PDA

View Full Version : Foamy jug?

OrganicTruth
10-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Can anyone explain why the GotMead logo looks like a girl holding a beer with foam on top? I though Mead was supposed to be like wine and not foam when u drink it?

Chevette Girl
10-02-2013, 08:57 PM
My guess is that historically, mead was drunk very early, often while it was still fermenting, hence the foam... but that's just my guess ;D

mannye
10-03-2013, 12:23 AM
OT is keeping that tradition alive with his mead!

fatbloke
10-03-2013, 01:42 AM
Or just asking faintly ridiculous questions in the wrong forum......

Whatever V decides to use as a logo is up to her (if she threw out the question for public debate, that'd be a different matter entirely).......

And this certainly isn't a mead making resource, n00b question is irrelevant.......

mannye
10-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Lol. Fatbloke never fails to put a smile on my face!

kuri
10-03-2013, 10:00 AM
That's not foam. It's a divine glow. :)

OrganicTruth
10-03-2013, 01:45 PM
OT is keeping that tradition alive with his mead!

Haha. how did u know mine is foamy? I actually like drinking it with the fiz/bubbly taste, but the sad part is not enough alcohol is there until it finishes fermenting lol. Do you think it's possible to ferment in the fridge, so it's like a cold bubbly mead? Or will that ruin the process?

OrganicTruth
10-03-2013, 01:46 PM
That's not foam. It's a divine glow. :)

You sure? It looks like a combination of both lol

SeanC
10-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Maybe she was trying out her new kegging setup, like in this tutorial :)

http://cidersage.com/kegging-tutorial/

Chevette Girl
10-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Haha. how did u know mine is foamy? I actually like drinking it with the fiz/bubbly taste, but the sad part is not enough alcohol is there until it finishes fermenting lol. Do you think it's possible to ferment in the fridge, so it's like a cold bubbly mead? Or will that ruin the process?

Check out the Newbee Guide so you have a grasp of how fermentation works. Then check out a recipe called "Finnish Sima", you should be able to find it using the forum search tool. That should give you an idea how to make something carbonated, quick and relatively safe, and if you still have questions, start a brewlog and ask the experts :)