

If any of these three turn out good I am going to need to make an addition to the house.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/17/nu7usape.jpg

The bar is getting crowded.

THawk
07-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Get rid of the pushcart and/or the bottles of other stuff... build a large rack wire rack... once the rack is in place, it's gonna feel empty... I suggest adding more carboys and buckets! ;D

mannye
07-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Get rid of the pushcart and/or the bottles of other stuff... build a large rack wire rack... once the rack is in place, it's gonna feel empty... I suggest adding more carboys and buckets! ;D

Don't worry.. the Road Runner is being sold...then I'll have a whole garage to fill up with buckets, barrels and carboys...:D

fatbloke
07-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Don't worry.. the Road Runner is being sold...then I'll have a whole garage to fill up with buckets, barrels and carboys...:D
Is that one of those garages that is pronounced "brew room"........;):D:cool:

Marshmallow Blue
07-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Is that one of those garages that is pronounced "brew room"........;):D:cool:

It's exactly what one of the closets is turning into in my apartment.

Bob1016
07-17-2013, 05:06 PM
The closet in my bedroom of our two room apartment has a fridge, a makeshift bottle rack (wine boxes), a rack for all my chemicals and equipment with a space for a 5gal pail of honey and a few grain boxes underneath, 2 2gal fermenters and a 1gal jug on top, plus room for 4 6gal carboys, and I can still get to all of the chemicals and the fridge.
Needless to say, me and my girlfriend have a large dresser! ;)

Riverat
07-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Out of hand?....this is the spare bedroom turned warehouse, the other side is stacked with buckets of honey and full carboys, not to mention the island in the kitchen with three carboys on it!....nah. I'm under control LOL:p

WVMJack
07-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Do you think you could fill up the real Tardis? WVMJ

Riverat
07-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Do you think you could fill up the real Tardis? WVMJ

Ooh, that's a thought. My double door reach in cooler (think convenience store drink box) needs to be painted....its about the right dimensions for the front. Hmm, gotta give this some thought!

mannye
07-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Ooh, that's a thought. My double door reach in cooler (think convenience store drink box) needs to be painted....its about the right dimensions for the front. Hmm, gotta give this some thought!

The garage...I mean, Brew Room... is going to be decorated like the interior of the TARDIS. Most of the brewing/winemaking/distillation equipment already looks like Tardis interior stuff anyway.

Bob1016
07-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Well that just beats everything! :)

Cal
07-17-2013, 09:27 PM
This started off as one jug with a balloon making a JOA.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8291/frix.jpg

TheAlchemist
07-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Out of hand?....this is the spare bedroom turned warehouse, the other side is stacked with buckets of honey and full carboys, not to mention the island in the kitchen with three carboys on it!....nah. I'm under control LOL:p

Spare "bed?" room?

WVMJack
07-18-2013, 04:36 AM
Cal, when are you going to move up to the big bottles :) WVMJ

This started off as one jug with a balloon making a JOA.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8291/frix.jpg

Cal
07-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Cal, when are you going to move up to the big bottles :) WVMJ

When the wife lets me. Space is a premium in our one bed room apartment. I really want to bump up to the 3 gallons.

Chevette Girl
07-18-2013, 09:48 PM
I've had to make a rule... don't bring it home if there's no room for it... too bad I didn't institute it until AFTER I had more 5- and 6- gallon carboys than I have room for in the brewing corner...

That said, I think my favourite batch size is 3 gallons...