PDA

View Full Version : Here is what happens.

mannye
08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Once you taste that one gallon JAOM. You get a 5 gallon carboy and make more! 936

Swordnut
08-17-2013, 10:02 AM
I lolled. Haven't mead a JAO yet but I did exactly the same after my first 2l batches. C: 2x 12 liter vessels now and eyeballing a 30 liter one :o

fatbloke
08-18-2013, 04:15 AM
I lolled. Haven't mead a JAO yet but I did exactly the same after my first 2l batches. C: 2x 12 liter vessels now and eyeballing a 30 liter one :o
Nah! bollocks to that. Get your arse over the border to Brouwland and go for a 54 litre size one (or two)......

Just remember that you might need a small crane of some sort, because a full 54l size one is ball bustingly heavy when full :eek:;D

THawk
08-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Bah! I've had the insane idea that I wanna make a JAOM in a Tote Bin. Capacity of 1MT (1000kg). You'd need a forklift to pick the sucker up!! :eek: ;D

WVMJack
08-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Ah, your first big boy carboy, a grande day Mannye, 10% more work than the gallons and you get to enjoy the results 500% more and now you can get the bulk priced fruit. WVMJ

Once you taste that one gallon JAOM. You get a 5 gallon carboy and make more! 936

mannye
08-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Ah, your first big boy carboy, a grande day Mannye, 10% more work than the gallons and you get to enjoy the results 500% more and now you can get the bulk priced fruit. WVMJ

And honey! Lucky for me I have both an apiary and an orange grove within driving distance!

Robin...to the Lexusmobile! (Ok, so my car isn't cool...)

Chevette Girl
08-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Robin...to the Lexusmobile! (Ok, so my car isn't cool...)

Opinions on whether mine is vary widely. Most of my friends hate it and my mom calls it "the Turd" but not a week goes by when it doesn't spark a conversation with a complete stranger, often at gas stations but sometimes even on the road!

Right, back on topic again... I like the 3 gal carboys because I'm not that big and have trouble safely moving the 5 gal ones around when my hubby's not around, but for the most part, it is only 10% more work for 500% more product. Unless you have fruit to prepare. 5 lb of pears or crabapples or red currants, yeah, no problem, 1 TV show later and it's done. 25 pounds, now that's a significant time investment...