• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

I'm Back! Not that anyone missed me...

Barrel Char Wood Products

painthappy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 23, 2005
It's ok... It's been a while. I just bottled a year old batch of mead, made another a couple weeks ago, racked it already, and I have 60lbs of more honey coming.

Doing a little research on potentially doing a large batch in the future re-ran across this site. I said to myself... I remember that place.

A little dance and a little log-in after a password reset... I'm back!

Of course it says: You last visited: 09-08-2006 at 05:13 PM

So seven and a half years ago... What did I miss? :p

Well, in that mean time I never lost my roots. I've started keeping bees, failed a few times but I keep at it, and I'm back making mead.

Anyhow, it's good to be back.

11928790203_815aa992b5_z.jpg

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
What's happened? Uh, well, I somehow made some obscene number of posts, many of which are even about mead... there's a 300+ post religious discussion somewhere in the hive with no flaming... probably a number of forum upgrades and new tools, we've been talking a lot about not boiling honey, doing staggered nutrient additions, DAP/energizer ratios, not adding acid to mead musts, stirplate discussions, and recently a one-month mead (BOMM)... and a whole lot of discussion about Joe's Ancient Orange Mead and variations on that theme. Or at least that's what's up since I joined.

Glad to have you back, can't wait to hear some bee stories!

Shmafty

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 27, 2012
Austin, TX
What's happened? Uh, well, I somehow made some obscene number of posts, many of which are even about mead... there's a 300+ post religious discussion somewhere in the hive with no flaming... probably a number of forum upgrades and new tools, we've been talking a lot about not boiling honey, doing staggered nutrient additions, DAP/energizer ratios, not adding acid to mead musts, stirplate discussions, and recently a one-month mead (BOMM)... and a whole lot of discussion about Joe's Ancient Orange Mead and variations on that theme. Or at least that's what's up since I joined.
Now we just need to set that to the tune of "We Didn't Start the Fire". ;D

Reactions: TheAlchemist

painthappy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 23, 2005

Glad to have you back, can't wait to hear some bee stories!

So what you're saying is.... I'm doing it all wrong?

I don't' boil honey, but then again a bochet is slated in my future... Staggered nutrient additions? Already do that. 1/4 tsp each day for the first 5 days. Maybe not staggered enough though.

Not adding acid? Old habits are hard to break and I seem to get better results with a bit of citrus added.

One month mead? This I gotta see.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns