• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

I got to meet a second Gotmeader face to face!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I ran into AlphaGenetics tonight, he's been busy making beer and hasn't been around Gotmead lately but he recognized me by my armour and came up and introduced himself ;D

My sword goup was out at the theatre doing a sword and armour demonstration to promote the new Hobbit movie (we got staff prices at the concessions and free passes to a preview of the movie). He was there to see the movie...

Shmafty

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 27, 2012
Austin, TX
Awesome! It's always, well usually at least, fun to meet someone from online in real life!

I'm almost scared to ask what the staff prices for concessions are versus how much normal movie patrons pay...

bernardsmith

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Sep 1, 2013
Saratoga Springs , NY
It is a very small world, although Second Life makes it a little larger... but I'm curious about the movie itself. It's being panned around here. Is it worth taking my son to see? He's 13.

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
Always good to put a face to a name.

I keep promising myself a month long tour of the US and make sure my phone has local roaming etc.

That way it'd be a brill experience just to meet up with a few faces IF they have the time.....

See the real US and not the one forced down our throats by the tourist authorities......

One day......one day :D

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Well, I definitely enjoyed the movie and so did everyone I went with, although one friend (not present that evening) thought the first one was so boring that the second wouldn't be worth the flat arse from sitting in a theatre so long. All I could think of for most of the first movie was, "I've been here before!!" (the scenery is very similar to the Lord of the Rings movies and also startlingly similar to what I spent hours running around getting lost in Lord of the Rings Online. Some of the scenes are just breathtaking, and Smaug was definitely worth the wait. There were a few directional/plot decisions my hubby and I didn't agree with, but then, all the Lord of the Rings movies had the same thing, good movies on their own, just don't compare them to the book ("WTF are elves doing in Helm's Deep?"). The warg chases in Hobbit 2 are more exciting than the nazgul chases in LOTR, in my opinion.

Staff pricing for a hotdog was two bucks, list price was six. I can't believe people pay fifteen bucks for a bag of popcorn, a fountain drink and a chocolate bar... frigging highway robbery and I won't pay it, that's more than the dang ticket!!

Akueck's been to my place... and two American Gotmeaders have been in Ottawa but we couldn't make the schedules work... That said, anyone else finding themself in Ottawa is welcome to PM me about dropping by for a drink and some chatting, I don't get out much myself except to even more remote places like Sudbury...

Honeyhog

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Staff pricing for a hotdog was two bucks, list price was six. I can't believe people pay fifteen bucks for a bag of popcorn, a fountain drink and a chocolate bar... frigging highway robbery and I won't pay it, that's more than the dang ticket!!
That's why I only buy a drink and smuggle in my own candy, not a huge popcorn fan anyways so no huge loss.

UKTony

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Dec 24, 2012
Richmond, VA
If anyone ever finds themselves in my area, I'm more than happy to say hi... assuming I'm not travelling myself for work.

T.

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Come to Miami Beach if you want to see real poverty.
mypy2uza.jpg

I hear these guys had to REDUCE STAFF!! We are avoiding them so as not to cause any discomfort. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
I'm always up for a quicky. Next time let me know! I can always drive up to meet you with a bottle BOMM. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
I think Detroit is getting a bum rap. Having worked in TV for over 24 years "if it bleeds it leads" isn't a joke. They distill the bad stuff going on and present it without even looking at the other side of the coin. Rather... they avoid the other side of the coin.

If Miami local news got out, no one would come here EVER.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Whereas Ottawa really is pretty boring, all things said and done... I think we're up to number nine so far for 2013 as of late October? Toronto's in the mid-fifties?

2012 statistics say there were 543 homicides in Canada last year...

Fisk Jaegaren

NewBee
Registered Member
I think Detroit is getting a bum rap. Having worked in TV for over 24 years "if it bleeds it leads" isn't a joke. They distill the bad stuff going on and present it without even looking at the other side of the coin. Rather... they avoid the other side of the coin.

If Miami local news got out, no one would come here EVER.

I've worked in Detroit for the past 10 years. While the downtown and certain neighborhoods in it have their bright spots, the bad areas far outweigh the good. I am not bashing, simply stating the truth.

If anyone ever wants to meet me and see firsthand, I will give you a personal tour, good and bad and let you decide....then of course we go to Schramms or B. Nectar.

BTW some of my most cherished places in MI are in Detroit and I am on a volunteer group that put many hours into conservation of the Detroit River and connecting waterways and most recently the effort to re-establish Belle Isle as a premier state park for all to enjoy.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns