PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mazer Cup International Entry Deadline

Oskaar
02-26-2014, 04:03 PM
2014 Mazer Cup International Home Meadmaker Competition

Entry Deadline MARCH 07, 2014

The Mazer Cup International 2014 will be conducted on March 21 & 22, 2014, Boulder, Colorado
The Mazer Cup International is a BJCP & AHA sanctioned mead-only competition open to all home meadmakers.

Enter your best and take a shot at winning a hand-crafted mazer for first, second and third place winners in each category!

How do I enter?
Click here (http://www.mazercup.com/home/login.php) to enter. Entries are registered ONLINE, saving the hassle of paper tracking. 2014 fees are $10.00 per entry.

Why should I enter?
Compete against a host of international home meadmakers
Valuable feedback from MJCP judges, professional meadmakers
Suggestions on how to improve your mead from MJCP judges, professional meadmakers

When may I enter?
Enter Now! The Mazer Cup International is open for entries
The entry deadline is March 07, 2014
The Mazer Cup Home Competition judging is Saturday, March 22, 2014

Don't Miss Out!
Visit the Mazer Cup International Website here (http://www.mazercup.com/index.htm) for more information.

Enter and go head-to-head with the best meadmakers in the world. This will be a great competition for mead feedback from mead experts, profressional, and other award winning meadmakers.

BONUS: This year we will have a judge from the UC Davis - Robert Mondavi Institute Honey and Pollination Center! That's right folks UC FRIGGIN Davis!

Add us as a Facebook friend here (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Mazer-Cup-International/262804674181)

or

Follow us on Twitter here (http://twitter.com/MazerCup)

wayneb
02-26-2014, 05:35 PM
One Important Note that Oskaar forgot to mention:

The total number of home entries is capped this year, so as not to overwhelm our ability to provide everyone with quality feedback. The cap is 350 entries, and as of this afternoon we're above 320 registered.

DON'T Delay! If you've got something you want to enter, do it now. You snooze, you lose!

GntlKnigt1
02-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Wow! Haven't really followed Mazer Cup before, but 320 is a LOT more than I would have guessed...

Sent from the Nexus of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which has been infected with Vogon poetry, some of which leaked out here.

wayneb
02-27-2014, 11:10 PM
As of now, we only have 2 entry slots still open! Last call!!

anir dendroica
02-28-2014, 12:56 AM
Just submitted six entries; all were accepted.

Shipping tomorrow so if I missed a deadline tell me tonight! My first year entering the Mazer Cup.

skunkboy
02-28-2014, 01:19 AM
Slots are full, time to move over to blackjack?

wayneb
02-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Anyone who successfully entered (i.e. completed the registration and completed payment), is entered.

mannye
02-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Good luck to all!

GntlKnigt1
02-28-2014, 01:19 PM
I've seen a smattering of prize winning recipes/mead logs from a few years ago, but has there ever been an attempt to organize all of them (that are public, anyway) into a single thread/volume/location?

wayneb
03-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Then if you are in the US, Please heed this. The USPS absolutely prohibits shipment of alcoholic beverages in the mail. If they find that a package contains alcoholic beverages, they are legally authorized to destroy the package and they can elect to file federal charges against the shipper. The good news is that they rarely do this for any homebrew contest entries. In fact here in the Denver area they see so many homebrew entries for so many contests each year that they have adopted a more lenient attitude toward anybody caught not following the rules -- for the first offense at least!

This year, despite warnings that we post on the MCI website, apparently two folks have violated USPS regulations and have shipped their entries in the mail. I just had a long chat with a very nice Postal Service Hazmat team member who told me that I can drive to the far side of Denver to pick up these two entries should I choose to, but they will not transport them from that regional depot to our destination address.

FWIW, this is a degree of courtesy not afforded to most folks. The guy who I spoke to happens to know what mead is and is willing to release the shipments to me instead of dumping them down the drain. The folks who shipped them now have their names and addresses on file with the Postal Service and if they are found to ship anything else alcoholic via the mail, they may be liable for prosecution.

TAKE THIS STUFF SERIOUSLY, FOLKS! If you are in the US, please only ship via FedEx or UPS. I know that it costs more, but in the long run it is worth it. FedEx or UPS won't be sending federal agents to knock on your door in the event that one of your bottles leaks in the future!

BTW - The rules for shipping alcohol vary widely from country to country, so if you are not resident in the US and you find that your Post Office does ship alcoholic beverages, because of reciprocity agreements between countries for mail handling, you can safely use the mail to transport your entries to us. It isn't fair, but it is the law.

Noe Palacios
03-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Then if you are in the US, Please heed this. The USPS absolutely prohibits shipment of alcoholic beverages in the mail. If they find that a package contains alcoholic beverages, they are legally authorized to destroy the package and they can elect to file federal charges against the shipper. The good news is that they rarely do this for any homebrew contest entries. In fact here in the Denver area they see so many homebrew entries for so many contests each year that they have adopted a more lenient attitude toward anybody caught not following the rules -- for the first offense at least!

This year, despite warnings that we post on the MCI website, apparently two folks have violated USPS regulations and have shipped their entries in the mail. I just had a long chat with a very nice Postal Service Hazmat team member who told me that I can drive to the far side of Denver to pick up these two entries should I choose to, but they will not transport them from that regional depot to our destination address.

FWIW, this is a degree of courtesy not afforded to most folks. The guy who I spoke to happens to know what mead is and is willing to release the shipments to me instead of dumping them down the drain. The folks who shipped them now have their names and addresses on file with the Postal Service and if they are found to ship anything else alcoholic via the mail, they may be liable for prosecution.

TAKE THIS STUFF SERIOUSLY, FOLKS! If you are in the US, please only ship via FedEx or UPS. I know that it costs more, but in the long run it is worth it. FedEx or UPS won't be sending federal agents to knock on your door in the event that one of your bottles leaks in the future!

BTW - The rules for shipping alcohol vary widely from country to country, so if you are not resident in the US and you find that your Post Office does ship alcoholic beverages, because of reciprocity agreements between countries for mail handling, you can safely use the mail to transport your entries to us. It isn't fair, but it is the law.

Hello Wayneb!

You just remind me my youth when being a student I also worked at the Organic Chemistry Lab in Saint Petersburg Academy of Forestry, there we had an Atomic Resonance Electromagnetic Analizer - ЯМР. I loved to play with that toy.

This one for US $ 650.00 looks to small and cheap to me, have you tried? is it the real thing?

Saludos,

wayneb
03-09-2014, 12:13 AM
Which one, Noe?

Noe Palacios
03-09-2014, 02:34 AM
Which one, Noe?
Both link you left are ebay's links to a kind of supposed Atomic Magnetic Resonance device. Later I read and it came obvious that it doesn't do :( the job that did the one I use to work with. I was happy for few minutes.

Saludos,

wayneb
03-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Interesting! I did not incorporate that link intentionally. Somehow since I was scanning eBay in a different browser window at that same time, the link was made for me. Strange....

Even stranger, when I clicked on the link to see what you were talking about, once I closed the ebay window, the link on my posting to Gotmead went away!

Perhaps this is part of the "rogue script" that Oskaar is trying to troubleshoot.

GntlKnigt1
03-15-2014, 01:50 PM
A "little late to the dance" here, but I found this link while looking at meadery pages....wine shipping cartons from U-Haul.

http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Boxes/Kitchen-moving-boxes/Wine-Shipping-Kits?mid=169