PDA

View Full Version : Sending Mead to MCI from Vancuver, Canada

Noe Palacios
02-12-2014, 12:47 AM
I'm having troubles sending my mead from Nicaragua. A frien of mine is going to Vancuver. how difficult is sending my sample (4 bottles) from there?

Saludos,

Honeyhog
02-12-2014, 01:07 AM
Tough to do I think. The provinces have some strict conditions on transporting beer, wine and spirits. If they are going to the province/state where you want the mead to go you can take it in your checked luggage but I don't think you can mail it.

mannye
02-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Well, CAN and MAY are different things. If you're not going to go crazy if customs finds it and pours it out because you MAY not send, then you CAN send it. If you are going to be travelling from or to Nicaragua, then it's way better to just put it in your luggage. No airline has ever given a crap about the bottles in my checked luggage. Where does your friend have to send the bottles to in Vancouver? My thinking is that if they are going to somewhere in Canada, you are much better off sending from inside Canada. You may still run into a problem, but the chances are way less. I would increase the odds by sending four separate parcels with one bottle each. A big pain in the ass, but 4 times more likely to arrive.

Noe Palacios
02-14-2014, 01:45 AM
Well, CAN and MAY are different things. If you're not going to go crazy if customs finds it and pours it out because you MAY not send, then you CAN send it. If you are going to be travelling from or to Nicaragua, then it's way better to just put it in your luggage. No airline has ever given a crap about the bottles in my checked luggage. Where does your friend have to send the bottles to in Vancouver? My thinking is that if they are going to somewhere in Canada, you are much better off sending from inside Canada. You may still run into a problem, but the chances are way less. I would increase the odds by sending four separate parcels with one bottle each. A big pain in the ass, but 4 times more likely to arrive.

It seems I did not explain myself. My friend is going to fly to Vancuver and send my Mazer Cup international sample to Chicago.

Saludos,

GntlKnigt1
02-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Shorter distance from Vancouver to Colorado, where Mazer cup is held

Sent from Arthur Dent's towel smothering a volume of Vogon poetry, some of which just leaked out.

mannye
02-14-2014, 10:47 AM
It seems I did not explain myself. My friend is going to fly to Vancuver and send my Mazer Cup international sample to Chicago.

Saludos,

Oooohhhhhh. Still a pain because it has to go through customs. I would certainly try to send everything separately in case you get a jerk who had a bad day at either Canada or US side. I just had some exotic flower seeds from Malaysia destroyed because of paperwork. And no, they weren't poppies wise guys. :)

I have just filled out my customs forms for sending TO Canada and we will see how that goes. If Chevette Girl gets mead we will know its possible.

Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now. G

Chevette Girl
02-15-2014, 11:05 AM
And I'll defeintely let people know how it goes when I return the favour... but I doubt that's going to be before the Mazer Cup.

Honeyhog
02-15-2014, 12:07 PM
And no, they weren't poppies wise guys.

Hahahahahaha, funny, but moot. If you look at the garden store it's usually easy to find a few varieties of Papaver Somniferums. There are dozens of narcotic varieties with Gigantheums being the most common in garden stores I believe. The dried pods can be made into tea for natural home remedy pain relief. Don't cut them though and collect the latex as that is a felony.